• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When to use c-stick?

kook321

Smash Apprentice
I hear that most people use the c-stick but i just seem to refuse to use it. I understand what the uses of the c-stick are but i dont find it that help with luigi. I feel i can fight just as well with out it, if not better. If there are real good reasons to use the c-stick instead, please comment.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
The main advantage is that using the C-stick frees up your analog, which allows for things like DI'ing in one direction, but doing an aerial in the other. It also reduces the input required for a smash down to one flick of the stick, so you can execute a smash immediately after a wavedash with a more reliable consistency.

If you're not yet convinced, try SHFFLing up-airs with the C-stick and then try without--there's no question which is easier.

jas3

Smash Apprentice
use it for spacing ur double aerials as to not get shield grabbed.

also, u can dair without fastfalling, which helps especially when ur off the stage.

kook321

Smash Apprentice
yea i read that u can use the c-stick for Di. but is it really worth to use the c-stick consistently b/c i find it hard to reach for it. and how often do most people use it?

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Yes, it's worth it. I can't cite anything more convincing than the SHFFLed u-airs--all ya gotta do is try it to understand the practicality of the C-stick.

TheZeroFaReal

Smash Apprentice
The C-Stick is a playing choice. You can dual stick DI and everything but its really how you feel like playing it. I only use the C-Stick for my smashes because I don't feel a need to aerial with em. I double aerial fine without it and I find it easier to aerial with a then down smash with the C-stick right after a jab.

ppa0

Smash Journeyman
-(-This is a paid comment brought to you by Ppa0-)-

... USE IT !

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
I use the control stick for all the aerials but the Uair and Nair(You don't even need the C stick for a Nair).

Uairs are hard to do for some people SHFFLing them seeing how the accidently do their second jump. It's not impossible, but with fast and careful hands, it's possible.

ppa0 said:
-(-This is a paid comment brought to you by Ppa0-)-

... USE IT !
One of the greatest posts ever....

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
I agree, I refuse to use C-Stick as well, though, in those emergency situations it's better to use the c-stick for QUICK counters as well as low risk attacks. One slip of the actual joy stick can make a wrong move and throw the game for you. I try to rotate between the two, but varying on which characters I am, I tend to think slower.

altir

Smash Apprentice
mostly it is good for momentum controll.

eg. dsmash while wavedashing, you lose your momentum if you dont use the c-stick. can be used to be going in a different direction then your attack like the fair straght down or a fast falled uair.

Maben

Smash Journeyman
I just can't seem to use the C-stick even though I've been told time and time again that it's much faster and easier by the pros. It just feels so awkward to hit it with like the ball of my thumb or the side of my thumb. I also hate trying to switch between the C-stick and the A button if I want to slightly charge a smash or I want to use a Nair. Sometimes I want to make split-second decisions and don't want to move my hand.

I think the A button can be almost as good as long as you learn to do very fast Dairs so as not to fast fall (if needed) and you can do smashes quickly on the ground. I do admit sometimes I do tilts instead of smashes when not using the stick though.

kook321

Smash Apprentice
I also hate trying to switch between the C-stick and the A button if I want to slightly charge a smash or I want to use a Nair.
U know u can charge with the c-stick, i forget how but u can. but yea i agree with u, i know the advantages of the c-stick but its so uncomfortable.

Top Bottom