• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What the CSS could look like after all DLC

D

Deleted member

I made this because:

1. I hate how the CSS is laid out currently with characters in a franchise not all grouped together
2. Might as well speculate on who would fill the remaining 6 slots, with my own preferences of course

SSBU_DLC_Roster_wishlist.jpg

Some notes, if you care:
1. I don't think we'll get more than 6 characters anyway just because DLC has to stop sometime, and we could even get less, but this is assuming we get 6 more.
2. After all DLC, the breakdown would be: 4 veterans (Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, Wolf) and 6 newcomers (Ryu, King K. Rool, Daisy, Bandana Dee, Rayman, Banjo & Kazooie)
3. Was going to add Isaac, but on second thought he'd make a great Mii costume, right? Right?
4. Reasons for each character added:
-Daisy: Mostly I just want her in, but she's also usually within the top 10 or so on polls and is even more popular in Japan, which helps her chances (because Japan bias). Probably more likely than people think.
-King K. Rool: despite the Mii costume, King K. Rool is generally on top of all the polls. Sakuai would have to really hate the character not to please fans and include him. Given his popularity in the polls, he would sell well.
-Bandana Dee: also relatively popular in polls, and Sakurai favors the franchises he's worked on. He's no longer being modest like he was in the Melee days, so I could imagine him rounding out his Kirby characters, because he can.
-Wolf: Highly requested, and should be easier to bring back because he's a veteran and shares special moves. Probably we'll get him when Star Fox Zero launches in December.
-Rayman: Ubisoft has supported the Wii U better and longer than most 3rd party companies, and plus there was that Rayman trophy. And that guy from Ubisoft creating a Mario Maker level. I would not be surprised if Nintendo wanted to nurture that relationship even more by adding in Rayman, who is also arguably pretty iconic. Not Pac-man iconic, but still.
-Banjo & Kazooie: Less likely, but I really want them in, ok?! Also an iconic 2nd/3rd party character duo that hearkens back to the N64 era. It's more likely now than it ever has been....also we need the Banjo/Kazooie games on VC.

So, what do you think? Plausible? The worst CSS speculation you've ever seen and your 3-year-old nephew could do better? Let me know.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
This looks great! That being said here's what I think about the actual choices.

-I'd love to have Rayman, but he's relatively unknown in Japan, and not exactly killing it here.
-I want BK too, but it's not happening. Nintendo's not going to help out Microsoft.
-I don't see Daisy happening. Sure she's popular in Japan, but there are still a handful of characters ahead of her over there. Add that to her overall lack of popularity here, and I just don't see it.
-I think Bandanna Dee is 50/50 at this point. The most support you're ever going to see for him is here, outside of that he's sort of mid-tier in popularity from what I've seen.
-If the questions didn't arise with the costume, I would think K.Rool is a lock. I think he's still very very likely. If I had to predict I'd say he and Wolf are the only ones here that are actually going to be on the final roster.

Speculator

Smash Ace
The layout is very good. The characters vary pretty wildly. If Sakurai thought Chrom was too similar to Ike to include then I genuinely have no idea how he could justify Daisy, especially on top of seven main series Mario characters that are already present. K. Rool and Bandana Dee are both perfectly possible but personally I don't expect either of them to actually make it in - we all saw the bruhaha about the Mii fighter costume, and I don't think the Kirby series is about to stretch so far as a quaternary protagonist. Wolf of course is likely, even if he is a huge waste of a spot. Rayman I'd class as "technically possible" but that's literally only because of the trophy, I think if they were going to add another DLC third-party character they would start making the connections to bring Snake back, or at the very least a character from a Japanese studio. I'm genuinely surprised Banjo & Kazooie get so much discussion considering they have absolutely zero per cent chance of ever appearing in SSB - they're my childhood games and I'd love for it to happen, but it won't and can't.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Wolf, Rayman and Bandana Dee aren't as popular as people think. Bandana Dee especially. When you get outside of Smashboads, he doesn't have much. Of those three, Wolf is probably the most popular. I would say Wolf has good popularity, but he's not in the top. The big three are really King K. Rool, Inkling and Isaac. Splatoon's popularity is such that Inkling is guaranteed a slot. The real question that remains with Inkling is which game: 4 or 5?

Banjo and Kazooie would be Service to Microsoft that isn't happening. Why people waste votes on this is beyond me.

If the Mii Costume isn't a death sentence like people are raging that it is, then K. Rool I think will have a chance.

I don't think Daisy is all that big, and as was previously stated, 7 Mario Characters (plus 1 dress up) is a lot already.

It's missing Isaac. Isaac is pretty damn popular on both sides of both oceans. And he's not just another Anime JRPG Swordsman.

Last edited:

Dhragen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dhragen
I thought this was going to look like a fair roster, until is seen Daisy.....

....Ok, ok, i will try not to judge, he just like the character, different opinions, so i will pass that on.....

Was going to add Isaac, but on second thought he'd make a great Mii costume, right? Right?
...*grabs a fork and torch*

D

Deleted member

This looks great!
Thanks!
-I want BK too, but it's not happening. Nintendo's not going to help out Microsoft.
Yeah I know, probably not. But I like to imagine that a deal might be made to allow Nintendo to re-release the Banjo games on the Wii U virtual console. I like to imagine a world where Banjo & Kazooie can be shared among gamers on both Nintendo and Microsoft platforms. A world where all may be happy.
-If the questions didn't arise with the costume, I would think K.Rool is a lock. I think he's still very very likely. If I had to predict I'd say he and Wolf are the only ones here that are actually going to be on the final roster.
I agree with that.

The layout is very good.
Thanks!
If Sakurai thought Chrom was too similar to Ike to include then I genuinely have no idea how he could justify Daisy, especially on top of seven main series Mario characters that are already present.
Well a lot of people think she wouldn't be like Peach at all, and she certainly wouldn't have to be. I don't think she's the most likely, but ever since Rosalina came to Smash it's like a huge fire was ignited under all Daisy fans everywhere and they, like Daisy, are very loud.

As for other popular characters like the Inklings, or Dixie Kong, or Isaac....well, I figured some characters should be left for Smash 5. But as with all speculations, we can never really know for sure, and mine is part wish-list.

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
It looks great! I don't agree with all of it but y'know it's your opinion so it's cool. It's always cool to see what other people think on these things.

Of course I want Daisy in, I know you from the Daisy board after all. I actually could definitely see her happening as well. I mean, it's not a guarantee, I'm not relying on it happening but I think it could.

I haven't completely discounted K. Rool either after the costume. I think he could still totally happen, but I personally feel like Dixie has a better chance than him now. (I'd also rather Dixie, again that's just me.) She's also really quite popular, and there were a lot more girls added to this game. (Not that that matters much now in regards to DLC...)

Bandana Dee is cool, I'd be happy with him and I think it could happen as well.

As for Rayman I still don't fully get why people think he'll be in. I honestly just don't think it's going to happen, but I'm also probably a little biased because I just don't want Rayman. I don't really like him at all.

Banjo & Kazooie I'm like... No I don't see it happening ever but hey it'd be a nice surprise if it did. I think that would be pretty cool!

Lastly Id like to think we'd get Krystal over wolf (just for the sake of newcomers instead of veterans) but I don't have a strong opinion about whether either one will actually make it into the game. If we do get ANOTHER veteran from the ballot (I hope not, I'd like to see cool first party newcomers) I'd rather it be Ice Climbers (I know, technical difficulties) or Ivysaur/squirtle. Yknow what I'd also be okay with Pichu. He'd annoy a bunch of people but I could have a lot of fun playing around with him and just generally being silly.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Needs Snake.

I would also argue Blastoise but I understand how unlikely it is.

Also get Daisy out of their. She is not worthy of being anything more than a Peach alt. Paper Mario would be a lot better.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
All I hope is that Daisy is announced as DLC and all the naysayers will be left face like poker face. ;)
And speaking of clones, we do with Lucina, Dark Pit and Dr. Mario?

#DAISYFORSMASH

SpiritofSpeed

Smash Cadet
Daisy, K Rool, Wolf and Rayman definitely on my list, BD and BK could be promising too.

