• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what should I do?

Levitas

the moon
Currently I don't bstick. It's more useful imo due to the fact that PK fire is only effective when the opponent decides to stay within its range. You can still retreating pk fire well w/o the bstick, and that's more important than advancing with it.

Veng

Smash Ace
ah u dont b stick anymore either? I think when I b stick i rely on it as an attack rather then spacing to much.

Im just gonna try and do it without b sticking.

Levitas

the moon
Don't get me wrong, it's still a legit option. proAPC still does it for example.

I just don't think that it suits lucas that well in the current level of competitive play.

[ignore="bowyer is really drunk"]

Veng

Smash Ace
Lol bowyer.

Who is the best Lucas anyways? I need to watch some videos of some pros, o.o

more then likely he typed like that on purpose, or is he drunk o.o.

btw do you do the weeklys with anther? at ann arbor? dude tell him veng says hi.

Levitas

the moon
I'll tell him tomorrow. And bowyer is drunk. I know this for a fact.

And the best lucas is up for grabs. Noraa would want to be mentioned, so I'll do that.

Basically, nobody is really noteworthy right now.

Veng

Smash Ace
Arent you, one of the best Lucas's? so dont get me wrong but your saying that there really isnt any good Lucas's right now?

also yea I think i would do much betterwithout b sticking.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Lol bowyer.

more then likely he typed like that on purpose, or is he drunk o.o.
lol, I' e neeer been this drunk before. lIKE at the befining I cared and watched waht i TYPEd but now I don't really care about spell chacek and **** and I have freinds sleeping downstairs and I'm way drunk...

Irsic

Smash Ace
Currently..I bstick. I'm rather used to it. I'm slowly...(read: slowlyLOL) learning how to use Lucas without the bstick, but it's going to take some getting used to. I'm not sure I'm even used to the speed difference in smash attacks, but I'll have to see if I can change my game for the better. Being that I mostly play online bsticking is rather more necessary than not because trying to accomplish all the right techs is a lot harder with lag. :[

xoxokev

Smash Lord
IMO, b-sticking is not worth sacrificing the option of performing smash attacks with a quick flick of the thumb

default controls ftw! besides... who wants to play with a tag anyway

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I don't use B-sticking because I prefer having more control over my aerials. I think being able to control retreating Fairs and Bairs is a hell of a lot more important than being able to wavebounce. And there are plenty of ways to use PK Fire not involving B-sticking which will get you a lot further. Yeah plus being able to Fsmash without risking tripping is nice.

Dxt XXII

Smash Journeyman
^Just maybe...

I just use pkf for defence and spacing, so retreating pkf is what I do. Like Tyr said, with c stick you also have better control over your aerials.

Best Lucas? Theres no "best" atm, but you should check out galeon

theUndead_feature

Smash Cadet
I b-stick, but I also rely A LOT on the PSI Magnet. It's one of my main things, which I think makes my playing style different than the other Lucas' out there.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I don't bstick currently, but want to learn how. It's just that every time I try I always forget that I don't have quick smashes anymore, which results in oddly timed PK Fires, Thunders, and Magnets. <_<

It's a process.

EDIT: This is madness! THIS IS SPARTA! 300th post ftw. ^_^

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
I don't bstick currently, but want to learn how. It's just that every time I try I always forget that I don't have quick smashes anymore, which results in oddly timed PK Fires, Thunders, and Magnets. <_<

It's a process.

EDIT: This is madness! THIS IS SPARTA! 300th post ftw. ^_^
Play with Bsticking long enough and that'll stop happening.

When making any major or even moderate change in your game, you're going to suck at whatever it is you're trying change

Personally, I B-Stick. I do feel that more aerial control is afforded by C-Sticking, but I've been B-Sticking for so long I'd practically cripple myself if I changed at this point.

Top Bottom