• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which character do you HATE to fight?

Toon Link 99

Smash Cadet
I don't like fighting Olimar. Using Pikmin to attack doesn't feel fair.
And Zero Suit Samus. Her moves are very annoying and a bit broken too.

MrZero

Smash Cadet
Olimar. It's hard for me to tell what he's doing because he's so small and his Pikmin almost hide his body at times.
Mr. Game & Watch. I know he's got a lot of start up lag in his attacks, but his movement is so strobe-y, it almost makes up for it.
Diddy Kong. ****ing banana peels and peanuts. 'Nuff said.

I would sooner face a pro Meta Knight than an intermediate player using any of these.

Roy Renard

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5000-2716-4113
Diddy; so damn annoying. His bananas, his side-B, his lagless dash attack, even the sounds he makes are so annoying.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Well, there is no character that I specifically hate to fight.
The question is rather "Who do you hate to fight?"

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I used to think MK was the worst, but now I realized that Olimar is the worst. He's even more effective in lag should it appear, hard to hit as Pit, and can barely camp that evil annoyance. G&W is annoying too, but that's from a Pit's prospective.

TheFiredragon2225

Smash Rookie
To be honest. I must say I hate to fight :metaknight:(MK) he is to OP... To OP. Next there is :olimar:(Olimar) . Him and his Pikmin in the game are annoying. (but in Pikmin they are awesome.) My third least favorite character to fight is :gw:(Mr.G&W). He is annoying with his attacks. That is my worst characters to fight.

Swiggin

Smash Rookie
Luigi is my most hated character to play against. I just get pissed off getting hit by his stupid looking attacks

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
If you have trouble facing a specific character. Just counterpick a stage or adapt to a character that has an advantage over the character that you have trouble with.

And if you're gonna complain about MK not having a disadvantage then go play your own MK in order to counter other players who choose MK.

Problem solved :)

TheFiredragon2225

Smash Rookie
If you have trouble facing a specific character. Just counterpick a stage or adapt to a character that has an advantage over the character that you have trouble with.

And if you're gonna complain about MK not having a disadvantage then go play your own MK in order to counter other players who choose MK.

Problem solved :)
What if your not good with :metaknight: (MetaKnight)?

Eviltomb

Smash Rookie
I hate diddy with several passions. It started with SSE with the evil giant diddy destroying me once and the curse carried over to other modes and my hate of diddy was cemented.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
I dislike fighting Sonic because his final smash is rather cheap and extremely easy to K.O. with. Computers can be a bit stupid with it, though, so it's not always as bad with them. I also find Meta Knight to be rather annoying.

When it comes to fighting computers, I dislike fighting Jiggly Puff. Computer Jiggly Puffs tend to act very dumb and absent minded. That along with the character's inherent light weight makes them very easy to defeat, so they don't pose much competition.

TigerBizNiz

Smash Apprentice
I would say Metaknight, but everyone else is saying him. :p I'd go with those Fox noobs who spam his fsmash or the ones that stand in the corner and spam his blaster. I know they're easy to fight against.. it's just so disappointing to watch as a fellow Fox main. :facepalm: But I guess that's a typical basic brawl player for you, right? :chuckle:

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
When it comes to fighting computers, I dislike fighting Jiggly Puff. Computer Jiggly Puffs tend to act very dumb and absent minded. That along with the character's inherent light weight makes them very easy to defeat, so they don't pose much competition.
Why would you expect competition from any CPU character? :p

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
CPU characters of any level are easy to defeat, yes, but they still make good third/fourth players when you're playing with only two or three people (Matches always feel lonely to me if they don't start with four players). CPU Jiggly Puff is barely noticeable, though, and always dies off in the first few minutes of a stock match.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
CPU characters of any level are easy to defeat, yes, but they still make good third/fourth players when you're playing with only two or three people (Matches always feel lonely to me if they don't start with four players). CPU Jiggly Puff is barely noticeable, though, and always dies off in the first few minutes of a stock match.
Personally, I don't think a specific CPU character is better than another. I find all the CPUs the same, doesn't really matter what character it picks. I played with a CPU Jigglypuff an hour ago who managed to take a stock out of me due to unpredictable attacks and expert shield/SD. While all the other CPU characters, including Metaknight, didn't even get my first stock's ratio to a 100%.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Falcon is the essence of evil in low tiers that I hate, especially when I'm Bowser. Then again, I'm not fond of fighting speedy characters. Honorable mention to Samus when I'm Bowser as well (At least you can gimp Link, but Samus is just... yea), and no explanation needed for some of the higher tiers vs Bowser... *glares at Diddy and D3 mostly*

However, I'm slowly am convinced that Olimar is even worse than MK. He's just unbearable in lag and it's like he's not affected by it, via smash/grab spam.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Personally, I don't think a specific CPU character is better than another. I find all the CPUs the same, doesn't really matter what character it picks. I played with a CPU Jigglypuff an hour ago who managed to take a stock out of me due to unpredictable attacks and expert shield/SD. While all the other CPU characters, including Metaknight, didn't even get my first stock's ratio to a 100%.
I see.

I usually find a few specific CPUs (Diddy Kong, Lucario, Snake and ROB for example) to be slightly more difficult and fun to fight than others.
Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

Mattyb4

Smash Rookie
I have issues reading Falco's phantasm sometimes, and his blaster and reflector are annoying too. He'd be my pick for most hated matchup.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I can't stand MK. Wish he would be banned from everything.
Metaknight is overrated, he isn't a "free ticket to victory". A zero suit won Apex 2013 against all the top MKs, what does that tell you ? :p

lolreconlol

Smash Journeyman
NNID
boatv2
3DS FC
1934-1192-2911
Metaknight is overrated, he isn't a "free ticket to victory". A zero suit won Apex 2013 against all the top MKs, what does that tell you ? :p
I know! But there is just so much to hate about him. The tornado, the way he flies forever and pokes you off the edge of the level..

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I know! But there is just so much to hate about him. The tornado, the way he flies forever and pokes you off the edge of the level..
Shield counters nado, you can even land punishes if you predict where your opponent will land. He has the best recovery, but he's light and is killed easily. You can always recover smartly and eliminate MK's air games. Practice against an MK constanty and you're gonna realize that he's not as strong as you think.

Sarcastic White Mage

Smash Cadet
Falcon is the essence of evil in low tiers that I hate, especially when I'm Bowser. Then again, I'm not fond of fighting speedy characters. Honorable mention to Samus when I'm Bowser as well (At least you can gimp Link, but Samus is just... yea), and no explanation needed for some of the higher tiers vs Bowser... *glares at Diddy and D3 mostly*

However, I'm slowly am convinced that Olimar is even worse than MK. He's just unbearable in lag and it's like he's not affected by it, via smash/grab spam.

I've started to feel the same way about Olimar. he causes me much more trouble then MK does

pikaknight

Smash Cadet
seems like everyone has problems with olimar. I still do, u should read this tho
http://clashtournaments.com/?p=332(if your having olimar problems)
even tho its for meta knight mains because m2k made it, its still usefull in general. Also G&W is a pain and D3. i always have to counterpick my wario when against D3 because if his chain grabs. IC's are fourth.
1Olimar
2G&W
3IC's
4D3

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
When playing Samus I absolutely hate fighting against Pit. Every projectile is bounced back, so might aswell drop that. The guy can fly at free will in forever, so might aswell drop the meteor smashing. Only chance I have to KO him is down-tilt or b-air.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
When playing Samus I absolutely hate fighting against Pit. Every projectile is bounced back, so might aswell drop that. The guy can fly at free will in forever, so might aswell drop the meteor smashing. Only chance I have to KO him is down-tilt or b-air.
Oddly enough, I have some troubles with Pit as Metaknight. His projectiles, good range, and fast attacks make it hard for me to approach. It's a good thing though that I main ZSS, I'm able to approach with more ease and side-B all I want, which makes the MU better in my favor.

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
ICs is by far the most boring matchup ever for me. Stressful as all hell too.

Iceclimbers, Olimar, Marth, and possibly TL, are good MU against MK. Practice those well and you won't have as much trouble.
MK is debatably TL's worst matchup. On paper, Pikachu is the only character that goes even with MK, but you're probably better off learning ICs or Marth if you don't wanna bother learning MK, which is understandable.

