• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Newcomer you're most hyped for?

What Newcomer are you most hyped for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So, I had this idea awhile ago when we were discussin'g the Newcomers in the Ridley thread(just to show how off-topic we get), but only decided to do it now(probably because I'm lazy).
Basically, you choose who is the character you're most hyped for from the newcomers; rate them in uniqueness, how much do you think they deserved and that kinda of stuff, just don't say "I like him/her, he/she looks cool", give an explanation, I don't want this thread to become spammy
Let me start this:
:4greninja: Most people don't like him, but he was my starter in X and Yand as you can see by my username, I was a Zoroark supporter, but now, with this guy, I can say: "screw any other Pokemon! This is all you need". As deserving, I rather feel bad that he was only chosen due to popularity, it's the whole Charizard thing, it's not fair to fans of the other starters. And in uniqueness, he has projectiles, teleportation kind of move(the only reason I used Mew2 in Melee), a counter(?) and Pikachu kind of recovery for his specials, as for his standard and Smash moves, they seem really fast, just like Sheik, seeing as he has good air-game, he's gonna be my main :cool:
Now, it's your turn good people
sorry if there is some thread similar to this one, but the most similar that I found is the "Who you're going to main and why?" thread, which isn't what I'm trying to achieve here(:nifty:please, don't kill me)

Morbi

Scavenger
Little Mac; he is what got me interested in Smash again, he reminded me of what Smash Brothers hype is like. I feel as though he is deserving. I used to support him because a fighting game could use a fighting character. I wouldn't honestly assert that he is too unique though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Goddamn! You're fast! I barely post it and you already comment here.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I would say Villager. When I first saw him in the Smash Bros. trailer, I was instantly hyped! He seemed unique, and I freaked out when he grabbed Samus's Charge Shot. Later, I got Animal Crossing: New Leaf and loved it. Since then, I've just been getting more hyped for him as we got more info on him.

I barely post it and you already comment here.
Off-topic, but once I posted in a thread and the thread owner liked my post literally seconds after I posted it.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
:4megaman: easily. A huge fan of his series, love the guy to death. While I'd like X more, Mega Man is Mega Man and he's gonna be my Mega Main.

JFM2796

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, the only newcomer I personally have a connection with is Greninja. I got into competitive Pokemon with X and Y, and he was one of the first I IV bred.

As for the others, most of them seem like they'll be fun to play as, but I wasn't rooting for them to be in Smash.

EDIT: A detailed breakdown:

:4villager: I'm happy to see Animal Crossing got a rep. Seeing as it is a relatively popular Nintendo franchise, it felt like it should get more than a stage/assist trophy. Messing with projectiles is always fun.

:4megaman: I was a little out of the loop with pre-SM4SH speculation until recently, so I wasn't aware of how high the demand was. Although I've never played one of his games, I'm glad he is in for his fan's sake.

:4wiifit: I thought this reveal was hilarious. It's good they found a way to give the Wii era representation beyond the Miis as well.

:rosalina: I didn't actually know that she was in any game other than the first Galaxy, so her reveal was a huge surprise to me. She has shown to be a unique character, and I'm looking forward to playing as her.

:4littlemac: Never played Punch Out, but I think Mac is a great addition. Not only did his inclusion satisfy a high demand among fans, he also fills a much needed role of a realistic fighter.

Last edited:

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Rosalina. Previously, I didn't like the idea of including her, but when I saw the trailer, I loved te concept. I really want to play with her.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
To me it's a tie. With :4littlemac: just slightly over :4megaman:.

Megaman was my childhood, plain and simple. And Classic is my favorite version of the blue bomber too.
He should be treated as first party IMHO, because he pumped out about 15 titles on Nintendo before thinking of other systems. (DOS Megaman games don't count, lol)
Megaman was the 2nd videogame mascot I knew (1st was Mario) and I immediately fell in love with his games.
And to this day and age, he's probably my favorite Videogame character.

Little Mac is a new-ish thing for me. I became a fan of him when I sought the creative mastermind behind my all time favorite game, StarTropics, back in the Pre-Brawl days. And when I invesigated what other awesome games his team had made.... there was Punch Out! I instantly recalled the game being pretty famous back when I was little, I just payed little attention to PO back then. But now as an adult, I played them and I loved the heck out of em. The Wii version is my new favorite game ever.
And although the ending to the game left a bitter taste in my mouth, the fact that Mac is back for more in SSB4 makes it all so much greater (especially with Doc Louis speaking in the trailer). And this is why I'm slightly more excited about :4littlemac:.
Can't wait to punch the heck out of everyone! :D

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Mega Man is my favorite game series of all time, so easily him. Words could not describe how much I wanted hm in.

