• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wargreymon/bwg for smash 4, does this make sense?

IronChar

Smash Journeyman
points of making this reality, When it was announced that namco bandai was helping Sora LTD develop the game my first thought was "Sh, Wargreymon could be the prefect 3rd party represent for the next smash" instead we got pac man- which is freakin awesome still yet I feel with DLC being a real deal the namco bandai team could bring something cool 3rd party wise to the table.... or miss on a big opportunity. Here are some points I feel that makes this work.

-Digimon is a huge franchise that started with video games: mimicking bandai's own Tamagotchi to be exact (its a japan thing so they can get on board easy) while the series took off with the show, Digimon World (great game) and other forms of media followed it, mostly in video games.

-Mewtwo being confirmed for DLC means its possible they can add more characters to an already crazy roster, yet it's likely they won't add anymore unless it's significant enough... and while namco has representation in this smash game (pac man) bandai does not. 1 3rd party character is all that would be needed.While Gundam (RX-78) is a cool idea, it started with an anime and may not be the best fit in smash.... what about Digimon then? while its hard for Bandai to pick so many digimon, if they had to Pick one I think Wargreymon serves best. While it would be nice to see Agumon and some weird digivolve mechanic changing between the two, we know Sakurai does not wish for this to style to be in any fighter for the new game (brawl days are over) Maybe Agumon could be separate or even the Sole digimon rep, yet I feel Bandai needs someone strong/fighter like, Augmon is the better mascot (like pikachu) but wargreymon is the better power fighter if their had to be one (like mewtwo) I feel wargreymon would be more significant.

-We can see both in the game with their own skins and separate announcer calls similar to Olimar and Alph. (for a bonus, we could even see a Chaosblackwargreymon skin for BWG)

-Wargreymon is an iconic digimon known most well for being one of the big heroes of DA season 1. Blackwargreymon is an iconic digimon known most well for being an anti-hero for DA season 2. while these are cartoons, both characters have made appearances in bandai's very own digimon fighting game, "rumble arena" (there's your moveset ideas) which has clearly taken some ideas from smash bros series with their own digivolve mechanics. we could see a digivice to serve as the icon of the series. X antibody for final smash perhaps?

-much like those "who would win in mario/sonic fights brawl/project m/smash 4 gives us. Wouldn't wargreymon be the ultimate rep for the "who would win pokemon/digimon battles"?

all I can think of for now. I know how Nintendo and the others feel about fan related submissions so it seems less real now that the game is done. yet I have to throw this out there to entertain the thought. Haters be damned

What do you guys think about this? Hopefully this gets steam train goin
thanks for reading

Attachments

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Not gonna lie, Wargreymon in Smash would be pretty damn kickass. Unfortunately at this point it's probably a crapshoot, I have a feeling that Nintendo will only want actual Nintendo characters as opposed to 3rd party characters for DLC. But hey who knows what the future will bring?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The thing is, Bandai is still part of Namco and they already have a character overall. It's one company now. I would like this, but unless Sega and Capcom gets another character(each from different franchises), I don't think this can be fairly justified.

That said, there's a lot of different colorings for Wargreymon himself. Like Blackwargreymon, Victorygreymon, etc. It'd be quite easy to design the costumes. Although to also be fair, it has very little memorable game music, as most of it is from the Anime itself. That may or may not be an issue. I've noticed no non-game music has come in for series at all, even music that isn't specific to one region.(like the various Pokemon remixes that sound rather nice in the Anime itself)

Top Bottom