• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What language will Snake speak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galvanic

Smash Journeyman
I don't know anything about Snake whatsoever outside of Brawl and some video from a recent game where he was old and contemplating suicide, so bear with me, now.

In the E3 Brawl trailer he spoke I think Japanese, as he did in the video I saw. But on videos from the DOJO! he spoke English.

How will he speak in Brawl? I think it'll depend on the country and that he'll be English-Speaking here in the USA.

Just a thought...

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
he'll speak in English if your in America/Canada/UK, he'll speak Japenese in Japen, Fracais in France or n00bese if your a n00b xD

btw: 2000 POSTS FTW!!!!

ComradeCanada

Smash Journeyman
^WHAAAAT?! No, he ran away to Alaska after the events of Metal Gear 2....
I could've sworn I read that he was raised in Texas.....
But I'm almost certain it was not Alaska. You're gonna make me fire up the MSX again, aren't you?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
well I never really played the original metal gear that was released on NES so.. I really don't know, I just played Metal Gear Solid and I based it of that, but out of curiousity I went to Wikipedia and under his Nationality it indeed said American, but it just doesn't say from what state

Wolffe

Smash Cadet
English in English version, Japanese in Japanese version. Same as the MGS games, and every other game ever... common sense really!

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
The real question is what language Ike speaks, and what language Marth will if he returns.
Ike will speak english, like he did in Fire Emblem, path of Raidiance.

English in English version, Japanese in Japanese version. Same as the MGS games, and every other game ever... common sense really!
I'd like to say that's true, but some Japanese versions of games have English voices, like Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix+.

RyuDragonKing

Smash Journeyman
well I never really played the original metal gear that was released on NES so.. I really don't know, I just played Metal Gear Solid and I based it of that, but out of curiousity I went to Wikipedia and under his Nationality it indeed said American, but it just doesn't say from what state
In the original, it says he was born in Texas :/

Glinth

Smash Journeyman
Grunts and moans are different in Japan/Germany/wherever?
He'll just go Hoo-hah-hoo when he's fighting, and the
languages will obviously change in the communications...

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Depends where you are
USA/Canada/England/Australia/New Zealand/Other English speaking countries - English
Japan - Japanese
France - French
Germany - German

etc. etc.

However if you are a wapanese and can't tell that David Hayter is much MUCH better than Snake's Japanese VA than you can swap your language around to Japanese.

The real question is what language Ike speaks, and what language Marth will if he returns.
English for both, Ike speaks English in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn and Marth will speak English in his upcoming DS game.

But Marth hasn't appeared in America yet, so it wouldn't make since for him to speak English.
That is horrendous logic. Also Marth has appeared in English speaking countries Melee anyone? Plus his third game will be released worldwide (just so you know that means more countries than just America and Japan)

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
That is horrendous logic.
How so? It worked for Melee.
Also Marth has appeared in English speaking countries Melee anyone?
Where he spoke Japanish...
Besides, I was quite clearly referring to actual FE games, not Smash.
Plus his third game will be released worldwide (just so you know that means more countries than just America and Japan)
I was unaware of this, but upon research, this game was only announced recently and does not yet have a release date. It's likely that it won't come out before Brawl, so he still won't have appeared in America (in a FE game, stupid).
Besides, where was it announced that it'll be released worldwide? It probably will, but I've seen no real confirmation. Pics or it didn't happen.

Really, I hope Marth doesn't speak English. After finding out what he's saying, I think it'd be really annoying to actually understand it.
Other Japan-only (IN THEIR OWN GAMES) characters should also speak Japanese, for logic and consistency. The same goes for other country-specific characters (I think there are a few...).

xianfeng

Smash Hero
How so? It worked for Melee.
Melee was a rushed game, everybody knows that.

Where he spoke Japanish...
Japanish?

Besides, I was quite clearly referring to actual FE games, not Smash.
I realise this but you still have to be more specific.

I was unaware of this, but upon research, this game was only announced recently and does not yet have a release date. It's likely that it won't come out before Brawl, so he still won't have appeared in America (in a FE game, stupid).
WHO GIVES A **** ABOUT AMERICA, YOU AREN'T THE ONLY ****ING COUNTRY ASIDE FROM JAPAN. Anyway. His game will still be coming out WORLDWIDE (not just America) and it's in production so it wouldn't exactly be hard to just do the Voice Acting now and plus he is a character that is now recognised globally so it wouldn't make sense for him to speak in a foreign langauge. Plus the FE series is based of Medieval Europe so it would make more sense for him to speak a European language than it would Japanese, you know for consistancy.

Besides, where was it announced that it'll be released worldwide? It probably will, but I've seen no real confirmation. Pics or it didn't happen.
Do you assume this for every single game ever created? If you do than that is just ****ed. I use something called Common Sense when it comes to this, now that FE is an international series of course it will be coming out worldwide.
Other Japan-only (IN THEIR OWN GAMES) characters should also speak Japanese, for logic and consistency. The same goes for other country-specific characters (I think there are a few...).
Lucas should and probably will speak English in the English version. The average fan doesn't give a **** about consistancy and I still don't see the logic in having a character speak a foreign language in an English game, it's just stupid and wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom