• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where Is Challenge?! Fire Emblem's Gregor for SSB4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984

Who is Gregor?
Because of how humorous the character is, a normal story description would not do him justice. So I have the spoiler free "First-Person Story: A Tale of Gregor", and the translated not-broken-english version.
(Note: and if you have a better first-person description I could use, I would love to hear it.)
A Tale of Gregor:
"Oy! Gregor's tale is long tale I will gladly tell.But I will not tell the tale about my brother, it makes Gregor teary eyed, yes?
Gregor is Sellsword, looking for job that pay Gregor well. After I finish my business with last employers, I meet Little Girl Nowi in Desert. Suddenly, Nowi punch Gregor in groin, begins with the running away, and Gregor give chase to protect her from evil men! Then, Gregor saves Little Girl, and next thing Gregor know, he gets new job in army! Gregor is happy to fight alongside his comrades, and finally get pay! Though they do sometimes make Gregor sell his gear. I am sellsword, yes? Not sword seller! The rest of tale I not finish, TC does not pay Gregor enough!Ha ha ha!"

Translated version:
Gregor is a mecenary swordsman in Fire Emblem Awakening, who, if you couldn't tell by his tone, is a hilarious guy. When the player first meet him, they see him chasing Nowi, and Chrom mistakes him for a thug. But this ends up not being the case, and Gregor ends up helping them clear the enemy's in their way. With Gregor having nowhere to go, he agree's to join Chrom's army...as long as he pay's Gregor!
Gregor's ending Spoilers(not really):
and from there, its all on the player what happens to him. Gregor can get married and have a child, can be single and get a career as a bodyguard in his epilogue, or, if your a bad tactician playing classic mode, die tragically in combat.

Arguments against Gregor

"Gregor is not getting in over Chrom."
This is an argument that is destined to keep popping up in this thread, so in an attempt to prevent it from being brought up, I will say this only once: This is in no way a Chrom detractor thread. The rest I say in Gregor's voice:
"Perhaps we can have me-er, Gregor alongside Chrom? This way Chrom fans and Gregor's big fanbase be happy, yes?"

"Okay... well,Gregor isn't a main character in Awakening, nor does he have potential. Sakurai will not pick him."
Sakurai will not pick Gregor? It is all on Sakurai, you can't predict what he will do. Remember when he claimed Pichu was added in Melee as a joke? Perhaps he would want to get a humorous fighter in this time, since he knows how popular they'd be; the Mii Fighter trailer indicated he knew people would want (you can't deny its a joke) Reggie Fils-Aime. Gregor is all humor, coming from a very popular game. Anything is possible, yes?

As for the potential part: Due to his sillyness, he may actually have better potential then most swordsman of FE for an hilarious moveset. Plus, his taunts and voice alone would warrant hundreds of people maining him.

Moveset(s)
Hopefully we can see more movesets in this section, until then here is Chromvoy's Gregor moveset:

Up smash: Upper slice: Gregor slices overhead a few times. Like Meta-Knight, just humorously.

Down smash: Leg swipe. Gregor Swings his sword down and slices at the bottom part of his opponents. Think Marth, but just in one stoke and more powerful

Side smash: Shield Bash and Slice. Gregor first bashes the opponent with his shield, then can follow up with an attack from his sword.

*Full neutral moveset coming soon*

Down special: Reeking Box.
Referencing the Reeking Box in FEA, this is an attack that gets more powerful depending on how many normal attack Gregor delivers against his opponents. Located above his damage meter is 3 chest icons, which fill up every time he delivers 5 neutral attacks.
For his actual attack, Gregor pulls out a reeking box, kicks it, and quickly hides behind whatever comes out of it.
There are 4 tiers of this, dependent on how many chest icons are filled up:
0 chest: Nothing comes out, though Gregor finds a money bag inside the chest and is distracted by it for 4 seconds."About time they pay Gregor, yes?"
1 chest: Risen Swordsman charges out, anyone in the way gets hurt.
2 chest: Risen Archer charges out, shooting a forward arrow. Him and the arrow both hurt opponents in the way.
3 chest: A (dragon) Grima-like Risen charges out, breathing fire starting from the ground up. Does three times the damage of previous summons.

Aerial version: Same, but he holds the box while airborn, so the Risen can appear in the air.

Up special: Gregor spin.
This attack is actually performed by Gregor in Awakening, but the move is unnamed. Gregor jumps in the air, does 3 spins (think Ike when performing Aether) with his sword before landing a powerful blow on the ground.

Aerial version: Same, but he lands a strong aerial attack against whoever he comes in contact with.

Side special: Evil Girl's Tome.
Gregor gets his hands on Tharja's tomes, though he obviously doesn't know how to use them. For this attack, he just throws the tome in the air. If it hits someone, they get hurt by dark magic. If it hits the floor, the tome stays on the ground as a trap, and explodes when someone steps over it. Gregor can have up to 3 tome traps on field at once.

Aerial version: same.

Neutral special: Gregor Smash.
Chargeable move. Gregor picks up a two-handed axe, charges up, slightly jumps in the air, and delivers a powerful blow that sends the opponent flying upward. A full charge can break shields.

Aerial version: Still chargeable. Similar to neutral, but he throws the axe downward instead.

Final Smash: Nowi.
"Oy!Little Girl!"
Upon yelling this, Nowi appears in the background besides Gregor. She transforms into a dragon and shoots fireballs whenever Gregor attacks for a period of time. This is a clear reference to pair up in Awakening, and given how the player first meets Gregor alongside Nowi, its the perfect Final Smash to give Gregor.

Taunts:
Up taunt: Gregor twirls his sword with one hand and ask "Who want more Gregor?!"
Side taunt: Gregor sheaths his sword and yells "WHERE IS CHALLENGE?!"
Down taunt: Gregor puts his hand in his pocket, and only pulls out a single coin, then disappointingly ask "How much you pay?"
Victory screen:
#1: Gregor swings his sword 3 times and ask "Who want more Gregor?!"
#2: Gregor says "Gregor has no time for such willy-nilly's!" as he starts to sit on the ground and sheath his sword, smiling. His pose is the pose seen in his official FEA artwork.
#3: The Fire Emblem Level Up sound effect plays, and a confused Gregor says "Whats this? Gregor's biceps tingling!"
#4: Vs Chrom exclusive victory quote: Same pose as #1, but the dialogue is now "Is time to pay Gregor now, yes?"

Gregor's Art Gallery:
Gregor and Nowi

Gregor's Smash Page Icon (fan made by Chromvoy):

And now, Gregor ask:"Who vant more Gregor?!"
Shepherds Who Vant More Gregor/Supporters
Chromvoy

Last edited:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
The OP has been updated with more of his smash moveset. Do read it, yes?
Also, this has come to Gregor's mind:

You do know what this means, yes?
#IsGregorMonday.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'd totally play Gregor. As long as one of his attacks involved a bottle of "vater."

He's such a g, though. Do want.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Gregor smash opposition! Plus, Gregor was mentioned in developer interview as favorite character, no?

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Gregor smash opposition! Plus, Gregor was mentioned in developer interview as favorite character, no?
Gregor ace high in all popularity polls. Better then evil girl, yes?
However, Gregor change his mind. They don't pay Gregor, then Gregor will not join battle. Is bad business, no?

...Only joking. Gregor join for free!

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Omigosh yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

Gregor is amazing, and I would love to see him in Smash.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Hm, I need to update the OP later.
Sakurai seems to have no problem with having a lot of FE characters, and Sakurai knows who Gregor is since he played FEA.
Gregor is very much of the funny, yes? So now he add Gregor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom