• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What general video game crossovers would you like to see?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Just in general with video games; which crossovers would you like to see? (barring Smash)

For me. a crossover idea I just made a thread about recently:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Banjo/crash & fire emblem/zelda seem like cool ideas to me. Xenoblade Warriors is still surprising to have not seen happen yet.

For ones that happened but deserved better a mario/sonic & crash/spyro platformer would be great to see

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
I'm not sure if this counts as an outright crossover, but I personally think a Musou Final Fantasy Warriors has the potential to be incredibly fun!... on the condition that there's plenty of side characters and outright weird picks.

Like, it'd be easy to go the Dissidia route and only include main protagonists and antagonists, but I'd personally love to see other interesting picks like Gilgamesh or a variant of Terra as a pilot of Magitek armour (like how she appeared in the very beginning of Final Fantasy VI) an entire classic party in one character slot consisting of a White Mage, Black Mage, Warrior and Thief, or even some "normal" characters or enemies like a Cactuar, a Moogle, and a Chocobo.

Last edited:
I know this idea seems very kinda controversial, but I had to let it out from my brain...

I think Darkstalkers and Mortal Kombat would make sense as fighting game crossover since both Darkstalkers & MK have creepy stuff in it (like in DS the characters were based on monsters and it had some gore while MK has gore & had horror guests in Mortal Kombat (2011) which "monsters + gore" mix sounds great to me).

Also who wouldn't wanna see Sub-Zero slaying down a succubus while doing the fatality move or Shao Kahn/General Shao mauling Pyron to death?

(I know this crossover has some downsides, but I don't think it would matter since only things matters in this crossover that it makes sense)

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
I'm not sure if this counts as an outright crossover, but I personally think a Musou Final Fantasy Warriors has the potential to be incredibly fun!... on the condition that there's plenty of side characters and outright weird picks.

Like, it'd be easy to go the Dissidia route and only include main protagonists and antagonists, but I'd personally love to see other interesting picks like Gilgamesh or a variant of Terra as a pilot of Magitek armour (like how she appeared in the very beginning of Final Fantasy VI) an entire classic party in one character slot consisting of a White Mage, Black Mage, Warrior and Thief, or even some "normal" characters or enemies like a Cactuar, a Moogle, and a Chocobo.
Kind of crazy neither of those ideas have happened since Koei Tecmo helped develop Dissidia NT & Strangers of Paradise at least. Just seems like obvious/cool idea especially if theyve already worked together although i havent played either of those games & maybe they are closer to a FF Warriors than i think.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I want to have a official Zelda Mash up Pack for Minecraft!

Also not really a crossover but i love the toybox from disney infinity and would wish for a spiritual sucsesor to it!

SONY/Playstation VS Capcom is just the idea that isn't requested too much, but it would be great due to lots of playstation IPs to pick as fighters. We could also add giant fighters if we could, since there are characters from sony franchises that are giant like Colossus (Shadow of colossus) or mega Knack.

Also there is a potential for story where Sigma and Polygon man team up to challenge various fighters from various PS/Capcom characters to fight them.

Also who wouldn't wanna see Kratos fighting with Dante or Astro Bot fighting with Captain Commando?

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Mario and Sonic,no i'm not talking about the olympic games

A Mario and Sonic crossover is the most wished for a lot of people,but the crossover game is a platform game who mix both Mario and Sonic elements.

And talking about Sonic,there is one more crossover that will be cool

Sonic and Mega Man X,this will be a awesome crossover,it will be cool Sonic with X and Zero fighting against Dr. Eggman and Sigma

D

Deleted member

It would be nice to see Sonic and Mario in a setting that isn't in Smash or the Olympics, but Sonic's high-speed and Mario's simple platforming are too drastically different.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Maybe Zelda and Isaac? I mean i dont know how isaacs dark themes would be handeld but both take place in the same kind of dungeon!
Maybe all blue zelda enemys would look like ??? !

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Koei Tecmo doing a Mega Man Warriors game with elements from all the various sub franchises would be amazing, and it's a shame there's so much animosity between the former and Capcom that its likely not going to happen.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
One of these isn't a Video game franchise but I want to see Metroid crossover with Doctor Who.

Why?

Because I think Samus fighting a bunch of Daleks would be really awesome.

(Also I think Samus would be a good gateway to explore the world of Doctor Who in a more action environment when the protagonist in question is more of a pacifist)

BritishGuy54

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo VS. Capcom sounds neat. A more traditional fighting game featuring Nintendo All-Stars sounds nice.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Kingdom hearts sequel with other Disney and square-Enix franchises that has yet to appear
There is a lot that’s hasn’t been explored yet like Marvel, Star Wars, Club Penguin, Toontown, Dragon Quest, Taito

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
The Binding of Isaac and Zelda!
Just have the plot be set early than TBOI
And have it be Isaac playing zelda!
Characters would be isaac disguised as multiple Zelda Antagonists, Past Isaac (happy and with clothes) And Normal Isaac aswell as link and other Real zelda Characters!
I mean Half of isaac is zelda 1 anyways! So how about the crybaby crys on some pigs!

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
I'd love to see some interesting NEOGEO-era guest pulls for the next The King of Fighters. After all, Maximum Impact: Regulation A included Makoto Mizoguchi from Data East's Fighter's History series, and I think similar guests in that vein could be a lot of fun!

If I needed to pick specifics - I'd probably propose Tesse (robotic maid inspired by Astro Boy) from Waku Waku 7, Otane Goketsuji (elderly twin sister of the main antagonist) from the Power Instinct series, and probably also Ryoko (a young judoka) from Fighter's History and, for the fun of it, literally anyone from Windjammers (because it'd be so fun to translate their gameplay into a more traditional fighter.)

Kold Pizza

Smash Apprentice
I want a Mario, Donkey Kong, and Halo crossover! I want to see the Mario and Donkey Kong characters interact with the characters from Master Chief’s world! I want to see Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong, and Diddy Kong trying on the Mjolnir armor that’s been worn by superhuman Spartans! I want to see King K. Rool and Bowser interacting with the Covenant! I want see Cranky Kong giving his input at the command center, arguing with militants in a manner that would remind you of a grumpy older relative at the Thanksgiving table!

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
Unironically, I feel Sonic and Minions could be a fun idea if done right. More so after Mario+Rabbids turned out to be quite cool.

A game where Sonic and friends join forces with Gru and the Despicable Me cast to stop Vector and Eggman from taking over the moon, to put a random example of one plot possibility.

GordonZavala

Smash Rookie
It's awesome to brainstorm potential video game crossovers. Your idea of Paper Mario crossing over with Fire Emblem sounds intriguing! Exploring how these two different worlds and gameplay styles could intertwine could lead to some exciting possibilities. Personally, I've always wondered about a collaboration between the Pokémon universe and the world of Final Fantasy.
Speaking of gaming adventures, if you're into Wild Rift, boosteria.org offers top-notch boosting services to help you elevate your gameplay and climb the ranks. It's a fantastic way to enhance your skills and experience even more thrilling matches.

Last edited:
Top Bottom