• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Oct 28, 2015] Wavedash Wednesday (Oak Park, IL)

EXPGaming

Smash Journeyman
Results are posted!
Check the original post of this thread for some venue rules regarding tourneys.

If you are unsure if you can make it for PM @ 8pm then just post here on smashboards, or call the venue @ (708) 613-4609 and let us know you want to be added to the bracket. The 5 minute rule (from the original post) applies.
REMEMBER it's double elim. so if you aren't in time for your first match (thus auto-forfeit) then hopefully you will arrive by your second match (in loser's bracket).

Scythe

Smash Master
double post but to all those people that were talking about new controllers---- New white controllers are now 50 bucks on play asia does not include the shipping cost and you can get those controllers for about the same price( a little cheaper actually) with no shipping cost on amazon . Supplies are limited though.

EXPGaming

Smash Journeyman
Hey there's been some interest in getting regular crew battles going at EXP.
What do you guys think of these options?
1: Have crew battles in pm & melee on Fridays
2: Turn Wednesdays into 1v1 pm and pm crew battle day, Have Fridays as 1v1 melee & melee crew battle day.
*64 (assuming there's a setup) & brawl offered both days.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Heard something about crew battles... Are these draft crews (pick captains and divide) or open market? How many teams, how many stocks?

Scythe

Smash Master
oh no PM is starting on time now? damn lol i get off work at 8 guess i'll be coming to these for melee

EXPGaming

Smash Journeyman
Sveet
Haven't decided all that yet. A few guys just said they'd like weekly crew battles so as I posted earlier
We will either (option 1): hold pm & melee crew battles on fridays OR (option 2): change wednesdays to 1v1 pm & pm crew battle, thus fridays would be 1v1 melee & melee crew battle.

Really just looking for feedback on these options and once decided we can figure out the way crews are built, # of crews, stocks, etc.

Mondays or Tuesdays are also options instead of Fridays.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Crew battles usually take about an hour, could you do P:M and Melee like normal but spare an hour before the venue closes? Probably couldnt fit both games, so alternate weeks or let it be a show of hands.

Scythe

Smash Master
more like local clown! too bad i'm getting there at 845 otherwise I would body you in PM!

EXPGaming

Smash Journeyman
Scythe I'll put you in the bracket and run as many matches as possible before your 1st one. And if you miss that one (thus forfeit) maybe you can make it in time for your losers bracket match. That sound alright?

EXPGaming

Smash Journeyman
Check the original post as our Wavedash Wednesday event has been changed a little.
The tourney start time is now 8:30pm although the start time is a little later, splitting up the 1v1 tourneys will hopefully mean no more late nights.
See you all again next week for 1v1 Melee and PM Crew Battle!

Added 2 more crts to our venue so please bring wii/gc consoles & games.

peanutknight99

Smash Rookie
I'll come with my friends over the summer some time. Is there still going to be brawl doubles because that's what I would be most looking forward to.

Scythe

Smash Master
would need to get people for brawl singles first

anyways I should be there at 9, let's try this thing again lol

peanutknight99

Smash Rookie
That'd be good. I just love playing doubles although level 9's aren't exactly good for practicing doubles on. We could also just have some doubles matches for fun teaming with other people there. How many people usually go?

Scythe

Smash Master
apparently there is some resurfacing down around that area is that going to be an issue for parking?

Top Bottom