• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When is the last time Peach won a major tourney?

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
Someone earleier asked about Peach being top tier.

Top Tier:
Fox
Falco

High Tier
Marth
Shiek
Peach

I think thats how it goes. But IMO marth should be at the top and falco dropped to High tier.

@Rick-How did they get nerfed? I dont want to sound mean, i never heard that before. Also, the only non-technical Fox is mine =P

Xelic

Smash Ace
The problem is that Peach is too slow. She has priority, and her individual attacks can be fast, but other high-end characters have a MUCH faster movement speed with attack that have just as much speed and priority, if not more. Really, the only thing that saves her is her down smash. She really needs that to put on some decent percent, and it sort of makes up for her very situational combos.

Also, as has been said, every other good character combos the **** out of her. You mess up once against a good Marth and you eat 5 aerial attacks. Sheik, Fox, and Falcon can instant kill out of grabs. Falco will completely stop Peach's movement if you aren't good at powershielding. And I'm not saying that Peach doesn't have anything on those characters. She can chain grab the fast fallers, but only for a certain percentage range before they can jump out, at which point you have to hit them with an attack that won't come close to killing them. She is versatile, and has some dirty tricks, but in the end, the other characters are dirtier. ='( I really don't believe that a Sheik or Marth with good spacing should ever lose to a Peach. They can run circles around her.

Ridiculous.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
@Rick-How did they get nerfed? I dont want to sound mean, i never heard that before. Also, the only non-technical Fox is mine =P
Here is some nerfs that happened to Fox, Marth and Sheik in PAL.

Marth

- Marth is lighter, thus easier to kill
- Dair is a Meteor smash = no more low % Ken combos

Fox

- less knockback on upsmash and dsmash
- Fox is lighter, thus easier to kill

Sheik

- less knockback on upsmash and uair
- can't combo after dthrow anymore (you can DI it much more horizontally)

Armada seems very good... but you gotta agree that the game is easier for Peach players in europe... and the US peaches would have a better shot at winning major tourneys if we were all playing PAL. And I'd like to see guys like Nihonjin **** every1 with the NTSC version lolz.

EDIT: Peach hasn't been changed in PAL btw

EDIT2: lol, ganon's fair also has been weakened... take a look for yourselves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_ZSZNEt8io

LysanderBlack

Smash Apprentice
The problem is that Peach is too slow. She has priority, and her individual attacks can be fast, but other high-end characters have a MUCH faster movement speed with attack that have just as much speed and priority, if not more. Really, the only thing that saves her is her down smash. She really needs that to put on some decent percent, and it sort of makes up for her very situational combos.

Also, as has been said, every other good character combos the **** out of her. You mess up once against a good Marth and you eat 5 aerial attacks. Sheik, Fox, and Falcon can instant kill out of grabs. Falco will completely stop Peach's movement if you aren't good at powershielding. And I'm not saying that Peach doesn't have anything on those characters. She can chain grab the fast fallers, but only for a certain percentage range before they can jump out, at which point you have to hit them with an attack that won't come close to killing them. She is versatile, and has some dirty tricks, but in the end, the other characters are dirtier. ='( I really don't believe that a Sheik or Marth with good spacing should ever lose to a Peach. They can run circles around her.

Ridiculous.
I Second every word of it, and must know as a peach player, a lover of all things peachy, and a general peach enthusiast, how are we to overcome these problems?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I Second every word of it, and must know as a peach player, a lover of all things peachy, and a general peach enthusiast, how are we to overcome these problems?
We do what XIF did: create something new. We need to play smarter, and play better against these counters. Only then, we'll have a chance. If they can react at adnormal speed

so can we ****it.

