• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bayonetta Summons the Climax! Updated OT. - (Old Bayonetta Support Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
The first game had Fly Me to the Moon, this has Moon River. Wonder what Bayonetta 3 will have? Under a Glass Moon? Man on the Moon? Moonglow? Moonlight Becomes You? Blue Moon?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
While I am impressed in the collection of thoughts, there should be more effort to make the positives shine and to further explore the moveset using canon elements
I know, but Push recommended that I leave the move set to a link. :6
I didn't think it was a good idea in the long run.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
hmm.

It would be beneficial for there to be a very believable leak, with footage of her fighting for like 5 secs. Would bring more attention than the Rayman prank by Artsy Omni.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
Ideas for Bayonetta Stage in SSB4

• For Wii U: Noatun - Clash of Light and Dark
    (Second Phase arena for the first fight against the Lumen Sage in Bayonetta 2.)
    A Floating platform surrounded by lava, with a demon and angel fighting in the background. It could have the addition of platforms. In size aspect, I can imagine it being like the Big Battlefield. The Demon and Angel battling in the background, Fortitudo and Labolas, will constantly fight each other in the background. Occasionally knocking one another into the platform. when this happens players will stumble and fall. If a character is in the exact spot where ether the demon or angel make impact with the stage, they will receive fire (if struck by Fortitudo) or darkness (if struck by Lobias) damage. Eventually the two will grab one another and dive into the lava, causing the platform to be launched into the air and break apart into chunks.

The fight will then have a second phase, where the platform will break apart underneath the fighters, the main platform floating in chunks, while the smaller platforms hovering over them. And then from there Fortitudo and Labolas are replaced with Temperantia and Madama Butterfly. The floating platform chunks will form an ∞ as it loops around and between the two figures as they fight. Players will need to be careful as the platforms loop between them as they may take damage from the large figures attacks. Eventually the two will grab one another, then fly off into the air, the stage's main platform forming into one and lowering it self, restarting the stages first phase.

• For Nintendo 3DS: Vigrid - Angels Metropolis

Vigrid is a location that exists in both games, so I think it would be a perfect location for a stage in Smash Bros., it essentially works like the Boxing Ring, a flat stage you can possibly walk off of, with the sight of an old building in the background, with steps and such. In the day type there is a large fountain that will sit in the middle of it for functioning as a wall, and is gone in the night variation. The Day version comes from Bayo1, where its calm and peaceful, people who live in the city walking about the streets, though they are see through as Bayonetta resides in an alternate dimension so she wont interfere with them. The night version comes from Bayo2, when she is sent to the past to experience once again the War between heaven and hell. Umbran Witches and angels fighting in the background, many of the instructors having fallen apart as it rains heavily.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
After nearly a half year since the game's release, Bayonetta 2 finally got its own Nightmare Fuel page on TV Tropes. Goes to show that this game has so much edge that it makes the first game seem like a post Resident Evil 4 title in comparison. I would mostly give the game credit for having more disturbing angel designs or a more dire plot.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/NightmareFuel/Bayonetta2

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
I think either Isla Del Sol (the site of the final battle between Bayonetta and Jeanne in Bayo 1) or The Great War of 500 Years Ago (the last few chapters before the final boss in Bayo 2) make for great locales to Smash in. As for music, here's what I propose for a Wii U music list:

Bayo 1:
Mysterious Destiny
You May Call Me Father
Friendship
Battle for the Umbra Throne
One of a Kind
Sapientia: In the Choice Between Good and Evil
The Greatest Jubilee

Bayo 2:
Tomorrow is Mine
Beyond Time
ST16: The Great War, Aerial Battle
The Lumen Sage
Aesir
A Butterfly Among the Storm
Glamor: In Charm and Allure

blackghost

Smash Champion
read the entire thread. i'd love to see her in this game (at worst i'd like to see her as a zss alt). but in my mind i have her nuetral b function as a switch between two sets of 3 specials (like two weapon sets in her games). set 1: up b is crow within, down b witch time counter (bayonetta doesnt hit you just adds roughly 15 frames to your move and she is invincible through the hit. and side b is her forward stab attack (basically stinger) and set 2 her up b is her witch twist, side b is panther transformation (think of it has palutena superspeed with no hitbox bayonetta can perform multiple actions out of it), and her down b is a healing taunt (she dances, because why not?). i dont think the way to go with her is her weapons for the sake of "smashfying" her as snake was she'd just use her specials moves form the games. final smash wicked weave hands are summoned and they smash the ground around her (think of deoxys attack just faster). she'd be great in this game. I tihnk the normals mentioned in this thread would work great as well. her grab and throws aren't coming to me now.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Yes, it is? Do you have a topic in mind?
Hey i don't know if you remember me or not Blue Pikmin but me and you use to campaign in the Solid Snake thread lol! Do i have a topic in mind? Yes i do. You all probably has already talked about this but.. How would Sakurai go about her sexuality? (I just beat the first Bayonetta game today and IT WAS GREAT) Normally all her attacks are sexulized and guns. They would have to tone her down alot. I do want to see Bayonetta included she is very popular. What is her chances? Is she a Nintendo Character now? or in Between SEGA and Nintendo?

