• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bayonetta Summons the Climax! Updated OT. - (Old Bayonetta Support Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
You know, I think a costume of Pit from Kid Icarus: Uprising would have been pretty ironic, what with Bayonetta fighting angels. The costume could function similarly to Kid Icarus: Uprising in that you would be able to fire a charged shot if you held your fire long enough. You could also maybe gain higher jumps and the ability to glide.

Rayman!

Smash Cadet
NNID
mambur321
3DS FC
4122-5123-5521
Yea I tried the Bayonetta 2 demo and I must say it was amazing. Can't wait forward to trying Bayonetta 1 and 2 when I get them. Will most likely supersede my previous favourite stylish action game DMC4.

Getting Bayonetta and Wonder Red would be great. Considering Bayonetta is 3rd party (albeit exclusive), Wonder Red being 1st party has a higher chance. Although Bayonetta 2 definitely sold more than Wonderful 101.

And then there is always her mature nature which might make her hard to translate into an E game like Smash.
There was also a (im not sure)% off of games, and one of the Wii U games that had a discount was TW101, I thought that would've gave a chance for people to buy it, not sure if its still going it on though.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I just got a Wii U so I am still waiting for an eshop discount. My country is technically not an official "Nintendo" country so the Wii U cost me more than it should have anyway.

Bayo1+2 and W101 are up high on my list. I still have to get Smash as well.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
You know, if she did get in SSB4 as DLC, this would have to be her final smash.
If other characters can have allies come in to help them with Final smashes, then I dont see why she couldn't.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've been thinking, and despite the complaints that Bayonetta wouldn't fit in Smash (whether it's due to her gun usage, or losing her clothes for her more powerful attacks), there's a lot of material they can work with that wouldn't even involve any of that.

I'll put the moves that I came up with beneath a spoiler tag, since it wound up getting quite long.

A: Punch - her basic punch attack with Scarborough Fair

AA: Punch - her second punch attack with Scarborough Fair (like when you press Punch twice)

Rapid Attack: Hyakuretsukyaku - Bayonetta kicks rapidly, continuing while you press the button

Finisher: Flock Off! - Bayonetta finishes with a powerful kick to launch the opponents caught in the previous attack

Tilt Forward: Durga - Bayonetta claws with the fire version of Durga

Tilt Up: Odette - Bayonetta does a handstand, spinning around with Odette on her legs. Opponents hit by it are launched upwards

Tilt Down: Sweep Kick - Bayonetta sweeps her leg, like when you use Punch-Punch-Punch-Kick

Running Attack: Panther Within - turning into a panther mid-run, Bayonetta swipes in front of herself before returning to normal

Basic Air Attack: Punch - again, directly from Bayonetta - no surprises here.

Forward Air Attack: Takemikazuchi - Bayonetta swings the giant hammer; it's slow, but acts as a Meteor Smash if it connects

Back Air Attack: Sai Fung - Bayonetta swings the gun-chuks behind her, occasionally making a Bruce Lee noise in the process

Up Air Attack: Revolution Kick - Bayonetta spins around vertically, like what happens when you lock on to the opponent and press back and Kick in Bayonetta (though she doesn't launch into the air)

Down Air Attack: Red Hot Kick - similar to Zero Suit Samus or Sonic's down air attack, except Bayonetta strikes a pose similar to Viewtiful Joe's Red Hot Kick while doing this

Forward Smash: Dismissed! - Bayonetta draws her arms back while the move is charging, punching forward with both when the attack is released. When fully charged, a Wicked Weave fist appears, though it overlaps with her instead of appearing in front of her, so while it makes the attack's range larger, it's still reasonably sized. (the same thing goes for her other smash attacks)

Up Smash: Launcher - Bayonetta twirls her gun upwards, like the final blow when you punch, pause, and punch again. A Wicked Weave hand shoots out of the ground when fully charged.

Down Smash: Heel Stomp - Bayonetta stomps her foot on the ground, creating a small shockwave. A Wicked Weave foot appears alongside her when the move is fully charged.

Throw - Pummel: Pistol Whip - pretty straightforward; she hits the person who she grabbed with her pistol

Forward Throw: Tetsuzanko - she hip-checks the opponent, launching them up and away from her.

