• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the biggest Smash Tournament You've won?

Foxisthemaster

Smash Apprentice
I' m 17 years, old and I've been winning Smash bros. Melee tournaments, since the day it came out, back in 2001. Since then, I've competed in numerous " GameCrazy", "EB games", and even "Temple of Pong" Smash tourney's that I've dominated in. I was just a small 11 year old kid, and i was killing like 20 year olds. This is the first time I will hopefully go to some underground pro type tournament, like SmashFest (which will probably be a lot tougher). I might be attending the OSU tourny on May 19th (which will be for actual money, not no store credit).

Usually those who show up at a GameCrazy tourney are nOObs, but trust me I'm not a wannabe. Everyone takes one look at me, and sees a short fat kid, and thinks, their is no way this kid can play smash. I wouldn't be the one who destroys my peers, at my schools "Gamers Club" every week, if that wasn't true.

Before I even discovered SWF, I was already doing most of these advanced tactics.
http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=18294

I learned them by playing religiously

I was just wondering, what was the biggest Smash (any Smash, 1 or 2) that you've won at? What was the Grand Prize?

Knivez

Smash Ace
I' m 17 years, old and I've been winning Smash bros. Melee tournaments, since the day it came out, back in 2001. Since then, I've competed in numerous " GameCrazy", "EB games", and even "Temple of Pong" Smash tourney's that I've dominated in. I was just a small 11 year old kid, and i was killing like 20 year olds. This is the first time I will hopefully go to some underground pro type tournament, like SmashFest (which will probably be a lot tougher). I might be attending the OSU tourny on May 19th (which will be for actual money, not no store credit).

Usually those who show up at a GameCrazy tourney are nOObs, but trust me I'm not a wannabe. Everyone takes one look at me, and sees a short fat kid, and thinks, their is no way this kid can play smash. I wouldn't be the one who destroys my peers, at my schools "Gamers Club" every week, if that wasn't true.

Before I even discovered SWF, I was already doing most of these advanced tactics.

I was just wondering, what was the biggest Smash (any Smash, 1 or 2) that you've won at? What was the Grand Prize?

WOW.

STFU :p

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
You should go to WA monthlies...

Or I guess Tang would probably be more convenient for where you live...

Come to WA monthlies anyways!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hah! 30 person for $40? i won a 15 man local tourny for $100 xDDDDD (but not all of them sucked, they were aite. one was pretty good and got 2nd.)

but yeah, not a lot of people have actually "won" tournaments. even some extremely good players have never won a tournament. (chillindude has won, what, like 2 or 3 times? nvm i don't know sht about EC lol)

Taco Head

Smash Ace

so

araknophobik

Smash Master

2 in the pink
1 in the stink

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Why are all the Oregon people like this?

Lunin - ratking doesn't play.

Foxisthemaster - no more threads until after OSU, OK?

nealdt/Silent Wolf - Lock this.

JMW

Smash Apprentice
Why are all the Oregon people like this?

Lunin - ratking doesn't play.

Foxisthemaster - no more threads until after OSU, OK?

nealdt/Silent Wolf - Lock this.
it's not just your area Aftermath, there was a guy several months ago talking the about how GREAT he was and he shows up to a tourny gets beat in a few friendlies and then disappeared before the tourny started i think or he stuck around until he was elminated, which didnt take long, he hasnt been heard from since then.

foxisthemaster is just a big fish in a little pond. just be sure to give him "the wake up call" that most cocky smashers receive when they go to a real tournament.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Man, Oregon people are wack.

JK <3

Binx

Smash Master
I mostly just play with my friends, I thought I was getting really good until Chris down in corvallis 3 stocked me with his... well everybody. I've been improving alot lately, I took second place in 2 gamecrazy tournaments, the first one I used mario the whole way through and and lost to a really bad marth, but what can I say Mario doesnt really do well against marth, and I think I could have won it too if it would have been 4 stock, but it was 3 stock matches and those suck, the second one I went ahead and used higher tier characters and 3 stocked every single person there except my friend Minh who beat me by 1 stock in the best 2 out of three during the third match, which I dont mind cause hes better than me by a little and we play alot.

Foxisthemaster

Smash Apprentice
Maybe you're right AfterMath

Oh yeah, thanks to all the people who actually answered my initial question, how but we stick with that.

Not looking to start fights, or anything

Hey it's not like i'm trying to brag, I thought I made it clear that I've never been to anything so challenging, and this probably will be tough, and I might even lose. I was just giving an overview of myself.

I am competetive, yet I wan't to also have fun.

I'm just trying to start up some conversation, and get a topic goin' sheesh!

Knivez

Smash Ace
Binx thanks for the commentary but that was unnecessary, with all the johns and what not. Mario ***** marth anyway, unless he's ken's marth.

On another note, foxmaster WILL lose if he goes to any moderate tourny in SWF. Its not a matter of IF, but WHEN you will lose, If you seek out real competition that is. Well i used to think i was the shet too and guess what? i was. Of course i am the chosen one. But then again not too many people can go to their first tourny and beat the top players. It just shows how much i ****. WOW I LOVE MYSELF.
Everyone loves me, please check out my space. Its called NaRciSsITic Ba Stard at hotmales.com

DieSuperFly

Smash Lord
The biggest tournament i won was probly ummmmmmmm the one i had in my back yard =) some thugs entered and use guns instead of joysticks o.o (i live in compton) the guns were really big =\ compton has really big guns and alot of chicken stands.....and also taco stands...bums get payed more then the ppl that sell flowers and mangos.....the bums have very convincing signs...

JMW

Smash Apprentice
lol well since i need to get my count up all i have to say is wow alex posted something and it was so random. also i think i was at that tourny in his backyard but hard to say as he had another one soon after that. oh well.

Eggz

Smash Hero
I uh...*thinks*...yeah I haven't won anything really big. Most I've won at a single tourny was $176, beating DSF in Winners Semi, SilentSpectre in Winners Finals, and SilentSpectre again in Grand Finals.

LOL WTF? You mean RatKing?!
LOL no, I meant this random who showed up out of nowhere and won a TANG.

Foxisthemaster

Smash Apprentice
Knivez, what's up with you being "The Chosen One"?

Also I said this before, I'm not, repeat NOT trying to come off like i'm better then everyone else. I'll probably lose. I don't expect to win, cause the best players i've ever faced is kids at school, and people at GameCrazy tournies (that ain't sayin' much).

why you ask, I come if I don't even think I'll win
I just wan't to see the competition, and how the pro's play like. Hopefully I can train and get better, and as good as some of them.

Top Bottom