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
This is my explanation on Bayonetta's chances here:
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/06/29/the-case-for-bayonettaspt1/
I recommend clicking every link regarding her sexuality there.
That was really well written! You had alot of good points! Since her costume is mostly made out of her own hair! They could out more around her boobs and butt! She doesn't have to use her guns (Snake didn't *sighs* He still hasn't returned) I would love to see Bayonetta into the game how popular is she when it comes down the the Smash Ballot?

Also who is the @WitchSupporter on Twitter? who's behind it? Anyway you guys followed me on Twitter a couple days ago i'm Skylar Arwood! I'm new around here in this thread im mostly around the Solid Snake thread!

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
ANNNNNNNNDDDD the against article wins. :( He did have advantage as he directly attacked Bluepikmins points but still. :(:/

I'm WitchSupporter. Please don't DM (unless you have a suggestion) and fav, reply or Rt. Its beneficial that way, thanks!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
ANNNNNNNNDDDD the against article wins. :( He did have advantage as he directly attacked Bluepikmins points but still. :(:/

I'm WitchSupporter. Please don't DM (unless you have a suggestion) and fav, reply or Rt. Its beneficial that way, thanks!!!!!!!!!
What was the counter argument? Will you please give me a link? I didn't know you was the WitchSupporter (I'm such a fan)

I think the real question here is when it comes down to the Smash Ballot who's the most popular characters like really popular?? We know the Inkling from Splatoon is really popular! What about 3rd Party Characters? Shantae, Shovel Knight and Banjo. Just out of all the Characters who's the most popular and where does Bayonetta fit in all of it?

Any Support Signs for my Signature?

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
It's been a while, but wanted to share this:

Once again, I took BKuppa666's character template for inspiration and giving out a more detailed analysis on connecting the games to a moveset that resembles more closely to melee combo at the extreme.

Character Play-style

Bayonetta (and Jeanne as alt skin) will rely heavily on combo based moves at the near extreme since she needs to build damage on her opponents before she can use stronger moves to effectively finish them off. However, the witch’s combo-based moves is the major source of building damage quickly.

The witch’s stronger moves, like charged smashes and grabs, have longer start-up time that the opponent have less than 1 second to dodge before taking a big hit, but is most effective when some damage is built; otherwise, the victim would not fly too far.

While the witch’s main advantage is strong melee attacks at very close range, she is very vulnerable from other attacks that have long range, which forces her to make swift dodging and agile jumps so she can get closer to her victims. Bayonetta has very little options to defend against projectiles on her own except for witch guns designed to neutralize them to some degree.

Bayonetta would be between medium and light weight and be a little taller than Palutena to give Bayonetta some ample room to use her melee attacks, yet be an easier target than ones that are shorter, making her more suspect to knockback-based attacks. For theme and giving more precision for melee attacks, her walking speed is slightly below average with her legs crossing each other. For running, it would be slightly faster than average-weighted characters, like Mario, Link, or Pit, so she can set up opportunities for combo-based moves.

Cannon aspects from main series, list and analyze each element one by one

· Witch guns

o The default and signature weapons used for the games. While there are other weapons that the witch can use, it is best to have only one set of the guns on the arms and legs for simplicity. The guns are often used as part of melee attacks, and muzzle bangs can be used as part of regular attacks or minor sweet spots of slightly longer-reaching melee attacks. The witch guns can also be used to shoot out magical energy shots, which can be reserved as a neutral special attack. The witch can also move slowly as long as Neutral special is held down by movement input. The only purpose the bullets serve is to hinder projectiles: small ones would be destroyed, while bigger ones, like Samus’s full charge blast, will be slowed down slightly so the witch has more time to dodge them. The bullets themselves deal negligible damage to the opponents and does not hinder them in any way, like Fox’s laser.

· Input Combo moves

o While the games has up to 5 inputs of any two primary attacks (kick and punch) along with a few moves requiring others (control stick, transform, dodge), it would have to be simplified to fit in with Smash template. One way to preserve it is by having a 3-input combo based on directions of standard attacks (not charged smashes)

§ Ground – Up, Forward (the only side direction possible), Down

§ Air – Front, Up, Back

o Each input throughout the combo system progresses from fast and weak (1st input) to slow and strong (3rd input), the effects will be gradual and subtle

§ First and second will build up damage with no knockback. However, it requires the opponent to be quite close so the witch can lock in its victim.