Back Throw: Suplex - identical to what she does in Bayonetta's opening cutscene to a long line of angels

Up Throw: Volley - she tosses them into the air and two of the arms of Hekatoncheir (the summon that's six giant arms) volley the opponent up higher

Down Throw: Under My Heel - similar to what she does to Glamor during their initial fight in Bayonetta 2, she repeatedly stomps on the opponent

B: Iai-Jutsu - Bayonetta pulls out Shuraba and charges it as long as the button is held down - the more that it's charged, the longer range the attack has when the button is released, up to a certain point. (Custom Specials: Pillow Talk (longer reach but less powerful) and Rakshasa (shorter range, but more powerful))

B-over: Stiletto - Bayonetta dashes forward with her arm outstretched, closing the distance with her opponent to hit them (Custom Specials: Kulshedra (Bayonetta stays in place while the whip flies forward instead; the range is similar to Stiletto, but Bayonetta doesn't move) and Lt. Colonel Kilgore (Bayonetta fires a pair of rockets behind herself to launch forward; longer range and more damaging, but can't recover afterwards))

B-up: Malphas' Wings - large crow wings sprout from Bayonetta's back as she flies in the direction that's being held, damaging whoever she collides with (Custom Specials: Crow Within (she doesn't fly as far, but at the end of the attack, she shoots out razor-sharp feathers, making it do more damage) and After Burner Kick (longer range, but less damage - Bayonetta launches up into the air feet-first))

B-down: Break Dance - Bayonetta spins around, damaging whatever gets caught in her dance moves (Custom Specials - Chain Chomp (longer range, but only the Chain Chomp attached to her leg can damage people) and Witch Twist (gives some recovery to the attack, as she launches into the air, but it doesn't do much damage))

Final Smash: Umbran Climax (alternatively, Madama Butterfly if the use of the word "Climax" is still too suggestive) - much like in Bayonetta 2, Bayonetta glows purple as all of her attacks get amped up significantly, with her summons appearing around her to assist. Her attacks increase in power and range, and a magic meter appears near her life bar similar to Little Mac's KO Punch. Once that runs out, she returns to normal.

Up Taunt: "Bring it!" - the same taunt that she does when using Love Is Blue

Side Taunt: "Come on!" - points at the opponent with her gun and flicks it upwards a few times, like what she did in Bayonetta 2's prologue against the angels

Down Taunt: "That all you've got?" - the same taunt that she does when using Alruna

Admittedly, this is my first time doing something this extensive, but it just goes to show how much there is to work with here.

Last edited:

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
Though if they did include Bayonetta, it would most liklely have her appearance be based off her second game. So she wouldnt use Scarborough Fair, she would use Love is Blue.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
She does get Scarborough Fair in the second one (I believe it and Shuraba are rewards for beating the game); I just tried to include weapons from both games, since I figure that her costumes would be similar to Olimar (four are her first game design, with the four team colours used, and four are her second game design with those same colours). Still, whether she uses Love Is Blue or Scarborough Fair, it would probably amount to the same thing.

Last edited:

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
Personally Id rather her fighting style simply be based around her guns, since thats what she specilized in. Her alternate weapons would make great items for others to use. Again, my personal opinion.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
That's fair. I think that part of the issue with Snake using guns was that they'd be really difficult to balance (seeing as they'd be incredibly fast projectiles that are nearly impossible to see), but I suppose when you fight her in Witch Trials (or when you fight Jeanne in general), the bullets become large red orbs so they can actually be dodged, so that could be an option.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
Taking material from just both of Bayo's games is nice and all, but what about anything from her appearance in Anarchy Reigns/Max Anarchy?

Altais

Smash Champion
Just finished the final chapter of Bayonetta 1. This is hands down one of the most challenging new-age games I have ever played, and one of the funniest. The storyline was top-notch, especially for an action game. I honestly was not expecting the story to be so complex.

I can't wait to start on Bayonetta 2. Though, I think I'll take a break for now. I've been playing all day and night...

Now that I've actually played the game, I can definitely see how Bayonetta could work in Smash. I might write a moveset for her and post it here.

[EDIT] Oh, and I also loved how they incorporated old symphonies in the game. Being the orchestral geek I am, I recognised pretty much every one of them. Did you know that Scarborough Fair is the name of an old English folk song?

