• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VS. Bowser

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
so a few minutes ago, I ran into this Bowser on For Glory, and got totally demolished... he used mostly Aerials, and had freakishly effective use of the Bowser Bomb, namely Jab one to it from the ground. and if he didn't kill me with it, I didn't react fast enough to avoid my shield getting busted.

initially I managed to score a win by playing extra defensive, using Arcfire to Levin UpAir, alternating between Arcthunder and Thoron, occasionally punishing with Nosferatu so I can survive a little longer... come next round he's charging me head-on and steamrolling through my immediate defenses....

I've attempted my other mains and only two others managed to get at least a win off of this guy.

so what's recommended for Robin against Bowser?

Last edited:

Silverfox117

Smash Apprentice
I've beat multiple great bowsers before, and you just have to not let them control the air. Predict there jump and punish it with a nair. Your aerials beat his. Play a mix of defensive and zoning out all his options. At the end you should have effectively eliminated all the options bowser has to approach, and you win. Its not a tough match up.

Last edited:

Janno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Janno123
Spam your moves.

And with spam i dont mean spam but abuse. Thunder, Fire, Thunder Sword, fast Bronze sword.
Everything is good

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
Rely on Arcfire a lot. I would say that Robin has a very good matchup against Bowser, simply because he is big and heavy. This means that Arcfire combos are really easy.

Also, Bowser's recovery kind of sucks, so don't be afraid to gimp him with nair.

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
This is probably something to ask in the matchup thread. I think Bowser is one of Robin's better match ups. Robin is pretty good against most of the slower characters as Robin has a ton of fast air moves, and arc fire is really good since it is a lot easier to land and combo with it.

AC NuBurs

Defence Bowser
NNID
ACNuBurs
My mate plays a pretty solid bowser, whilst the match is definitely in your favor, you have to still respect bowser..a bit. You have the advantage, but a smart and patient bowser is something to be wary off. I'm only saying this because mis timed arc fires and air stuff can result in some nasty damage, and even death because Bowser can kill really early. I'm only saying this because by the sounds of it, your being hit by a lot of stuff you shouldn't be hit by, like Bowser bomb. Even though this is a good match for robin, patience is also your weapon, there's no reason why bowser should be steam rolling through robins defense, you just gotta keep him out, as lame as it is.

Also, bowser bomb hits the shield twice, if you block the first hit, just roll away for an easy punish, if you sit there blocking the second hit your shield breaks.

Also a stupid one trick pony thing, Bowser side b will ALWAYS kill him first. No bowser is going to be dumb enough to try and get a bowser side on you, but some of them still use the grab (theres also a weird Side b cancel thing, im not sure how it works but basically bowser can Side b in the air, and then instantly do it again on the ground), so if your both on one stock, or just bowser on one stock, any time he tries to side b you, attempt to street it towards the blast zone for an ez win.

Top Bottom