• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

weird grapple on Yoshi's

ECTO

Smash Rookie
I know if you grapple too close to the wall it just kind of fizzes out and you free fall. If we're pretty close when you started the grapple. That might be what happened, you were too close. That's my best guess.

Smash Journeyman
I don't think it was that (and btw it's not me in the video), the grapple should disappear if you grapple too close to the wall, but the animation clearly continued for quite a while. Samus should also become helpless if it happens, but I don't think she did.

Mervis

Smash Journeyman
It looked like it was an extender grab that chased marth even though extender isn't usable in the air. Randall was also right there so my guess would be either it was a weird extender glitch or a weird Randall interaction. Could be neither honestly.

Corigames

Smash Hero
You hit Randall's slot in such a way that it messed up the grapple. This can happen at any vertex where polygons connect:
On FD where the slope inclines harder
On BF where the spikes are
etc.

Normally when this happens the grapple just passes through the wall/stage, but I've seen it do this too.

Also, Marth had a 69%, so I don't know why this was unexpected.

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I was guessing it had something to do with the Randall slot, but that's really interesting! Thanks Corigames :)

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
You hit Randall's slot in such a way that it messed up the grapple. This can happen at any vertex where polygons connect:
On FD where the slope inclines harder
On BF where the spikes are
etc.

Normally when this happens the grapple just passes through the wall/stage, but I've seen it do this too.

Also, Marth had a 69%, so I don't know why this was unexpected.
THANKS CORI

Top Bottom