Last edited:

Pallex

Smash Journeyman
Santa Rodin is coming for you Bayonetta fans.
Platinum Games posted the following message on Twitter earlier today:

https://twitter.com/platinumgames/status/547671143855828993
(Spoiler tags for size)

It’s basically a message saying that it’s Christmas Eve, and Rodin will have a present tomorrow. Fans are advised to check Platinum Games’ Facebook page. Platinum also shared the following English message on Twitter:
Let's see what Christmas gifts are coming this year.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
Soemthign I would love to see would be a Bayonetta 2 DLC which includes a new Balder Scenario, a new storyline from his point of view, to enable him to be playable in single player mode, with the option to play as Rodin in the balder story as well, like Jeanne and Rosa can be for Bayo's story. Maybe some DLC costumes for Bayo, Jeanne, Balder, Rodin, and Rosa.

I love the Bayonetta games, but there is absolutely no way she could be accurately portrayed in Smash. We're talking about a witch who uses hair as clothing, gets naked during her weaves, uses four guns at once (one for each limb), and has some really brutal (sexy?) finishers.

Altais

Smash Champion
I love the Bayonetta games, but there is absolutely no way she could be accurately portrayed in Smash. We're talking about a witch who uses hair as clothing, gets naked during her weaves, uses four guns at once (one for each limb), and has some really brutal (sexy?) finishers.
If they could make Solid Snake work, then I think they could certainly make Bayonetta work. For start, they could simply not remove her clothing when she performs Wicked Weaves. [Shrugs] Or they could just give her a different outfit altogether. To make her guns less realistic, they could change the bullets to lasers (similar to how Jeanne's bullets look when you fight her) or spheres of dark energy. Lastly, they could just remove all the blood. For instance, if Bayonetta performed Wicked Stomp Kick on Link, Ike, or whomever, instead of blood and carrion gushing everywhere, the kick could bury them into the ground, similar to Donkey Kong's side special.

Personally, I think Bayonetta would fit in Smash better than Solid Snake did, since, compared to Metal Gear, her games do have a more cartoony feel to them. Given that we already have Zero Suit Samus in a bikini, I don't really see how Bayonetta would be that much of an issue. [Shrugs] But that's just mine opinion.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, she is not naked during the wicked weaves. Only during big summons. And that's easy to censor with a cinematic (like Falcon/DHD/Shulk FS).

If they could make Solid Snake work, then I think they could certainly make Bayonetta work. For start, they could simply not remove her clothing when she performs Wicked Weaves. [Shrugs]
I have yet to play Bayonetta 2, but during boss battles, Bayonetta used a lot of wicked weaves, without getting stripped by each one. It was called "serious mode", and Smash is a serious battle :awesome:

Her guns are magic guns, by the way. So they are not the real guns that Sakurai despise.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I got Bayonetta 1 & 2 for Christmas. Playing through the first one now. A lot of fun and really intense.

If Bayonetta got in I'd love a remix of Jeanne's battle theme for the stage. What songs would you go for? Would they be remixes or straight ports?

Also I was thinking whatever Bayonetta's final smash is should involve the "Megaton" button mashing mechanic. Gomorrah would be an awesome final smash but I haven't played the second game yet so I don't know if there's something more appropriate.

I was thinking the same with the censoring summons, the screen could fill up with her hair after she launches the attack and then the cinematic jumps straight to Gomorrah chomping on the fighters. (or whatever the summon is)

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Just started on Bayonetta 2 and am really liking it so far; it's even more hilarious than the first game. The battle mechanics have improved SIGNIFICANTLY. Also love the new gameplay features. The story looks very promising thus far. Can't wait to try out the mech things that were featured at the beginning. The Loki brat is a little annoying, but aside from that, no complaints whatsoever.

I got Bayonetta 1 & 2 for Christmas. Playing through the first one now. A lot of fun and really intense.

If Bayonetta got in I'd love a remix of Jeanne's battle theme for the stage. What songs would you go for? Would they be remixes or straight ports?

Also I was thinking whatever Bayonetta's final smash is should involve the "Megaton" button mashing mechanic. Gomorrah would be an awesome final smash but I haven't played the second game yet so I don't know if there's something more appropriate.

I was thinking the same with the censoring summons, the screen could fill up with her hair after she launches the attack and then the cinematic jumps straight to Gomorrah chomping on the fighters. (or whatever the summon is)
Personally, I think the song "Tomorrow is Mine" would work really well on the Port Town Aero Drive (F-Zero) stage.

From Bayonetta 1, this is one of mine personal favourite songs:

I think it would be PERFECT for the Battleship Halberd stage.