§ The third and final move will finish with most damage, but with mild to medium knockback

o That means that charge smashes and grab attacks are reserved for powerful, but very slow attacks with strong knockback, but medium damage. These shall be best used after the opponent has taken enough damage.

· Punish Attacks

o In the games, it’s only possible to use them whenever the enemy is stunned, and the witch can grab them to perform finishing moves, most of them without wicked weave. Any moves that does not involve wicked weaves can be translated into grab attacks, such as spinning in full circles, slapping, or even muzzle-blast.

· Moon Pearl Meter

o In the games, the meter fills up depending on damage dealt to enemies; however, the moon pearl depletes when taking hits. A full meter will allow for more powerful attacks, such as wicked waves and torture attacks. The mechanic can be translated into Smash with a few tweaks to make another unique meter like Little Mac, while retaining the rules from the games.

· Wicked Weaves

o A more powerful attack against enemies. While some are accessible without requiring moon pearls, other moves with them consume moon pearls. If the wicked weaves are going to be used while keeping their purpose clear, it will be used as charged smash attacks (only on ground) that consumes the full meter. Needs a slight delay before attack commences. When the opponent is hit by a wicked weave that is closer to maximum range, it deals less damage with less knockback (aka sour spot); an opponent hit at the maximum range (aka sweet spot), it gives more damage and higher knockback. Summoning wicked weave will begin from the witch’s forward-facing position.

· Torture Devices

o Torture devices are only used when at least one set of moon pearls are filled. They will act in the same way as Wicked Weaves in smash: use up the full meter. However, they are the powerful grab attacks that replace punish. It is only used when the witch successfully grabs the opponent.

· Witch Transformations

o The witch can transform into various animals for specific purposes. They can be easily assigned as direction-based specials since they are treated as utility-based moves with minor roles in attacks. The cat and bird have slightly bigger hitboxes, allowing opponents a quick chance to cancel the witch’s attacks before it happens.

§ Cat within - Panther / Wildcat – Run faster with a claw attack (side special). The cat’s claw attack will pull her victims closer to easier connect with combo moves. Gives initial jump, but runs and falls down fast.

§ Bird within - Crow / Owl – Fly with a spin attack and then descend slowly (up special). The bird within can be canceled by using attacks, but cannot use it again until the witch lands on the ground. The spin attack also has a pulling effect, but the opponents must be close to her to happen.

§ Swarm within - Bats / Moths – Dodge attacks when about to be hit to activate a magic attack (down special). Has small starting delay, which give opponents little time to ambush the witch. There are sections dedicated to down special, including Witch time and magical accessories.

· Witch Time

o An essential move that slows enemy movement after the witch dodges an enemy attack. Uses swarm within (Bat/ Moth) for this magical attack. Unlike the games that heavily slows them down to almost not moving, the opponents’ movements is reduced to ½ or ¼ speed, depending on the power of witch time through waiting period. For witch time to work, the opponent be very close to the witch, and must go through the starting delay without being damaged. For starting delay, the witch would compact herself and then expand. When witch time is used very frequently, the opponent’s movement speed is reduced to ½ for 0.5 seconds; otherwise, if witch time is used after full waiting period, the opponent’s movement speed is reduced to ¼ for 1.5 seconds.

· Magical Accessories

o Although the game has plenty that encourages different playstyles, there are a few items that give off different mechanics based on specified dynamic conditions. If used in smash, it would replace Witch Time as a magic attack

§ Evil Rosemary Harvest – Plants a dark-magic bomb in the field. Strength of the bomb will depend on opponent’s attack distance. If swarm within used when opponent is far, a bomb is planted with small explosion radius with 1 second delay. If swarm within is used when an opponent is close to the witch, a bomb is planted with a bigger explosion radius with a 0.5 second delay.

§ Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa – While it repels an enemy attack by hitting in the direction of enemy attack in the game, it would work quite differently in smash by treating it as a multi-purpose repel attack. This one does not use swarm within, but does require precise timing. If the witch uses Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa for a projectile, it reflects it in the opposite direction. If an opponent attacks and that move is used, the opponent will be stunned for 0.5 seconds, allowing the witch to set up a combo.

· Infernal Demons

o Powerful monsters that can be served as a final smash type move. There are candidates that can take the role, but must consider the multiplayer aspect of smash in addition to cannon elements from the games. However, only one demon can serve as the final smash. The demon must catch the opponents first before entering into the CLIMAX ATTACK. Afterwards, the player must rapidly tap special or attack button 20 times within 3 seconds to give a powerful blow. Otherwise when the Climax attack is not complete when time runs out, the demon would deal slightly weaker attacks.

