• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you think happened to Ness, Falcon, and Jigglypuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirFair

Marth tho
Since those 3 characters were part of the original 12 of Smash 64, and they have been in both melee and brawl, do you think that they haven't been revealed because they were cut? or was it because they are secret characters yet again?

I'm hoping it's the latter. I always play Ness in Smash for fun.

Oh and just a question, If this something that I can ask about both versions of the game, can I put this in the 3DS section as well? just wanted to know beforehand

Last edited:
They're either being saved for a later date, or most likely, secret characters. They have been secret more often then not.

A better question is where are Wario, Meta Knight, and Ice Climbers?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Probably chilling with the other unconfirmed returning veterans at the SSB4 lounge watching sports and what not.

It is not like they are going anywhere.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm confident that Ness and Captain Falcon would return; why would Sakurai cut them? I'm just more confused as to why characters like Wario and Meta Knight haven't been shown yet.

AirFair

Marth tho
They're either being saved for a later date, or most likely, secret characters. They have been secret more often then not.

A better question is where are Wario, Meta Knight, and Ice Climbers?
That's a good question as well. I heard somewhere that Meta Knight is out, but I may be wrong. As for the others, maybe they are hidden too.

woah as I was posting that reply I got 2 posts on the thread wow thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
What happen too them?

Nothing they are ready too jump whenever sakurai saids you guys can be revealed now.

(Or by a random leaker.)

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
They're either To Be Announced, or unlockable.
Come on people! There's no doubt these characters are gonna be in the game! I'm tired of hearing "I don't care about (insert newly revealed character), where's Captain Falcon/Ness." They're in the freaking game people!
The only one that's not so guaranteed is Ice Climbers since Sakurai said when the game was announced that they were having trouble with IC in the 3DS version. I'm sure they've figured it out by now though.

AirFair

Marth tho
Lol I haven't played Brawl in awhile that's right
If I were to present a counterarguement to that ( not saying I want these characters cut ) I would say that in the description of the event it says "... They've appeared in every smash game to date!"
note the underlined.

But If I can say one thing, Luigi is already confirmed for Smash 4 so maybe the other 3 are still in too. It's still a speculation

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They've been cut because they are irrelevant

pickle962

Smash Lord
They have learned the art of hiding in a van somewhere eating peanut butter crackers from Elvis and Michael Jackson

AirFair

Marth tho
They've been cut because they are irrelevant
hey hey hey if they were so irrelevant, then why was Ness (using as an example) in Brawl when Earthbound is super old and hasn't even had a sequel in years? it's because they were there from the start so there's a chance that they are in Smash 4 too. I just wanted to ask the community if they felt the same way.

Not saying that you are flat out wrong tho, you could be right.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
hey hey hey if they were so irrelevant, then why was Ness (using as an example) in Brawl when Earthbound is super old and hasn't even had a sequel in years? it's because they were there from the start so there's a chance that they are in Smash 4 too. I just wanted to ask the community if they felt the same way.

They were easing us in for his cut by adding Lucas

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

He was kidding, he tends to be sarcastic every once in a while...

Err... I mean, he's completely right, no doubt about it. :troll:

Last edited:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Oh and just a question, If this something that I can ask about both versions of the game, can I put this in the 3DS section as well? just wanted to know beforehand
Character specific threads like these are better suited for the Character Discussion boards. The 3DS sub-forum is specifically for 3DS-related topics.

I'm moving this thread as we speak. Welcome to Smashboards btw! :)

AirFair

Marth tho
They're in the game. They will never be removed. We can move on to the next topic now.
umm.... ok then.

Character specific threads like these are better suited for the Character Discussion boards. The 3DS sub-forum is specifically for 3DS-related topics.

I'm moving this thread as we speak. Welcome to Smashboards btw! :)
Thanks alot :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
C. Falcon and Ness should be starters and I expect them to be revealed in the next 2 months before release(and maybe Wario and IC too). After all, they are the only representatives of their franchises (assuming Lucas was cut and there are no new newcomers fro Earthbound and F-Zero).
Jigglypuff is a sure secret like every time she is. But I still think if they wanted to cut even more characters, Jigglypuff is high on that list, despite everyone counting on her return because "original 12" shenanigans.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
C. Falcon and Ness should be starters and I expect them to be revealed in the next 2 months before release(and maybe Wario and IC too). After all, they are the only representatives of their franchises (assuming Lucas was cut and there are no new newcomers fro Earthbound and F-Zero).
Jigglypuff is a sure secret like every time she is. But I still think if they wanted to cut even more characters, Jigglypuff is high on that list, despite everyone counting on her return because "original 12" shenanigans.
It'd be so weird to only have 11 of the original 12...

AirFair

Marth tho
Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if they release info like that, considering the constant new things sakurai puts out all the time (pics of the day and stuff like that)

It'd be so weird to only have 11 of the original 12...
I agree

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
*Takes cigarette out of mouth* So we got ourselves a rookie. Not to long ago I was like you.
Just helpful advice, these kind of topics should be on the character discussion thread, or the moderators will be on you in no time ;). Back on track, I believe they ate back, but really, I have no idea why people think unlockable character won't be revealed before release, I mean, do you really think pac-man will be a starter character? Nope. But anyway rookie, keep up the good thread topics :D

Also, Ness was going to actually going to be cut in Melee in favor of Lucas, but Lucas's game was delayed, so he decided to keep Ness, so honestly back then, the original 12 excuse was invalid. :denzel: Phweew that was close!

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I know you mean well, but all veterans have been speculated in their respective threads until they appear. Plenty of discussion for Ness, Jigglypuff, and Captain Falcon is already underway. If we have a new topic that tries to include where the remaining veterans are after every reveal, we'll get more of the same discussion when it's already being discussed somewhere else.

If you want a "catch all", the Character Discussion thread is good, too!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom