• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We are nublets help plz.

Met

Smash Ace

Keit

Smash Rookie
Dude my link owned you so bad JBD... lawl.... jk nub... RATE MY LINK PLZ! (I'm Uruk)

SliK

Smash Journeyman
I watched the first two captain falcon vs. link i am not exactly great but my advise would be this. Captain falcon player you use dashdancing for mindgames with wavedashes in them but they would be much more usefull for spacing an attack and dodging his for punishment. also need to learn to tech follow and combos with falcon cant tell them all here so go to the captain falcon thread. For the Link you need to shuffl its the only way to make link anywere near fast and instead of doing the b-up in the air use alot more spam with bombs and boomerang will give you openings for attack and more mindgames with dashdancing and use wavedash. thats just something its kinda all basic im sure others will tell you more just watch videos of pros and see what they do.

Keit

Smash Rookie
Bump! someone should really comment on us! >.>; I know we suck... but jeez, can't even find words to describe ; ;?

Keit

Smash Rookie
I watched the first two captain falcon vs. link i am not exactly great but my advise would be this. Captain falcon player you use dashdancing for mindgames with wavedashes in them but they would be much more usefull for spacing an attack and dodging his for punishment. also need to learn to tech follow and combos with falcon cant tell them all here so go to the captain falcon thread. For the Link you need to shuffl its the only way to make link anywere near fast and instead of doing the b-up in the air use alot more spam with bombs and boomerang will give you openings for attack and more mindgames with dashdancing and use wavedash. thats just something its kinda all basic im sure others will tell you more just watch videos of pros and see what they do.
Am I really missing that many SHFFLs? o.O I didn't realize i'll watch it again... Thanks =D I thought I was catching most of them..

toga

Smash Apprentice
I dont play with any of the people you guys do except sheik so i watched that fight and from what I see you do ok

tips
prefect the chain grab(sheik can chain grab the crap out of both links if dont right)

when you miss a jump hold the joystick left so you will fall in level with the ledge and not under the stage then recover

dash dancing a link in my oponion is dumb because he can just throw a bomb or someting at you to stop you its beter to wave dash it.

also try to short hop,tilt the joystick so you will flip and throw neddles.

another trick you can do is to hold your sheild and repeadly press down on the c sttick
the result is that you will side step to the point that the cant hit you then let go of the sheild and just flick the c stick down again. this a a very usefull trick that can be done with almost anybody when i think of it but its good to throw you enemy a little and get some free precentage in also you can nutral a into a grab as well try it well thats all for now. bye

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
To the CF player: Uthrow-> Knee pwns Link

Learn to create you own openings. It seems that a lot of the time, you like to attack as quickly as possible with a shuffled aerial...this is bad. Take a look at 3:30 in the second vid to see exactly what I mean. If you dashdance a little and fake Link into doing that spin attack instead of running into it, you've just earned yourself a KO.

When you truly learn to only attack if there's an opening is when you're going to start pwning your friend really, really hard. He'll catch on eventually, but in the meantime, you'll be amazing compared to them.

Here's a challenge for you:

Try to go a whole stock without taking any damage. You need to stay back and be evasive, looking for openings. If Link is in his standing position, you don't want to attack him head on. Try spotting for a shieldgrab, or punishing the lag of his projectile attacks (CF can be all over a Link when he pulls out the boomerang too often). Think about what you can do to accomplish this more than once, you'll become a much better player, I promise.

Keit

Smash Rookie
Anyone have tips for meh <.<; I wanna stop sucking too! =P
Not too many Link players I guess ; ;

spiffo

Smash Cadet
all I watched as the first vid and then the quality made me fear any more.

uruk guy. well from what I can see you're doing a lot of n-airs to approach his CF. and tht works alriht but after a while it was predictable. also against some of the spazzy fast characters like CF or Fox you dont wanna try chasing them the same way as they can chase you. try giving yourself with some projectiles and then try and get them with a shield grab or something. In fact I dont think there was a single grab in that video. I may be wrong but none come to mind.

Top Bottom