• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what is going on? platform egg question

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
So i'd finally gotten to the point that i dont kill myself doing eggings..but i never could get the egg to come out so i didn't go too high once in a while..

however, then i switched to using the cstick..and i found the timing was a lot easeir...so i want to learn this way

but unfortunately..i keep seeing this weird thing where i just bair to my death. Why is this happening..when i try to figure it out i try holding the cstick back..and it appears that pushing the cstick away shouldn't cause you to aerial unless it activates twice..but i thought i was being careful

any guesses as to what's happening?

wuthefwasthat

Smash Ace
hmm... i believe you mean the egg-throwing off the edge? not platform?

i suggest you just flick the c-stick, especially since you have to hit B anyways.

maybe if you hold the stick too long it will automatically do an aerial?

but... i dont really like c-sticking for that. analog down, analog up, b works for me... not that its necessarily a good way to do it though...

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
ya i meant ledge cancelled eggs..

however, i don't like to use down to let go of edge cause you can fastfall to death.

However, i still don't know why the C-stick is doing an aerial..holding the cstick longer doesn't seem to do an aerial..yet it keeps happening when i try to egg toss

CATS

Smash Journeyman
If you use down to let go of the edge, and jump quick enough, the fast fall is moot anyway. Learn the timing, and fast falling isn't a problem anymore. Personally, if I want to let go without fast falling I just press backwards on the joystick, but I prefer down - Y - upB for an edge egg.

~ Bringer

technomancer

Smash Champion
The C-stick has a fairly precise sensor, as shown by the ability to do one smash w/ Nana while Popo just stands there without desynching. Odds are you're doing it too slowly and barely clipping the sensor, and then it re-clips the sensor for the next frame causing the C-stick to buffer the b-air.

Hal-Yur-Azn-Pal

Smash Apprentice
Your c-stick is probably sticky (as in stuck holding a direction). If you think it's making you do attacks without you wanting to, then just reset you controller by pressing X+Y+Start for two or threee seconds. Then yeah, see if it keeps doing bairs.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
This happens to me when I'm edge-hopping Samus' uncharged blast, probably because I do it the same way as you: away on the c-stick, up on the control stick, and then the B button. I'm not sure what causes it, but it seems to happen more often when I'm not controlling my inputs as well, like if I hit away on the c-stick, then up on the control stick before I release the c-stick. Not sure, but it's a pain in the *** when it happens..

Top Bottom