• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What character would help sell the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Perhaps ironically the ones who will be selling this game to newcomers are the same ones that have in the past: Mario vs. Sonic is still appealing, the Mario and Pokemon cast alone will probably be enough to entice new Smashers in with one's like Link and Kirby being the icing on the cake.
Agree with this. As far as the mainstream audience is concerned, they already will have enough characters to entice them to play Smash 4.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Talking about Smash fans, Ridley, Palutena, Little Mac, King K. Rool and Mewtwo.
Talking about casuals, Mewtwo.
So if Sakurai wants the game to sell a lot, he should put Mewtwo in the roster. Mewtwo is the best choice to help the game sell more. Other characters like Ridley and Little Mac would help too, but Mewtwo is the best choice.

That is, I dont think Smash needs help to sell. Even if Mewtwo is not playable, the game will sell a lot.

D

Deleted member

I think that every character can sell the game to some person. I bet that there are some Mother fans who bought Brawl because Lucas was in it or people bought Melee because they wanted to try out the Ice Climbers.

As I see it currently though, I can see SSB4 getting more sales if Little Mac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Palutena were in the game with other characters like Bandana Waddle Dee and Shulk also generate some hype.
However, I think THE character that would appeal to both casuals and the hardcore alike will be Mewtwo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom