• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Westchester Smash Fest

Mistah J

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone i am trying to peice together a smash tourny in scarsdale. I will be holding it at the hobby store i work for called the phoenix its a comic shop and we run lots of ccg tourneys but i wanted to start a smash fest and depending on the response i want to make it a biweekly or even weekly event. As of right now i am just feeling it out and seeing if anyone here would be interested as soon as i know that we will have a good turnout i can set a date and time so if your interested shoot me an e-mail at xmistahjx@gmail.com
and as for the info on the place and the tourney as of now

The Phoenix of Westchester
4 Grayrock Road
Scarsdale, Ny 10583

Prize will be according to turn out with probably a 30-15-5 split between the top 3 andif we can make this a weekly or biweekly tourney i will also try to work out extra prizes for those who win 3 tourneys in a row like maybe store credit for comics ontop of your winnings or something else depending

as far as rules go i was thinking a strait swiss style tourney 4 rounds best records go to semi and then finals. 4 stock with 8 minute limit and no items. but its not set in stone and if you wanted we could also try team tourneys

stages will be random between the neutral boards unless both you and your opponent agree on a different board

any other questions you can e-mail me at xmistahjx@gmail.com

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I'd probably come to these whenever I'm able to make it. Your rules seem a bit strange though. 3 stock 10 minutes? Why not the standard 4 stock 8 minutes that everyone in the rest of the world uses?

Mistah J

Smash Rookie
sorry bout that i had someone else typing for me while i was helping some customers i told him standard rules but he's a compleat ****** forgive the mix up it has been edited

phish-it

Smash Champion
I could probably show up to one of these, it seems like everyone is taking a chunk out of the pot these days eh?

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Alright, cool. Are MLG rules for sets going to be used? As in, counterpick stages, procedures for choosing characters, stage strike, etc.

Also, is this just a Smashfest with separate tourneys? Or is it all combined? You didn't make that very clear. What are the entry fees? I hope it's not $20. Tourneys around here are too expensive...

Mistah J

Smash Rookie
as of this point like i said nothing has been decided just trowing it out there to see the interest level. when we know that people want to attend we will get all of those details in order

Mistah J

Smash Rookie
well i have talked with the powers that be (the boss) and if i can get 40 people the winner takes a wii as for second and third place im not sure what he wants to do
so anyone else up for it??????

Bailey

Smash Hero
Sorry dude but the Wii thing isn't happening also I suggest having sorta a Venue fee so that all the money can go towards the pot.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Sorry dude but the Wii thing isn't happening also I suggest having sorta a Venue fee so that all the money can go towards the pot.
What are you talking about the Wii event isn't happening? Isn't this in a completely different place run by a completely different person?

Anyway, when you do come up with a date and time for this, try to post it at least 2 weeks in advance so people can take off work etc. (ie me)

Top Bottom