• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We need to improve Jigglypuff as a character!

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
Not really. If dthrow sent people slightly lower than it does now so that upair combos, does Rest necessarily also combo? No, and any increase in damage can only send them further. This would be a pretty good outcome since it would either be some small guaranteed damage or lead to an airdodge read into Rest, which is a perfectly acceptable mixup punish compared to the 50:50 kills some characters have.

If fthrow could combo into aerials it doesn't mean that you could move yourself into a Rest either; at most dangerous you could get fthrow to bair (which would be kickass) or maybe fthrow to fair to Rest at specific percents.

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
I think the reason why they don't give puff a combo throw, is because any throw she can do an aerial out of, would be a throw she can rest out of. Which sounds unfair.

And it probably is. I still read airdodges and catch people anyways so we good.
of course that's unfair, but yet ryu can have every possible shoryu combo... >.<

Managomous

Smash Cadet
NNID
RanmaTheAncient
But they're not from a grab, which, once you get grabbed itd be unavoidable.
But throw to rest is not a kill-move for the most part, on most of the cast at least. On top of which, it leaves Puff vulnerable, as most of Puff moves do.

And unavoidable? Does Mario not have a dthrow, to utilt, utilt, utilt, utilt, uair or possibly jump down+a mix-up?

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
But throw to rest is not a kill-move for the most part, on most of the cast at least. On top of which, it leaves Puff vulnerable, as most of Puff moves do.

And unavoidable? Does Mario not have a dthrow, to utilt, utilt, utilt, utilt, uair or possibly jump down+a mix-up?
But if throw to rest didn't work at kill %s, there would be NO way throw to aerial would. Ever. So it would be pointless to have it, since itd be a combo throw that only works at very low %s.

Also Mario's dthrow to uptilt strings is escapable, you can beat it with a frame 3 move.

Brellow

Smash Cadet
My biggest gripe with Jigglypuff, has to do with the fact that she really is not a forgiving character. You have to play extremely precise with her, or else be punished. Smash 4 as a whole feels as though it was not built for being this precise, considering a lot of characters can just throw out an attack, and if they miss, they are somewhat safe, compared to Jigglypuff.

If I had to recommend some possible changes it would be:
Get rid of the shield-breaking insta-death. It's "Unique" but now it's to the point where Marth and Lucina can use it pretty safely. And what's our biggest punish against that? I get a hit in? Considering Puff really does not have much combo potential, the only real "Punishment" would be a rest. But, good luck even getting in the spot considering the recovery time/ the fact the poke creates a distance.

I think Puff needs more combo potential, and I think this could be remedy'd by possibly giving her attack more of a reach or to increase the hitboxes a bit. But maybe that's just me.

Speed or ability to stay alive would be awesome. I feel as though her air game could be improved with a bit more speed considering we could transition a lot faster/begin creating new combos.

But that's just my insight. Puff right now is all based on reads/being absolutely accurate. In melee it almost seemed like you could get away with it since you had to be precise with other characters as well. In Smash 4, precision is not necessary for a lot of characters, but for Puff it is!
We can duck and punish Marth and Lucina's shield breaker.

MZG20

Smash Rookie
NNID
MZGamer20
Jiggs has a good combo which enters at nearly every %: soft nair to bair. If she hits with the back of her nair, the opponent enters in hitstun right at her back. If they DI upwards or far from Jiggs, she only has to double jump and ajust to the DI. Also, one of my better combos is fair to landing nair to dash attack. I always do that one in a match. I'll keep it up so I can become known in the Spanish Smash Bros Community (SmashBrosSpain) with only using Jiglypuff, and Marth to cover some matchups

PandaEffect

Smash Cadet
Jiggs has a good combo which enters at nearly every %: soft nair to bair. If she hits with the back of her nair, the opponent enters in hitstun right at her back. If they DI upwards or far from Jiggs, she only has to double jump and ajust to the DI. Also, one of my better combos is fair to landing nair to dash attack. I always do that one in a match. I'll keep it up so I can become known in the Spanish Smash Bros Community (SmashBrosSpain) with only using Jiglypuff, and Marth to cover some matchups
I use this one often, it's risky to do but can get out kills super early, if you have a punish might as well go for this instead of raw bair unless they are way over 100

MZG20

Smash Rookie
NNID
MZGamer20
Oh, almost forgot. Uair is a really good set up for the rest. I've done this a lot of times so far, but it's also a little risky

Managomous

Smash Cadet
NNID
RanmaTheAncient
We can duck and punish Marth and Lucina's shield breaker.
I'll have to try that, but it seems extremely risky for the reward of a punish (Which I am assuming would just be a hit, nothing that can kill correct)?

Brellow

Smash Cadet
I'll have to try that, but it seems extremely risky for the reward of a punish (Which I am assuming would just be a hit, nothing that can kill correct)?
Shield breaker goes right above Puff. Duck and punish with Fair, rest, etc. You might get scared and want to shield it but don't. If you shield it, you die (unless its a perfect shield).

Managomous

Smash Cadet
NNID
RanmaTheAncient
You can actually rest after they do a shield breaker? I need proof of this lol. I would think their recovery would be better then that.

Top Bottom