• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which newcomer trailer/tagline is your favorite

Whats your favorite character tagline/trailer

• Total voters

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well everybody was revealed (the non dlcs anyway) i have the trailers here so go ahead and vote for your favorite (im not the creater of the video)

I forgot charizard in the vote so bput this in :4charizard: if you are also voting for "Charizard fires it up"

Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Feels like cheating, but "Lincoln gets sworn in" trumps all. Otherwise, probably Robin's.

Niala

Smash Ace
While it didn't contain my favourite tagline, the Duck Hunt trailer is hands down, no questions asked the best trailer. The synchronization of visual and audio in it as well as overall presentation floor the other trailers.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Definitely "Robin brings the thunder!" mostly due to my utter obsession with Fire Emblem: Awakening and the fact that it's one of my favourite games of all time, but also because Robin's reveal as a playable character completely took me by surprise. I NEVER expected Robin to a newcomer in Smash Bros. and that moment was for sure the biggest reveal, at least for me, in terms of newcomer trailers/taglines.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Mega Man's because like with Sonic in Brawl, I crapped myself when I saw the reveal.

However Robin's "Brings the Thunder!" was pretty awesome too.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Can I say that Charizard and Mewtwo shouldn't count because they are both vets? Because Charizard and Mewtwo shouldn't count because they are both vets.

Anyway, Villager and Little Mac for best tags, Pac-Man an DH Duo for best trailers

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
There's likely a chance I may like the Robin trailer best for some reason, but Palutena's tagline is my favorite. It's short, simple, and uses a great word to make a meaning.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Pac's, because the buildup leading to the delivery was godlike.
*Cue dramatic SFX*
"Waka"
Bam. Done.

Plus his was clearly the most clever. Villager gets a close second tho.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Coolest::4shulk:
Most Hyped::rosalina:
Most unexpected::4pacman: (If without the leak::4duckhunt:)
Most unfavorite::4bowserjr:

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
Little Mac's trailer was definitely my favorite. The stylized art of the intro and sort of self-contained story was great. The music was fantastic too. The trailer perfectly explained how Little Mac works in just minutes while showing off cool gameplay with funny narration by Doc Louis. That said, Shulk and Robin were two of my most-anticipated characters, so I was obviously hyped over the moon for their trailers.

As for taglines, I really can't choose. Probably a 3-way tie between Wii Fit Trainer Weighs In!, Little Mac Punches In!, and Robin Brings the Thunder! All 3 are super exciting while also being quite punny.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Kinda funny how Dark Pit doesn't get one at all. But if anything it should've been:

Dark Pit, Crashes the Party

just for the sake of Palutena's reference. Wish someone could edit a screen of him like. I actually feel sorry for the kid.

But anways, Duck Hunt and Wii Fit Trainer were my favorite :)

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Robin has the best tagline.

Little Mac's trailer was the best though, it had a great style and a great buildup, it managed to get me hyped for a character I previously did not care for at all.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Mega Man, Rosalina and Robin's trailers are my favorite ones I've ever seen.

As far as the tag lines, my favorite ones are "Rosalina & Luma Launch into Battle", "Little Mac Punches In", "Pac-Man Hungers for Battle" and "Robin Brings the Thunder"

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Robin's trailer was the best. I had the most hype during that trailer. Two newcomers at once and both from Fire Emblem: Awakening, one of them being one of my most wanted characters? All of my yes.

A shame that Dark Pit is the only newcomer with no tagline. I mean, even Lucina had one (and made Robin's awesome trailer even better).

Funny thing is that the Japanese taglines are much more bland, as all taglines are: "<Character name> 参戦!!", which means "<Character name> joins the battle!!"

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
"Elijah Wood like to battle"

Mostly because I didn't even get it at first and thought it was some weird typo, then I looked back at it, realized, and laughed.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Can I say that Charizard and Mewtwo shouldn't count because they are both vets? Because Charizard and Mewtwo shouldn't count because they are both vets.

Anyway, Villager and Little Mac for best tags, Pac-Man an DH Duo for best trailers
Mewtwo was added to the list due to most hyped character and also due to most wanted character.

Besides diden't you see the honorable mention part of his vote?

Last edited:

Aus0115

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aus0116
Rosalina's trailer was by far my favorite. Wii FIt Trainers tag tho lol.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
ABSOLUTE FAVE: Duck Hunt wasn't anything I expected. I thought Nintendo would tell us not to laugh. :troll: Also Wii Fit Trainer weighing in.

NOT QUITE LIKEY: "Makes a Splash?" Seriously? I'd much rather say that Greninja Gets Wet! At least the rest of that trailer more than makes up for it.

D

Deleted member

I can't say for which tagline is the best, though "Lincoln gets sworn in!" kinda takes the cake.