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
Me and my friend were entertaining this thought: What if Marth was banned? It would give Peach a much better chance at winning, as well as some other characters who get friggin destroyed by Marth. Just a thought, i don't think they'd do that anyways.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Me and my friend were entertaining this thought: What if Marth was banned? It would give Peach a much better chance at winning, as well as some other characters who get friggin destroyed by Marth. Just a thought, i don't think they'd do that anyways.
You forget, we have Fox and Falco. maybe shiek as well. So Peach will still have problems if Marth is in or out.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
You forget, we have Fox and Falco. maybe shiek as well. So Peach will still have problems if Marth is in or out.
You also forget. In order to unlock Falco and Fox's full power, they need to play with adnormal reactions, which not a lot can do. So, in some places, Peach has a chance of winning.

Also, as much as I really really really really really really really really...*two hours later*...really really really...* a day later* really REALLY wanna ban Marth, I think that'd be way too easily. :p

*faints as he loses breath*

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You also forget. In order to unlock Falco and Fox's full power, they need to play with adnormal reactions, which not a lot can do. So, in some places, Peach has a chance of winning.

Also, as much as I really really really really really really really really...*two hours later*...really really really...* a day later* really REALLY wanna ban Marth, I think that'd be way too easily. :p

*faints as he loses breath*

You loser.........
Go to any big tournament and you will see fox and falcos with adnormal reaction or w/e. Fox and Falco are still a problem for her, screw Marth, he is a ***** on Peach already, but she has much of a better chance on him that these guys at beast level. Fox and Falco wont let her breath. These 2 characters win tournaments for a reason........

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
my goodness peach players this is like a "lets all band together and john thread" wtf is going on here

no johns peaches, no johns.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
my goodness peach players this is like a "lets all band together and john thread" wtf is going on here

no johns peaches, no johns.
Can you point out the johns please? Cause last I checked, many agree that Peach can not win a big tournament. And the reasons were stated.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
haha i'm only messing around

seriously though

step it up, no johns.
*phew*

well you cant even lie. So many Pro Peaches in the US, not one has one a major tournament. Thats the only thing I could say about this, and reasons for that were stated.she has like.........99.9% chance of winning one.

LysanderBlack

Smash Apprentice
*phew*

well you cant even lie. So many Pro Peaches in the US, not one has one a major tournament. Thats the only thing I could say about this, and reasons for that were stated.she has like.........99.9% chance of winning one.
I love peach, and I will always consider her to be my main, but I will admit that I have been training with Shiek to battle a select few characters. Marth is one of those characters.

Also, I was just thinking about Gimpyfish the other day while pondering what's wrong with our peaches, and I remembered something I really bloodywell admire about the Fishman.
He is always doing things with bowser. His bowser never stops, and is always dangerous to approach, and that's part of why he plays such a wicked one.
Perhaps we need to work on keeping our Peaches active, hmmm? Just a thought... after all it's not hard to floatcancel a few mindgame nairs/fairs here and there.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I love peach, and I will always consider her to be my main, but I will admit that I have been training with Shiek to battle a select few characters. Marth is one of those characters.
People have told me to do that. Though I dont do it. I just use Peach for everything. my win count against Marths is 50/50. it may be hard on me to just want to use her for everything, but meh. I never really plan to win a tournament with Peach. Just wanna get known and ranked as a Peach player. As long as I go far in tournies, I dont care. Fox and Faclo take tournies, Marth as well, so hope is lost for everyone else below that

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion

Also, I was just thinking about Gimpyfish the other day while pondering what's wrong with our peaches, and I remembered something I really bloodywell admire about the Fishman.
He is always doing things with bowser. His bowser never stops, and is always dangerous to approach, and that's part of why he plays such a wicked one.
Perhaps we need to work on keeping our Peaches active, hmmm? Just a thought... after all it's not hard to floatcancel a few mindgame nairs/fairs here and there.
FANBOY!

No, truly I admire gimpy above any player, he is truly a beast of a player, and he's hilarious too

Ijuka

Smash Ace
Armada beasted nearly all of the Marths at RoS4 pretty much(lost to masamune =o). But he's only been playing Peach for like half a year...