As for a Final Smash, I think Umbran Climax (featured in the second game) would work really well. I thought of Witch Time at first, but that would be too similar to the clock item or Shadow the Hedgehog's Chaos Control--thus, I think Witch Time would be better off as a counter move.

I too got Bayonetta 1+2 for Christmas, though I gotta ask, should I play the first or second, first?
Since Bayonetta has a very complex storyline, I would definitely recommend playing the first game before the second game. In the second game, they reference a load of stuff that WILL confuse newcomers whom have not played the first game.

Altais

Smash Champion
Double-post, I know, but...

I just finished playing Bayonetta 2. This game...was absolutely amazing. It is one of those very few cases where the sequel is just as good as, if not better, than the predecessor.

I love the new weapons and the new and improved gameplay mechanics. Though I mostly stuck with the default guns, I absolutely LOVED the bow-and-arrow, which I often paired with the double-blades.

The storyline, once again, was top-notch, especially for an action-based game, and the characters were great. Bayonetta is as saucy as ever, and Luka is even more hilarious than he was in the previous game--I also love his new look; absolutely snazzy, but not too showy. Loki, though a little bratty at first, turns out to be a great character toward the end. I also really liked the Masked Lumen, whose name I will not reveal due to spoilers--it is absolutely amazing that Crispin Freeman voices him; he is one of mine favourite voice actors of all time. That's when you know you've been playing too many games and watching too many cartoons--when you start to recognise the voice actors by ear alone. Lastly, Rodin is a freaking BEAST!!

What more can I say? This was an awesome game. I cannot believe I actually considered skipping this series.

After giving it some thought, I think Platinum Games should totally develop the next Kid Icarus game. I think they would do an outstanding job.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Personally, I would have loved to see Platinum develop a Star Fox game. I know that Nintendo's developing the next one, but after playing the last level of Bayonetta 2, particularly with the Fox costume, it's hard for me to not think of all of the possibilities!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Personally, I would have loved to see Platinum develop a Star Fox game. I know that Nintendo's developing the next one, but after playing the last level of Bayonetta 2, particularly with the Fox costume, it's hard for me to not think of all of the possibilities!
Too bad Kamiya himself said "Screw Star Fox!" and other variations on his account, making that wish sadly impossible. Hell, he would have done a great job with the combat and flying sections for the new Star Fox game. In terms of PG's next work, I'll just get my hopes down and say that it's an original game that will be PS4 exclusive considering Scalebound's existence. :(

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
I'm sure none of you played the incredibly awesome (albeit largely unkown) Max Anarchy/ Anarchy Reigns but she was in it as a DLC character and it really showed how her moveset potential could be fit into a game with a smaller pool of attacks (Such as Smash).
I think I'm going to make a post soon, one with a detailed, sensible and accurate moveset that could work for her and I will even explain ways that Nintendo could tone her down and censor things to the point that they are even tamer than ZSS' two piece alternate costume.
Challenge accepted (Hardcore Bayo fan here)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I played it; haven't really used Bayonetta much, though, since by the time that DLC was available, I had done everything but beat the game on hard mode (where it seems to take a massive leap in difficulty, if I recall correctly) and unlocked the character model for the combat version of Barbot. (which is a ludicrously overpowered opponent who I generally only have a minute to beat by the time that I reach the fight with him in Survival mode)

Segaguycrazy

Smash Rookie
Honestly, I would definitely love to see Bayonetta as a playable character. Personally speaking, she would actually represent her home company pretty well, in regards of the non-Sonic aspects of it and since there are various Sega references abound in the Bayonetta series.

Altais

Smash Champion
You know, I think Luka would be a pretty cool and funny Assist Trophy in Smash. What he could do is repeatedly swing across the stage on one of his grappling hooks, and if he collides with someone, he will grab them and fly off the screen, resulting in a guaranteed KO. I think it would be good way of representing the comical side of the Bayonetta series, as opposed to a more serious character like Jeanne, Rodin, or the Masked Lumen being an Assist Trophy.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
So out of boredom, I compiled a series of .gifs to represent what I think would make an effective move set for Bayonetta, if she gets into SSB4 as DLC. I figure, if Mewtwo can get in as DLC, then so can other characters as well. It was something I made for a group on tumblr, but I feel like cross posting it.

But not just her, I also imagine that with her would come possible stage DLC, music to play on said stage, and maybe even assist trophies. So this post is not only how I imagine Bayonetta her self would play, but also list possible, music, items, and assist characters who might come along with this special "Bayonetta Pack".

