• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waddle Doo / Beam Power Support Thread

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
This idea was brought up by several people when Dedede's moves were revealed, showcasing his talent for chunking random Kirby enemies from his coat. Considering Waddle Doo's were one of the types that gave him an ability (Beam) in the actual Kirby games, it seems to me that he should retain this power in Brawl.

Another interesting fact is that Sakurai has voiced a fondness for this particular Kirby skill in the past, although finding the place I read that quote would be hard to find. I'll have to work on the evidence end of that but hey, he said it.

So what do you guys think? Will Beam be in Brawl, and if so, will others follow suit to give Kirby unparalleled variation?

maxieman

Smash Ace
Unlikely but I would love to see this implemented. although the fact that waddle doo is part of a moveset lowers the chances even more

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
I would love ot see more versatility in Kirby's moveset. This would help do that. Imagine all the things that Kirby could eat to become a certain version of kirby from his games! ^_^

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
Unlikely but I would love to see this implemented. although the fact that waddle doo is part of a moveset lowers the chances even more
True but remember that after they are thrown by Dedede, they walk around for at least a little while as part of the chaos. It's reasonable to think that Kirby could swallow them just as easily as his opponents - I guess that's the real question. If he can suck up non-player characters then I am sure he will have Beam and possibly more.

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
Beam power would b cool, it would make the matchup between dedede and kirby interesting as kirby would have extended options, or in teams dedede could throw one at him on purpose o he can get beam power..

the grim lizard

Smash Master
If this happened, though, it would make Kirby either very advantaged in the case of an item match or severely disadvantaged in the case of a non-item match.

The only way I could see this working is if they made it so Kirby could eat any projectile to copy an ability so as to have an advantage over projectile characters...

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
I don't see it as that much of an advantage, just an extra couple of themed powers to more thoroughly represent his series... no matter how many copies Kirby could have, he's still limited to using just one which balances it even if there are a thousand powers (which would be ridiculous but you know what I mean). The main difference with this would be that only Kirby users could harness the Beam power but hey that's Kirby's specialty anyway. It'd just seem to fit so well and give him some fun new angles.

@ Illidr - That might be the thread where I first talked about it too; sorry I can't find **** on the search function. Well actually I probably could but that's a different, more horrible story.

Metroid_01

Smash Journeyman
Atlanta, GA (school yr), Miami, Fl (summer)
I dont think it would really offer any advantage or disadvantage. It would just be really neat if Kirby could eat certain enemies and gain powers from them. It would only make Kirby just that much more interesting to play, and personally I would love to see this happen.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
I was wondering whether they would be giving him this power, given the bigger storyline now. I'd be cool if he could eat certain SE enemies and get certain powers, even if there was an enemy that gave him a random other character hat.

It's pretty much a certainty that he'll be able to suck up the Waddle Doos and Dees though. They aren't like Pokemon. From what I see they're more like the enemies from Melee. Lets hope that Beam Kirby gets in.

maxieman

Smash Ace
I could see a lot of cameos, those big spikey tire things could be a tire kirby, R.O.B. to laser kirby, and that giant sheep/goat/monster thing to giant sheep/goat/monster kirby

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
more options equals advantage, but if its just the beam power then its not a big deal, considering it wont make a big difference, plus waddle doo is a kirby enemy that normal gives the power so it would feel cheep if you ate one and didn't get it.

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
I would love ot see more versatility in Kirby's moveset. This would help do that. Imagine all the things that Kirby could eat to become a certain version of kirby from his games! ^_^
like fireflower and fire, bom-omb and bomb, beam sword and sword, flreezie and ice,
samus' b laser, and so on? oh and FULL SUPPORT!

Top Bottom