§ Hekatoncheir – Demon with 6 hands. 4 are used to grab other fighters, 2 come out from the witch’s summoning hair to hold the caught fighters for a punching spree. If climax successful, then all 6 hands upper-cut the fighters with strong knockback. If climax fails, then the two holding hands slam on the fighters with decent but weaker damage. Appears as ally in Bayonetta 1 and 2.

And for humor, I whipped up the Medusa, which I wanted to do for quite a while but held back until now. I also had to watch a few playthroughs on Kid Icarus uprising chapters 1 and 9 to imagine how the actress who voiced medusa would talk to Bayonetta.

Medusa
Bayonetta: I remember getting into many lores of monsters, especially ones
originating from Greece. This one appears to represent a snake-haired gorgon.

Pit: That is Medusa, the enemy of sky world.
I know just enough to give you some useful tips.

Palutena: Sorry, Pit. Let my guidance do the work for you,

Jeanne: Out of my way! Let the real girl do the talking!

Rodin: Step aside, ladies! Medusa is just too evil for me to resist!

(The four speakers delve into hectic chatter)

Bayonetta: Oh Dear... When will all this chatter is going to stop?

Palutena: We can all take take turns.

Pit: Well why not let us kid icarus go first?

Jeanne: Well Medusa wasn't playable in the last smash, wasn't she?

Rodin: If you girls don't wanna go first, then I will!

(Medusa's rage builds up to the point that she screams and
uses her stone gaze to petrify Pit, Palutena, Jeanne, and Rodin to shut them up)

Bayonetta: I wonder who decided to finally shut them up? It was so annoying.

Medusa: That was me with the Medusa's glare. Unless they want to get stoned,
they ought to stay out of my sight! And that's not all that I can do.
Unlike that petty Palutena, who uses her magic to defend herself,
I can utilize mine to poison and weaken my foes to so it's easier for me
to finish them off. Finally, I can summon
a few minions to give a few surprises to my victims. It looks
like we will be resuming battle very soon, and it was
a great pleasure taking with you, Bayonetta.

(The four talkers suddenly break out of stone, confused and dizzy)

Pit: Wow... I feel so sleepy..

Palutena: What happened?

Bayonetta: You guys have been turned into stone because you decided to
talk out of turn.

Jeanne: At least we know plenty about dealing with Medusa in combat.

Rodin: Wow.. Not even my sunglasses can protect me from this curse.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Looking at earlier pages. Why was Sakurai at Platinum Games in 2012??? I honestly don't know about Bayonetta chances or not i would be thrilled and be the happiest man alive if i could see Bayonetta in Smash Brothers. What gets me though is the sexuality in Bayonetta. SEGA didn't put Bayonetta in Sonic Racing Transformed because they felt it would affect the games age rating. However Nintendo were the ones that sexulized Bayonetta in Bayonetta 2 and look how Sakurai sexulized ZSS in Smash 4 (Not saying it's a bad thing. Trust me it isn't) Not much worried about the guns even though that's her signature trait. It's like Snake in MGS, Snake carries either a SOCOM or Tranquilizer with him at all times. It's mostly seen in cut scenes it's his most used weapons!! Same goes for Bayonetta her guns is her weapons of choice but you can choose different weapons in game! I don't know though. At this point i guess it's up to the Smash Ballot and how many characters left is Sakurai willing to put in before he disbands the team. If she isn't in the game there's always the next game we just have to continue to show our support/love for the Character. Kamiya says him and Platinum love working at Nintendo and said one article he wished Nintendo would buy the company maybe we will see Bayonetta 3 as a NX exclusive.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
#TeamBayonetta.

Snake would be waste of time since he already was playable in Brawl, as much as I like the guy.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Don't understand the point of making a Smashify of a character that I can easily google a 3D Render for

He should be doing characters thatdon't have 3D Renders or their render is outdated

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
The smashfest does not decide who will be smashified but it shows a slice of the demand. I think she will get hers eventually.

Oh, theres some employees from PG that would want or be fine with being second party to the declining yet relevant Nintendo but it depends on the higher ups.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
So... Why casualy talking about Smash and Bayonetta, I made some research about the CERO ratings. Sure, she would be ok in Europe. My main "fear" was the ESRB, but I realised that I know too little about CERO.

And I realised that games such as Wonderful 101 or Hyrule Warriors, rated CERO B (12+), had the
icon.

Considering that Smash is rated A...

The question is: are DLCs made to be rated the same way?

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Well Bayonetta won the Smashified contest :smash:

I'm really hyped!! Also sad for my Friends over at the Snake thread! :crying:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Still waiting on Smashified Bayonet ta.

Also I think I should change my name from Witch Community

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
I hope to see Bayonetta as a playable character in Smash Bros., she is one of my candidates. :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom