• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekend Watchlist Three: Nine Tournaments To Watch This Weekend

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Welcome to the third edition of Weekend Watchlist, the best way to find the most exciting tournaments to watch each weekend! We help fans satisfy that craving for Smash content by sifting through the tournaments and streams planned for each weekend and coming up with the best to tune into. Without further ado, here is the Weekend Watchlist!

Battle Arena Melbourne 7 (BAM7)

BAM7 will feature Melee and Smash 4 Wii U as main events with a Smash 64 side event. Over $10,000 was raised by Australian Smashers to invite international guests to the event in BAM7 tradition which include Mang0, Leffen, Chillindude, Lucky, alex19, HugS, S2J, and Wife! Not only are there international guests, but two of the best players in New Zealand are coming as well. Thanks to the BAM 7 New Zealand Qualifier the top placing player from the Wii U, and Melee brackets, Flatfeet and Mojo Monkey respectively, will be flown out to compete!

Check out the Australian Events Preview for streaming times and information about the event!

Shuffle VII Presented By ESI and MLG

Another edition of the highly successful Shuffle series, Shuffle VII will take place from May 23rd through 24th in Columbus, Ohio. Featuring names like Mew2King, Drephen, Hanky Panky and Prince Abu the tournament will feature Smash for Wii U, Project M, and Melee. The singles a doubles brackets for both Melee and Smash for Wii U will be presented on MLG's streaming platform MLG.TV with Project M stream being provided by Windy City Smash. All proceeds from the event and online viewing ad revenue will be donated to the charity Child's Play so be sure to tune in! For more information about the event check out its Smashboards thread.

JST 7

JST 7 looks to be the first 2-day tournament that has taken place in the Netherlands for many years. Taking place from May 23rd to May 24th, will feature single and doubles brackets for Smash Wii U and Melee, and a singles bracket for Project M. It will sport entrants from 9 countries spanning across 3 continents with many notable names in attendance:

Three Of Luxembourg's Finest: Trinity (:linkmelee:), Meo (:jigglypuffmelee:), Otek
Germany's Best: Ice (:foxmelee:/:sheikmelee:), SchlimmShady (:mariomelee:)
Netherlands Notables: Amsah (:sheikmelee:/:foxmelee:), Jeapie (:falconmelee:), Jim Morrison (:foxmelee:/:gawmelee:) Mr. R
United Kingdom Threats: Professor Pro (:foxmelee:), BrTarolg (:sheikmelee:) J. Miller

With such high level players, wonderful character variety, and multiple games to be played this is bound to be an excellent tournament to watch! Streams will be provided by Salty Playground and Good Games Well Played. For more information about this event check out its Smashboards thread.

NES4

JST 7 isn't the only happening event in Europe this weekend, there is also NES4! Taking place on May 24th this tournament will feature 48 entrants for both Melee and Project M and show off some of the finest players the United Kingdom has to offer.

Fuzzyness (:falconmelee:/:foxmelee:) The highest ranked UK player in attendance with Professor Pro at JST7, and the number one ranked Falcon in Europe, Fuzzyness looks like the likely contender to win the event. Holding a solid winning streak over all of the notable threats, it will be interesting to see if someone will cause an upset.

Jolteon (:sheikmelee:/:foxmelee:) Holding a current losing record against Fuzzyness but being a solid contender in the UK, Jolteon has a chance to break out of the losing record and take the win, but will it happen?

Alpha Dash (:icsmelee:/:falcomelee:) One of the best Ice Climbers in Europe, Alpha Dash has not come up against Fuzzyness in any brackets, but has a losing record against Willz. Could Alpha Dash make it past Willz and be the player set to make a big upset?

Captain Zeppo (:falconmelee:) Having taken a win off of Professor Pro in the past, this Scotish Captain Falcon main stands a solid chance to do well at this event.

JJLinyard (:foxmelee:) Having a losing record against Jolteon, JJLinyard has a wall to break through in order to place high, will the losing streak finally end?

Willz (:falconmelee:) Currently holding an even record vs Captain Zeppo and Jolteon and a winning record against Alpha Dash, Willz has an opportunity to work through bracket and place high, will this be Willz's day to shine?

The only way to see how it all plays out is to tune in! The stream will be provided by Underworld Asylum with the event beginning at noon and going until 10PM local time (7AM EST to 5PM EST). Tune in to watch these rivalries unfurl in Melee and Project M!

Smash In Marseille

Europe is simply buzzing with exciting events this weekend and France is a part of that fray! Smash in Marseille will take place from May 23rd to 24th at the Kedge Business School in Marseille, France. The game getting the love in Smash for Wii U which will have a singles, doubles, and event a 3v3 event!

The event will be streamed by SmashOnSud being commentated by Fauster, a popular French commentator. The schedule from the event is above. For more information check out it's Smashboards thread.

