• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What types of characters do you like

monzer

Smash Journeyman
Looking at the mains and secondaries of a lot of smash players, I've noticed that certain people tend to like certain types of characters and the characters who people use are generally pretty similar. So this is just a thread for people to post what elements of a character made you want to main them, or what character archetypes you like to use.

I tend to favor characters that are combo heavy(:4mario::4falcon::4luigi::4zss:) or weird, troll characters(:4villager::4robinm:)

I also like meme characters(:4falcon::4villager::4robinm::4myfriends:)

Last edited:

jamesster445

Smash Lord
I tend to play rushdown characters in fighting games,
My Smash mains throughout the series, were :mario64::roymelee::wolf::4robinm:
My mains in Street Fighter 4 are Guy, and Evil Ryu
My main in Blazblue is Hazama
My UMVC3 mains were Ghost Rider, Vergil, and Dr Strange

And while I do like other types of characters, I like getting up close to my opponent and generally lock them into place and open them up with mix ups.

I like playing as small fries and projectile hellions. In the past, that consisted of Ness, Olimar, and Game & Watch (sausage spam was a sufficient projectile for me). How fortunate I am that SSB4 introduced three more: Villager, Mega Man, and Duck Hunt. I have some kind of hidden talent with Duck Hunt, as I do well even when I feel like I'm just goofing off with him. Befitting for a troll character.

NNID
Majorasmask66
Usually when I look at a fighting game roster I see which character I enjoy the most and go from there. It can really vary. However I tend to lean towards the powerhouse type characters. So slow but powerful and can take hits like they're nothing.

SSB4: Little Mac with Ganondorf as my secondary in every smash bros game hes in.
Blazblue: Azrael
Playstation Allstars: Not a big fan of the game but I did play it for a bit. Any way, Zeus.
UMVC3: Nemesis
Skull Girls: Valentine and Filia
SC4: Nightmare

Last edited:

phantom man

Smash Journeyman
I like a mix of Tech and Rush down. That's why I play Pikachu and Pac-man! Pikachu covers Pac-man's average close range game, and Pac-man covers Pikachu's long range game.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
I prefer the character's design and/or game he/she is from and just adapt to their playstyle.

like, for instance, I love pikmin so I'm gonna play Olimar and adapt to his playstyle.

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
:jigglypuff64::kirby64:

Puffballs are life.

Top Bottom