• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Matchup Discussion

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I've always hated that about the Tink MU discussions.

Some good player comes along, states his obviously wrong opinion, and people just follow it because the speaker is "good".

Read the whole discussion. It isn't in Tink's favor. You might be able to make the argument for 50-50, but across the board 55-45, maybe 60-40 Wario is the consensus.

/memories of Chip's posts

TheJerm

Smash Champion
What do you know dtl? Which top wario's have you played and beaten? Im not trying to make you change your opinion, thats all this thread is. Opinions. In the end, your TL will still be the same and mine will too.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
The ratios don't mean anything.

You're supposed to talk about the match up and how to win it.
You come up with a ratio at the end.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
What do you know dtl? Which top wario's have you played and beaten? Im not trying to make you change your opinion, thats all this thread is. Opinions. In the end, your TL will still be the same and mine will too.
I still haven't made it OoS due to the No Koast fail :(

But I play Timotee. Play him yourself and then tell me if I don't play good Warios or not, but I can guarantee he's up there.

Unlike you, I won't respond by getting mad, but I will tell ask you not to judge other scenes you've never experienced.

And yes, Sasuke, this shouldn't matter. I just took offense to a ratio posted that showed no regard of any evidence discussed. Sorry.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
If you aren't down by a stock, there's plenty of time on the clock, and they aren't approaching much, spam their ***. Once they're in, retreating back air and Nair OoS.

Killing is near impossible if they're doing it right...Some moves that occasionaly work are Utilt, Usmash (kinda), and Fair. Just play campy and wait until you see the opening. Toon Link has no such thing as a safe kill move on Wario, but fair is close.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
If you aren't down by a stock, there's plenty of time on the clock, and they aren't approaching much, spam their ***. Once they're in, retreating back air and Nair OoS.

Killing is near impossible if they're doing it right...Some moves that occasionaly work are Utilt, Usmash (kinda), and Fair. Just play campy and wait until you see the opening. Toon Link has no such thing as a safe kill move on Wario, but fair is close.

Malcolm timed me out and we were on the same stock

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
That's why I said if there is plenty of time on the clock.

It makes the matchup MUCH harder when you're forced to approach, but that's just what the Wario MU is. Either you're ahead and are playing keep away with projectiles and bair, or you have to approach (usually Zair, Bair, Nair). The second is insanely hard...but that's why you don't let them get the lead. And no, it isn't just that easy lol.

My best advice is don't let them get the lead lol. Tim time's me out as well...

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
Once wario gets close to you, he's going to stay just outside of zair range almost the entire stock. Arrows at this point become pretty useless, and you won't have much time to pull out a bomb. Your best moves are gonna be nair and bair, and every time you get him away toss a 'rang and use that to buy time for bombs and arrows.

If he's below you, don't airdodge unless you have to. More times than not he's just baiting the AD so he can give you the clap.

Two main times we'll be eating a waft: offstage weak fair->waft (very hard to avoid if done right), and when we're on the ledge, drop down offstage+waft.

Thebest1pj

@DTL :With your abundance of amazing offline experience and consistent high tourney placings and practice vs top level Warios, I will listen to you and agree that the wario MU IS 60:40

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I only play offline >__>. I do place top 3 at every local...but that's CO, so yeah.

At least I play less ****ty Falcos with my less ****ty Toon Link.

Went there as a joke, hoping it gets responded to angrily.

edit: I think the MU is 55-45. Just saying. Possibly closer to even, just no way it's our advantage.

Thebest1pj

I only play offline >__>. I do place top 3 at every local...but that's CO, so yeah.

At least I play less ****ty Falcos with my less ****ty Toon Link.

Went there as a joke, hoping it gets responded to angrily.

edit: I think the MU is 55-45. Just saying. Possibly closer to even, just no way it's our advantage.
lmao i love you man i didn't say that though co18 did and it was to someone else about ics did ya sense the sarcasm ?i just replaced names ;D

ok ok i know that was an ******* thing to do still but hell you know it was funny

im******* this post makes sense i think

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
You should edit out that last part...I got trouble last time I posted that...

I knew that didn't sound like you...No idea why I take so much offense to that kind of thing...I don't mind being called trash, but I can't take my scene being called trash. Probably means it is.

kk <3 bye.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Why are you guys arguing over a match up ratio. Just list the pros and cons and what to do

Thebest1pj

You should edit out that last part...I got trouble last time I posted that...

I knew that didn't sound like you...No idea why I take so much offense to that kind of thing...I don't mind being called trash, but I can't take my scene being called trash. Probably means it is.

kk <3 bye.
yay i just felt like being a jerk lol...........

Why are you guys arguing over a match up ratio. Just list the pros and cons and what to do[/QUOTE

SHUT

THE

UP

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Post about the match up or don't post.

CTX

Smash Journeyman
I was at No Koast and I am going to have to agree with Jerm, as far as strategy is concerned. Played Bassem in pools, definitely said they way to beat wario is to zone like no other. Spamming projectiles isnt going to be as effective, simply because Wario has the aerial mobility to stop it. B-air, n-air, tilts, and good spacing ftw

CTX

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I should have gotten 17th out of 49, however, I SD'ed against a lucario on the third game...I hulked out afterwards

I also lost to typex. I sd'ed in the first game of the set, and then got reverse 3 stocked...choke job ftl

CTX

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I only get 25th out of 49...very bleh

It was a weird tournament in general. Hylian also got 25th, as did Zeton. Dojo getting three stocked by Ally in the last game of Grand Finals, Bassem getting 2 stocked by Ally's Captain Falcon in Winners Finals

Anyway, one more thing I will add to the discussion has to do with the waft. One thing I noticed bassem do, specifically against Dojo (Bassem ended up winning the set) was he would go off stage and try and rack damage with u-air. When Dojo got to a killing percentage he would bait the airdodge, fall and then waft upwards and collide with dojo for the kill. Something to keep in mind. I would say the only time you should be airdodging would be to invinci-bomb

Top Bottom