• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Mu discussion: Donkey Kong

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
There isn't any excuse for any Wario to not be able to CG. Not be bothered by it or not to even bother learning it. It's inexcusable stop being lazy.

If you're hanging around on the ledge too long he can dsmash you and you'll like get stage spiked or something to that extent.

Bite is good against him. Up until around 30 percent it can lead into a dash grab. Proceed to CG him.

Throw your bike at him while he's trying to recover. It's super effective and racks damage easily.

If all else fails treat him like a heavier version of Marth. His Bair Marth fair his dtilt marth dtilt. He's stronger and heavier and will kill you earlier but live longer. He has GR shenanigans also. This MU should be in favor of Wario as long as you don't rush aren't lazy ( learn the ****ing CG) and actually respect the options DK has on you. Just because he's big and you can combo doesn't mean you run at him full steam.

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
just wanted to point out, bite doesnt beat fsmash, its just that in the startup of fsmash dk leans forward which will get him bitten, if he only hits you with his fingers->palm of his hand he'll beat it out

DK cant realistically grab your landings, even when predicted since you can just land inside dk with a bite and from such close distance dk cant beat it. same problem with fsmash, if you bair too close you get bitten, uair you need to be really under him, utilt might* work. but shieldgrabbing landings shouldnt be happening
if you do predict a bite, i believe its best to just roll behind wario and punish his ending lag with an ftilt
also, SDI the god**** upB, ive been getting the full 36% waay too often lately xD that counts for you too chair -.- thats a third of your stock. respectively, ive been practicing my SDI and i can pretty confidently SDI warios dair while only taking the first hit ^^ but thats only possible if i know you're gonna hit me i.e i miss a dsmash and you jump towards me blabla

also, dtitlt under 50~ percent can trips which leads to grab which leads to pain in the form of either a punch (28%) or an fsmash (21%) so dont get hit by it at low percents

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Yeah it was never denied to be inexcusable lol.

I have to add that DK's bair and Marth's fair aren't comparable at all, if only because fair=fair and bair=bair.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
I find this MU really difficult to explain. I have this feeling that wario wins, but its really hard for me to explain why. Its something about stage control/situations we can put DK in. I think those are the biggest reasons.

In the KTAR matches, Slik jus got hit with way too much bair. He insisted on running and getting the foot in the face during his initial dash or trying to airdodge in aka what will was baiting, which gave Will % advantadge/momentum and well...DK with momentum is a scary beast. Look @ Atomsk vs Will games 2 and 3. Incredibly close matches. DK gets momentum. Close match turns to 2 stock.

Outside of the beating from bair, Slik was playing pretty well and when Will (for w/e reason) let down his bair assault, Slik really began to shine and abuse him as Wario should do in the MU. His only real problem was how quick he was dying. I think that just comes from not playing any DKs recently.

Idk what else to add that isnt obvious.

I think this is my first post towards a MU. Dope.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Pretty sure every wario practices the CG. I practice it. I just mess up lol
I think there's some Wario's who try to get by with out doing it. I think anyone who doesn't even attempt to learn it is just shooting themselves in the foot.

Yeah it was never denied to be inexcusable lol.

I have to add that DK's bair and Marth's fair aren't comparable at all, if only because fair=fair and bair=bair.
They both have a lot of range speed and are great spacing tools. They can both wall you with these moves. I fail to see why you can't compare the two.

@Malcolm it's good that you're getting involved more with the boards.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
The facts that Marth's features a silly arc and doesn't have a lasting hitbox makes them incomparable aside of the fact that they're both ****.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
The facts that Marth's features a silly arc and doesn't have a lasting hitbox makes them incomparable aside of the fact that they're both ****.
I don't think it matters to much the arc Marth swords follows and the hit box of DK's foot is practically the same. I'm not at a level when if Marth swings the sword high I'll be able to avoid it low and then punish. The minute differences in the animation are meaningless.

eschemat

Smash Journeyman
The chaingrab buffer is hard to time. Where should I buffer it?

Anyways, in my DK experience, he's slow and easy to gimp. Get him off the stage and fair, just gimp!

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
The matchup is pretty even I think, without the chaingrab against DK. Performing the chaingrab easily puts the matchup in Wario's favor, since so many hits lead into grab at low percentages. The chaingrab is easy! I personally don't like it though haha.

DK can grab release you into his strongest attacks, so if you get grabbed at over 100% then say goodbye to that stock! Just don't get grabbed, good spacing and safe moves will easily accomplish this.

Summary: Grab him and don't get grabbed. Oh and his bair is good, but space and dodge to avoid it.

Top Bottom