For trailers, my personal favorite is Shulk's. It was setup nicely by having Shulk spout lines and references to Xenoblade, having him fight against Link and Marth, introducing how his Monado Arts work, listening to music like You Will Know Our Names, and so on. As a big fan of Xenoblade, this is just a love letter to fans of the game. While the leak did kill things for me, I still can't help but get excited over seeing the trailer again and again, especially when Shulk is fighting against some of Nintendo's greatest and most iconic mascots; it just feels surreal to me. Oh yeah, and "I'm really feeling it!"
While Shulk's is my favorite, I think that Robin has the best trailer. It starts with Lucina about to get owned by Captain Falcon and you think, "Well, this is Chrom's trailer I suppose. He'll get up and save her." But NOPE! Robin comes in, utters "It's going to be alright." and his famous quote "Time to tip the scales!", and his gameplay shows what Fire Emblem is all about: tactics. It was a beautifully done trailer for a great game like Awakening.

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
My favorite had to be lucina and robin trailer. With the gematsu leak so prevalent at the time I was taken by suprise. Robin was one of my most wanted I characters and was so excited to c him announced

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
"Lucina Wakes Her Blade" of course, that was one of the best days of my life.

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
I still wish it were "Mewtwo Strikes Back" instead of "is On the Way"

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
Even though Mega Man and Greninja hyped me during their reveal due to them being the only characters I knew and actually played with before their trailer, I at first was happier at their inclusion rather than their moveset.

This is a tossup really: my favorite trailer is a tie between Shulk and Robin in showcasing their moveset but "Robin brings the thunder" is still a badass tagline, especially after his "tip the scales" remark. By going through trailers alone I was definitely more hyped for Robin than Shulk initially because he was a swordsman from Fire Emblem who 1. doesn't have blue hair in his normal alts and 2. incorporates swordplay AND magic to make him a really unique fighter. If I didn't test out Shulk beforehand, Robin would've been my primary main.

WhyteMage

Smash Rookie
Robin's, without a doubt. I posted a big spiel about it in the Robin forums, but the presentation of Robin in that trailer would just fantastic. Even beat out Rosalina's and Palutena's, which until that one were my favourites.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I still wish it were "Mewtwo Strikes Back" instead of "is On the Way"
I suspect he'll get a real trailer at some point.

Though listening to the reaction videos, this may have been enough

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
"Shulk Forsees a Fight"

Because literally after the tagline, he sees a vision of Link and Marth, leading to a fight.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina's trailer is among my favourites not only because of the character, but because the animation was beautiful and it was objectively the most surprising trailer, in the sense that it was the only trailer we got where we didn't actually know it was about Smash Bros until the tagline came (the original showing of it in the Direct didn't have the flaming Smash Bros logo at the start), and we had no reason to expect a Smash Bros announcement in that Direct. I also loved the interaction between Kirby and Luma, which seems to have carried over into the game's opening reel and other material. In a way, Rosalina set the bar for me in terms of trailer presentation, and it set the bar for all of us in that we all started expecting trailers in every subsequent Direct. Not only that, but this trailer got me excited for non Smash things, such as other Nintendo characters in Mario Kart 8 - which is actually coming true (STILL WAITING ON THE PINK PUFFBALL HIMSELF THOUGH, NINTENDO). And of course, Gusty Garden Galaxy is always a beautiful song to have in a trailer.

Also, in terms of actually showing up, Rosalina is still one of the most surprising newcomers, and went against Gematsu right from the get go, which I liked since too many people used it as a basis for speculation. Even though die-hard Gematsu believers never believed it, Rosalina's reveal was earth shattering for the speculation community. Hence, her reveal may just be one of my favourites, if not my absolute favourite. Even without the fact it was announcing my most wanted character and would be main, it still MEANT the most to me, as a follower of the game.

Favourtie tagline is "Pac-Man Hungers For Battle!", though. Ironically though, I feel his reveal is my least favourite. The trailer isn't bad, but considering WHO it was announcing, it was VERY lackluster.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Obviously "Palutena Alights", though Pac-Man, Villager, Mega Man and Duck Hunt Duo are runnerups. The anime segment I found was actually kinda lackluster, but the gameplay part had me so much in hype and it was just awesome in general to see Palutena in all of her elegance joining to the fray. I so wish I had been seen the whole E3 because it even had Captain Toad as an announcement. Rest are because they're either super-whimsical or just had me very glad they're there.

I wish I could like Robin's but his trailer has me in mixed feelings still today, as much as the trailer had me in happy surprise of portraying FE well along with an unexpected mage rep (despite me seeing it as pipe dream back then, but didn't really care about). His seem really popular though and I can see why. :)

Last edited:

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
I chose the Villager's, Robin's, and the Miis' trailers, just because I intend to main them.

But I do like Robin's tagline a lot, and the taglines in the Mii trailer were pretty great in my opinion. "Lincoln Gets Sworn In!", etc. Personally I'd have liked to see taglines for Iwata and/or Reggie, but oh well. Maybe I also really like Villager's anyway because it might technically be the one that announced the games as a whole.

Top Bottom