Final Destination V

For those with a serious craving for Project M and ONLY Project M Final Destination V is a great choice. It's a free to enter Smashfest taking place in Bloomfield, Michigan on May 23rd. The doubles bracket is set to take place from 2-3:30PM and singles from 4PM onward in local time. The stream will be provided by Battlefield Smash. For more information on the event check out its Smashboards thread.

Smash of Progress Weekly 2

Smash of Progress 2 presents a unique opportunity to start following the storylines of a brand new weekly near the start. Taking place in Enterprise, Alabama SoP2 is looking to bridge the gap between big events and a regularly scheduled tournament so local players can attend. Featuring Melee, Project M, and Smash Wii U the tournament will take place on May 23rd and will be streamed by Smash of Progress. For more information on the event check out its Smashboards thread.

Hitstun 2

Hitstun 2 is an exciting Smash 64 exclusive event taking place in Plano, Texas on May 23rd. The tournament will have both doubles and singles with doubles starting at 12PM and singles starting at 2:30PM. Hitstun 2 will be streamed by Tourney Locator. More information on the event is available in its Smashboards thread.

Combo Breaker

A powerhouse FGC event taking place in Chicago, Combo Breaker will be hosting 20 separate fighting games both new, retro, and even a famed "Myster Tournament". The Smash game on the main stage is Smash for Wii U with a $1000 pot bonus provided by Gaming Generations and Melee is an official side event. Streamed by VGBootCamp ,the event will features names like Zero, Kels, Dart, Frootloop, Duck, and KJH so it's not something to be missed! For more information on the event check out the Combo Breaker website.

---​

So choose a stream, maybe fire up multitwitch, and satisfy that need for Smash with the coolest events around! If there are events that should be featured in next week's Weekend Watchlist mention them in the comments below or Tweet them out to @ LiteralGrill LiteralGrill .

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So when does exactly the Combo breaker starts?

Sgt-Sol

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sol-Bird 64
3DS FC
2681-1465-2550
Only if i can go to shuffle i live in ohio but i have no ride :(

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Damn, Smash In Marseille, a 100+ man tournament in France featuring out of country competition didn't make the list? :(

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Damn, Smash In Marseille, a 100+ man tournament in France featuring out of country competition didn't make the list? :(
When I popped out to ask folks on Twitter/Reddit these ones got the mentions :(

I'm going to try to develop a system for getting tournament information better for features, but it helps if the TOs reach out. Don't be scared people, I don't bite and LOVE to cover events!

Last edited:

NinthWonder

Smash Apprentice
The P:M train doesn't just go away.

Excited for Shuffle. Lot of my Cincinnati and Columbus guys are going.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
For people interested in the Alabama smash scene I'd highly recommend HASL. We're hosting a tourney this Saturday. Very competitive. Plus our stream layout is top percentage.

www.twitch.tv/hsvasl
https://www.facebook.com/events/1591263597779371/

For Melee we have the great Moogle and j00t. For Smash 4 we got a lot of talent plus me ( The Diddy BrolyLegs slayed). Come check us out!

Last edited:

J.P

Smash Journeyman
NNID
3DS FC
2466-2692-8715
Who else is more hyped for Wife than for Mang0?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
windycitysmash is streaming melee and PM at shuffle. unless they just happened to forget to tell us that we weren't...just like combo breaker told us we were streaming and then suddenly it was announced that GIMR was streaming smash without telling us

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
When I popped out to ask folks on Twitter/Reddit these ones got the mentions :(

I'm going to try to develop a system for getting tournament information better for features, but it helps if the TOs reach out. Don't be scared people, I don't bite and LOVE to cover events!
I actually think they didn't advertise the event as much as they should have. I just happen to be in the country for the event which is why I know of it.

Here's what I do know about it:

Website of the event: http://smashinmarseille.wix.com/smashinmarseille

Stream:
http://www.twitch.tv/smashonsud/

Here's to hoping I'm good enough to rep the USA!

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
I'm surprised to see a smash 64 only tourney (and really excited). I'm definitely going to try to watch Hitstun.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
@ fromundaman fromundaman I think I'll step up and edit it into the article, it looks like an excellent event. Also this may be silly, but are you the same guy who used to play PSASBR under the same name? I recognize your name from when I ran tournaments.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
[quote"SmashCapps, post: 19251251, member: 216453"]@ fromundaman fromundaman I think I'll step up and edit it into the article, it looks like an excellent event. Also this may be silly, but are you the same guy who used to play PSASBR under the same name? I recognize your name from when I ran tournaments.[/quote]
Thank you very much!

Also yes that is in fact me. I'm afraid I don't recognize the name though.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Yo

Of course I do! How've you been? Great to see you involved in this community as well! Do you still host events as well?
I do still host events sometimes yeah, but I DO tend to write a bit more these days. Gonna get a local series up soon enough :)

Top Bottom