Lack of MU knowledge. Before Apex 2013, basically no one knew how to play against a good ZSS. That's really the only advantage people can get against MK. Since he's that good and very common in tournaments, you're basically forced to learn the MU. The MKs you'll face, however, don't necessarily know how to deal with your niche/uncommon character.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Olimar (too tiny, too powerful, and always outcamps)
Ice Climbers (people always attempting the same things over and over... plus its cheap)
Metaknight (To a much lesser extent because I like the challenge. And when I beat them as Sonic or Samus, best feeling ever).

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
ICs is by far the most boring matchup ever for me. Stressful as all hell too.

MK is debatably TL's worst matchup. On paper, Pikachu is the only character that goes even with MK, but you're probably better off learning ICs or Marth if you don't wanna bother learning MK, which is understandable.
It's a controversy. However, I do believe that a good Toon link that can use projectiles in an expert way can give a MK a hard time. I'd still say that MK is stronger overall (of course). I think that Wolf is a worse MU than MK concerning Toon Link. Wolf has range, speed, reflector, and a projectile that can rend Toon link useless if played correctly. I'd usually 1-stock my brother's Toon link with Metknight, and I'd usually 3-stock him with Wolf.

Lack of MU knowledge. Before Apex 2013, basically no one knew how to play against a good ZSS. That's really the only advantage people can get against MK. Since he's that good and very common in tournaments, you're basically forced to learn the MU. The MKs you'll face, however, don't necessarily know how to deal with your niche/uncommon character.
It's true that most Metaknights were unfamiliar with the MU against ZSS. However, that can't be the ultimate reason of their defeat. Salem did outplay them with better choices.

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
It's a controversy. However, I do believe that a good Toon link that can use projectiles in an expert way can give a MK a hard time. I'd still say that MK is stronger overall (of course). I think that Wolf is a worse MU than MK concerning Toon Link. Wolf has range, speed, reflector, and a projectile that can rend Toon link useless if played correctly. I'd usually 1-stock my brother's Toon link with Metknight, and I'd usually 3-stock him with Wolf.
You can tell them that in the MU discussion threads, which discussed for a long time on the subject and agree that the TL:MK MU is -2 and the TL:Wolf is -1.

It's true that most Metaknights were unfamiliar with the MU against ZSS. However, that can't be the ultimate reason of their defeat. Salem did outplay them with better choice
It's hard to say which option is better against a character that you're completely clueless as to how it works. Just watch the Apex2013 MK:ZSS sets again. It's silly how MKs had no clue how to edgeguard ZSS. You're definitely underestimating MK's potential. He is straight up overpowered. A metagame where rules revolve around nerfing him makes it clear.

But I suppose this isn't the thread to talk about this, if you want, we can continue via PMs, or we can move to the BBR Tier list discussion, I guess.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
You can tell them that in the MU discussion threads, which discussed for a long time on the subject and agree that the TL:MK MU is -2 and the TL:Wolf is -1.

It's hard to say which option is better against a character that you're completely clueless as to how it works. Just watch the Apex2013 MK:ZSS sets again. It's silly how MKs had no clue how to edgeguard ZSS. You're definitely underestimating MK's potential. He is straight up overpowered. A metagame where rules revolve around nerfing him makes it clear.

But I suppose this isn't the thread to talk about this, if you want, we can continue via PMs, or we can move to the BBR Tier list discussion, I guess.
via PMs would be better.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm adding evil Luigi to the list. He's like one of them MUs that I would not understand no matter how much I had to fight em, and I can say the same for Ness, but Luigi is pure evil out of the non-top tier portion. Like aerials and jab to Up-B all day much?

And Kirby too. Just fighting one just screams annoying from the non-top tier portion as well, always air camping, B-air spamming, looking for that typical F-throw to Up-air routine via fresh stock, and always fishing for the F-smash kill that makes some of em use it more than once in a row, and there's always that chance one may attempt that Kirbycide when you lose your mind and start being aggressive.

Top Bottom