Little Mac is second, as Punch Out is series I hold very dear to me, and he truly deserved to be in.

Sadly, other than those two, I really could not care less about the newcomers we've seen so far.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Rosalina and Palutena :)
Rosalina's character is the most interesting to me, and her fighting style is the most unique imo.
I think her design is perfect, and those are the 3 things I want. So, 3 out of 3.
She was my 2nd most wanted character after the deconfirmed Midna. So even if her moveset was just "meh" I'd be hyped.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
:4villager: I really love Animal Crossing and was Super Hyped when he was announced. I've wanted him since Brawl, and of course, he jus looks really crazy and fun. In fact, my New Leaf villager is dressed as his default costume.

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
:4wiifit:
Hope her F-air has a sweetspot like C. Falcon's Knee; that would just be icing on the cake.

Last edited:

jigglover

Smash Lord
Ugh I am seriously torn between :rosalina::4wiifit:and:4villager:.

Now for why I don't like the others so much:
:4greninja: - Quite a personal reason. Basically, because I am a huge fan of Pokémon, I also made an account on a Pokémon forum, and nobody liked Froakie when he was revealed besides me and a couple others. When Frogadier was announced everyone was like "I always loved Froakie wtf?" and that completely put me off the evolutionary line. Speaking more generally now, I feel like this really is Charizard.2. Popular started, is put in smash because of it, is unfair on the fans of the other lines. Especially because Ivysaur and Squirtle were already in smash, and honestly I mained Ivysaur out of the 3 later on, earlier on I mained Squirtly. I never liked playing as Charizard, and I am actually disappointed to see him back.

:4megaman: - Never played his series, it's always looked a bit... idk... cheesy? It's just the amount of powerups and everything in the games that I don't like, and from what I have seen, the level design seems very linear. Besides, it's just Metroid without the atmosphere...

:4littlemac: - Honestly I just don't like him. He was really popular, but he's already had his remake on the Wii so he is different to Pit (and I'm still waiting for my Ice Climber remake!) so he's just a fairly popular character with 2 games under his built. Besides, he's a boxer in a fighting game. If they wanted to take that route I'd have picked Knuckle Joe, not someone who is quite literally a human who can punch quite hard and is a ******.

I'll say why I like the others a bit later.

D

Deleted member

Easily Little Mac. He's my second most wanted newcomer and he looks absolutely amazing.
The only character that I can be more hyped for than him is Shulk.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
villager definitly plus that pocket ability tho

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
Villager. Though I'm really hoping that they reveal some new ones soon, six isn't enough in my opinion.
they will sakurai wait till e3 where 3000 get to experience the chars for em selfs

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Villager, he looks to be very fun to play as. I'm loving his Pocket Ability.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
:4greninja: for me so far. I love Pokemon, and I rather enjoyed Greninja in X&Y.

I'm just stoked it wasn't Delphox

However, nothing has yet super stoked me. Ridley, Paper Mario or K Rool could do that. But honestly, just give me Ivysaur and I'll be happy. lol

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I'm excited for everyone !:shiro:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Villager mostly.
I've always loved characters like him (characters who use a mish-mash of references as their moveset, like Mr. G&W).
A close second would be Megaman though.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
greninja we needed another ninja like fighter but uh is it a boy or a girl greninja

Last edited:

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
mega man hes awesome nuff said

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I didn't realize that we could discuss aout unconfirmed newcomers!.... and this is my thread.
If we're doing this, I might as well ask: Which Newcomer reveal would bring the most hype for you?
For me, Ridley since my remaining most wanted have been deconfirmed

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Ok then.
Most wanted newcomer.

And I don't even mind if he becomes a regular trophy, Assist Trophy, or best case scenario, a playable character, as long as I see an updated version of Mike Jones from StarTropics.

This is the only character in the history of videogame characters that could trump absolutely anything I've seen this far. Megaman, Sonc, and Little Mac included.

Last edited:

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
what did i start -.-

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Villager mainly and also Little Mac as a distant second. Everyone else I'm not fussed about.

Isaac and Shulk would completely dwarf my Villager hype if they were announced though.

WonderSmash

Smash Apprentice
Little Mac. He's been around long enough that he could've been in the first Smash Bros. He'd be a senior member by now instead of a freshmen

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
:4littlemac:, no contest. Not only do his moves like cool, but he's a fast combo-orientated character with super armor. I will learn to do cool **** with that, if it kills me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom