• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is this 35 character leak that everyone is talking about

elee88

Smash Cadet
I've been trying to find a link for hours now and I can't find it. Could someone give me a link please?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I've been looking for some sort of link to a site too. :( I saw a picture of the roster but I do want to see where it came from.

But to be honest the 35 character roster looks like alot of nonsense (and yes I know that's what alot of people said about melee's roster but the 35 roster is too full of nonsense to ever be true)

elee88

Smash Cadet
could you send me the picture? I have a feeling that it's wrong, but i want to check it out anyways...

sir bert leaman

Smash Rookie
what's with all the hat-eating going on around here?
Hats are high in fiber!

Seriously though, there isn't really a link to anything but conjectures made by a member of this forum and some Neogaf'ers giving it a thumbs up. The image was a mock-up and thus far no solid proof has come out other than the supposed starting roster image- and all it does is make 35 seem like a resonable number of roster spots based on char select icon size.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Go check the last post in ChronoBound's thread.

There is the list of the 35 characters, but it's quite dissapointing IMO.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
It's quite obviously fake, I don't see why people are clinging to it or getting so worked up about it.
IMO, because most of those prophets were right in their previous "prophecies".

I hope you're right though, 35 is ok, but most of people expected around the 40 characters. And with better characters.

elee88

Smash Cadet
cool thanks. so why are people so uptight about this leak? there were like collaborations of other people complaining about it.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Its all the characters we have, plus all the characters we know will return plus all the characters that have been leaked........ plus Toon link and Rob

ROFL

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Its all the characters we have, plus all the characters we know will return plus all the characters that have been leaked........ plus Toon link and Rob

ROFL
And Sakurai will put in ROB, but not Geno, K. Rool, Ridley, Krystal, Claus, or another 3rd party? F to the A to the K to the E.

Gigan X3

Smash Apprentice
DeuceBlade said:
I could see ROB getting in before Geno... idk about you though.
But I thought he was a common SSE Enemy and If you mean the one from SF, He can barely walk!:laugh:

To put that sucker before Wolf or Krystal is a big Mistake.

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
For once I can agree with you cats; I bet dollars to desu this is completely fake.
Besides folks, the end of the month isn't that bloody far away, just hold out until then and we'll get good scoop from our friends across the pond.

sir bert leaman

Smash Rookie
Nah, R.O.B. is a big part of SSE... I mean, he is the AM, after all.... (I am both joking and serious about that)

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
A large, dark stormy castle with lots of bats.
And Sakurai will put in ROB, but not Geno, K. Rool, Ridley, Krystal, Claus, or another 3rd party? F to the A to the K to the E.
My God, Commander Blitzkrieg somewhat defending GENO?!

This "leak" truly has become a war upon the sensibilities of Brawl fans, hasn't it?

Well, the way I look at it, there are a few possibilities that prove this roster false:

1. If this is indeed the R.O.B from Star Fox, the roster clearly contradicts the Icon theory (Remember, there's still two missing icons, and this isn't even counting any that may be added. Also: The ones with no playable character attached are near the bottom of the list), and therefore is false. Besides, like someone once said, there's WTF characters (G&W had a LOT of games he could pull move from, after all), and there's impossible characters. Both the R.O.Bs fall into the latter category. And wasn't the NES R.O.B deconfirmed with the Coin Launcher update?

2. Look at it! If this roster's real, then what was the POINT of Sakurai even having a journal in the first place if all he was gonna do is say "Nope, I'm putting in R.O.B, lulz." And wasn't there reports of folks working on Brawl going onto popular forums to scope out who the fanbase wanted?

3. Even for a 35 character roster, this is amazingly bland. And both Falco AND Wolf (and possibly R.O.B) with no Krystal in sight? And Metroid, after all this time still being left with only one character while the Mother series gets TWO? (Not that I'm against two Mother characters *I'd sell my left leg for Claus to be in the game*, but Metroid definitely deserves two first) Nah, nah, that doesn't add up at all.

Besides, there's still no concrete proof this is even real at all. So someone who's not a complete nobody comes up and announces a roster. How does that suddenly make this "leak" more valid?

Yeah, yeah, I know about Melee's Roster oddities. Hey, at least Melee's was somewhat believable. Peach, Bowser, Mewtwo, Falco, Marth, Ganondorf, and Zelda were all more-or-less expected. Sheik was a little bit surprising, but nothing too off-the-wall. Dr. Mario, Roy and Pichu were questionable, and G&W was just...WTF?!, but it's really quite reasonable compared to this, especially given that this game has been in development for a LOT longer than Melee. Plus, Famitsu said they were astounded at the game's content. Think about it: Why would Sakurai give us a whole lot of options and modes that nobody even asked for in the first place (Stage Builder, Co-op Target Test, and Coin Launcher come to mind) and then horribly shortchange the fans as far as characters, like the extra modes somehow make up for that?

This whole "leak" thing is just a bit too fishy for my tastes, regardless of how reputable the claimer is.

HOLD IT!

One more point....

I remember the good ol' days at the release of Pokemon Diamond...remember what happened on April Fool's Day when Serebii *correctly* leaked the English names of the new Pokemon? Remember how much he was risking getting his *** sued for it?

Now tell me how this situation would be ANY different for someone leaking the far more controversial Brawl roster, and so loosely at that. Especially one that would cause this huge of a ruckus amongst the fans. Sakurai HAS to know this list will piss a LOT of people off, and possibly lose Nintendo money from the more ardent supporters.

So yeah, I'm calling shenanigans. Unless Murphy's Law gets the best of me.

Top Bottom