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
Peach is better than ppl think <_< i think her only true counters are fox and marth. peach ***** the *** out of falco just downsmash once and like hes in danger zone for dying LOL. sheik can give peach trouble but i dont think its too bad most good peaches seem to beat sheiks on their level. marth is the safest bet though. Fox even tho can **** peach rly hard she does have like ridiculous combos and such vs him as well so its not like the ugliest matchup ever just worrry about those marths >_<

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
seriously though guys i mean wtf be creative with your character, down smash is good and all but get some tricks! LOL
I agree with you there, thats why your the man. Most people wanna play like others, and dont just want to make up things on thier own. With Peach I like to use her up-B for many things, and it works. And I play.......what my friends and I say....********. weird style of mine. Some players came to me saying my style is somewhat something they never seen. Though it seems Im not that creative and cant hold my ground that much in tournaments of hard match ups

LysanderBlack

Smash Apprentice
I agree with you there, thats why your the man. Most people wanna play like others, and dont just want to make up things on thier own. With Peach I like to use her up-B for many things, and it works. And I play.......what my friends and I say....********. weird style of mine. Some players came to me saying my style is somewhat something they never seen. Though it seems Im not that creative and cant hold my ground that much in tournaments of hard match ups
Hahaha, yeah, this sound's familiar.
A ganon player I like to play against says i have a wierd, but like-able peach... he was like;
Dude, you just upair`d as you fell through that platform... I guess it makes sense, but it's really weird to see peach do that... and you do some wierd stuff with the turnips too...

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Hahaha, yeah, this sound's familiar.
A ganon player I like to play against says i have a wierd, but like-able peach... he was like;
Dude, you just upair`d as you fell through that platform... I guess it makes sense, but it's really weird to see peach do that... and you do some wierd stuff with the turnips too...

Ha ha ha, thats funny, and what wierd tuff I do with turnips. I dont notice O_o

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It's not that hard to deal damage with Peach without her dsmash. Float right below a fastfaller and use some uairs, then double jump a nair for great justice. Peach has a decent ground game, but the real strength is in the aerial possibilities.

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
Thats right, gimpyfish did it all =P

Uthrow->Nair to get people off of the stage. (You probably knew that but still)

Do we have a CG against spacies? I've never played one with good DI, so I cant say for sure

Tanea

Smash Ace
there are so many possibilities to be able to win with peach someone day i to be that person people just need to complain less and practice more that's all it is

but for me it will be a while cause i don't use avd. tech not cause i can't do them but because im strange

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
The lesson is that good players know many characters... at the highest level of play, the best always have a secondary to back them up

Mr Chris here has Peach as a secondary

Mew2King has Fox and Sheik

Chu Dat has Pikachu

So asking that question in the first place is nonsense IMO... like Cort said once:

''I just don't understand that obsession with the concept of having a main''

or sumtin like that lolol

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Mix up odd combos, make your opponent realize they can't predict your moves. Make yourself dangerous to approach and play just plain 'weird'. It works with Falco too.

Eval

Smash Journeyman
Basically from my point of view Marth is the worst match up. I prefer to go against fox rather than marth. What you need for foxes is to play SMART. Every time i play against a fox i think of being careful not to get grab and upsmashed, DI his up aerial ( DIing that makes foxes get a hard time killing peachs upwards) and DO not rush (eating a couple of laser just to watch for some hole is ok but dont eat too much). You will have a lot of pressure against foxes but when you get the hole, its going to hurt. Every time i see a video of peaches i only see this effing rush like if they have to beat the guy in less than a minute >.>'. When i play i play real safe and i start looking for hole and opportunities.

About the peach winning tournaments, its really hard for her to win a tournament alone. Only mayor tournament i went was Evo2k7 World which i think i was one on the few peach main there ( i think i was the highest peach main and i placed 9 x_x). Tournaments down here are more like the same, marth and foxes...

Even thou peachs cant win tournaments i still main here just because i <3 her. Peach got a great potential but you have to play her VERY SMART in order to win...

Top Bottom