I do hope they re-arrange the CSS franchises in an update soon, my OCD needs it.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The roster would be a whole lot better with just Wolf added...but the lack of Snake is quite disturbing.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
The roster would be a whole lot better with just Wolf added...but the lack of Snake is quite disturbing.
Ehhhhh....Snake doesn't deserve to come back after KONAMI completely snubbed Nintendo.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
I'm now expecting the CSS to have the DLC arrow the Stage Select Screen has.

The CSS would be set to its non-DLC roster but with the arrow. The arrow takes you to the DLC characters.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Ehhhhh....Snake doesn't deserve to come back after KONAMI completely snubbed Nintendo.
I think the bigger thing is Konami snubbed Kojima as well. Seeing that Sakurai only put Snake in as a favor to his friend Kojima, I see no reason why he'd bring him back taking all the current events into account.

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
Rayman, Banjo and Daisy aren't happening.
Wolf is very likely.
K Rool is up for debate.
Bandana Dee is a 50/50.

D

Deleted member

Rayman, Banjo and Daisy aren't happening.
Wolf is very likely.
K Rool is up for debate.
Bandana Dee is a 50/50.
Well, there you have it everyone. Thank you for letting us know, Sakurai.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Well, there you have it everyone. Thank you for letting us know, Sakurai.
Wow, a Mewtwo would thank someone?

Lastly Id like to think we'd get Krystal over wolf (just for the sake of newcomers instead of veterans) but I don't have a strong opinion about whether either one will actually make it into the game. If we do get ANOTHER veteran from the ballot (I hope not, I'd like to see cool first party newcomers) I'd rather it be Ice Climbers (I know, technical difficulties) or Ivysaur/squirtle. Yknow what I'd also be okay with Pichu. He'd annoy a bunch of people but I could have a lot of fun playing around with him and just generally being silly.
"I want newcomers"
"Veterans that is not Wolf is OK tho"

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
Wow, a Mewtwo would thank someone?

"I want newcomers"
"Veterans that is not Wolf is OK tho"
Uhm sorry, I think you might have misunderstood me. I still meant I'd rather a newcomer over any veterans. I was just listing the veterans I'd like to return in the case that a veteran actually did. Wolf is fine with me he's just not my favourite veteran is all. I'd still much rather a newcomer over any veteran. If that makes sense?

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I think DLC will mostly be vets plus the smash poll character.

If they add more third parties I think they'll be from Namco & Sega.

FrankTheStud

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FrankDaStud
Looks great! To me, I'd rather have Ice Climbers back instead of Rayman, but to each his own!!

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
3DS Roster.png

I liked that layout so much, I made my own. But with my wanted chars.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
If there'll be 6 more DLC fighters...
it MIGHT go like this:

3DS:
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::rosalina::4bowserjr::4wario::4dk::4diddy:
:4gaw::4littlemac::4duckhunt::4rob::4falcon::4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink:
:4samus::4zss::4pit::4palutena::4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight:
:4fox::4falco::4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4greninja::4ness::4villager::4olimar:
:4wiifit::4shulk::4drmario::4darkpit::4lucina::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic::4ryu::GCN:
:4mewtwo::4feroy::4lucas::GCN::GCN::GCN::GCN::GCN::4mii::GCRT:

Wii U
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::rosalina::4bowserjr::4wario::4dk::4diddy::4gaw::4littlemac::4duckhunt::4rob::4falcon:
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink::4samus::4zss::4pit::4palutena::4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight:
:4fox::4falco::4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4greninja::4ness::4villager::4olimar::4wiifit::4shulk::4drmario::4darkpit::4lucina:
:4pacman::4megaman::4sonic::4ryu::GCN::4mewtwo::4feroy::4lucas::GCN::GCN::GCN::GCN::GCN::4mii::GCRT:

:GCN: = TBD
:GCRT: = Random

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Needs Snake.

I would also argue Blastoise but I understand how unlikely it is.

Also get Daisy out of their. She is not worthy of being anything more than a Peach alt. Paper Mario would be a lot better.
Paper Mario is literally Mario. But that doesn't mean he can't be different. Everyone can be different, including Daisy.

Top Bottom