First off, the Bayonetta Universe symbol, like the Zelda universe having the Triforce, and the Mario universe being the Mushroom, I feel the only suitable symbol for the Bayonetta Universe is the Umbran Witch Insignia.

COSTUMES
For costumes, I wanted to do something similar to Bowser Jr., instead of simple re-colors, each of her eight outfits are full on alternate costumes. The last three having her take on the appearance of other characters, again like Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings.

• Blue: Bayonetta's default outfit from the second game.
  • White: The outfit Bayonetta wears in the second games prologue sequence.
  • Red: Bayonetta's default outfit from the first game.
  • White: The outfit Bayonetta wears in the first games prologue sequence.
  • Black: Bayonetta's outfit from 500 years ago, seen in flash back sequences in both games.
  • Jeanne/Red: Costume that has Bayonetta replaced with her friend Jeanne. Includes voice clip changes.
  • Rosa/Orange: Costume that has Bayonetta replaced with her mother Rosa. Includes voice clip changes.
  • Umbran Apprentice/Brown: Costume that has Bayonetta replaced with the appearance of an Umbran Witch Apprentice.
MOVE SET
First off, Moveset for the Wonderful Witch her self. Rather than giving her different attacks based off her various weapons, I feel all of her attacks, outside of Animal Transformations, should focus on what she can use with just her guns.

Yes she is a capable fighter with any weapon, but since her guns are her most iconic weapon, I feel they should be the only ones she’d use in her smash bros appearance. Note if the move she performs in a .gif has a name, it will be listed. If it doesn’t, a name describing the ability will be listed instead.

Note: as a Special Gimmick, when attacking with her standard attacks, holding down the attack button after pressing it will cause her to shoot magical bullets, just like in the Bayonetta series.

SPECIALS
  • Neutral Special: Charge Bullet

• Default:
    Charge energy to fire several rapid fire shots.
    • Variation 1: Charges a massive orb of magic energy in her gun then fires it. Functions similarly to Samus’s Charge Shot.
    • Variation 2: Instantly rapid fire small magic orbs from her gun. Functions similarly to Palutena’s Autoreticle.

• Side Special: Panther Within

• Default:
    Transforms into a panther and dashes forward at double standard speed. Press the button again to perform a slashing claw attack.
    • Variation 1: Transforms into a panther and dashes forward at triple standard speed. Transformation lasts only a short period of time, no slash attack.
    • Variation 2: Transforms into a panther and dashes a short distance before performing a powerful slash attack.

• Up Special: Crow Within

• Default:
    Transforms into a crow and gains height as if from a 3rd jump. She will slowly descent while in crow form, and players are able to maneuver her as she descends. Functions similarly to Palutena’s Jump Glide.
    • Variation 1: Transforms into a crow and feather darts will float around her forming a damaging shield as she descends. Functions similarly to Megaman’s Lief Shield.
    • Variation 2: Transforms into a crow and darts in player generated direction. Functions similarly to Pikachu’s Quick Attack.

• Down Special: Witch Time

• Default: Strikes a pose, and if struck, Bayonetta will both counter the attack and the enemies movement will slow down if the attack hits, as if under the effect of the Timer item, for a short period of time.
    • Variation 1: Strikes a pose, and if struck, Bayonetta will vanish then appear behind opponent and perform a meteor smash on the enemy from behind. Functions similarly to Lucario’s Double Team.
    • Variation 2: Strikes a pose, and gains a temporary boost in movement and attack speed, at the cost of strength.
STANDARD
  • Jab Attack: Standard Punch Combo
  • Dash Attack: Stiletto
  • Ledge Recovery Attack: Arching Heel Stomp
  • Ground Recovery Attack: Rising Spin Kick
Tilt Attacks
  • Forward Tilt: Tetsuzanko
  • Up Tilt: High Kick
  • Down Tilt: Sweeping Spin Kick
Smash Attacks
  • Side Smash: Straight Punch Wicked Weave
  • Up Smash: Uppercut Punch Wicked Weave
  • Down Smash: Stomping Heel Wicked Weave
Aerial Attacks
  • Neutral Aerial: Rotating Heel Gun Kick
  • Forward Aerial: After Burner Kick
  • Back Aerial: Three-Hit Kick Combo
  • Up Aerial: Witch Strike
  • Down Aerial: Long Fall Heel Drop
Throws
  • Pummel: Back and Forth Toss Torture Attack
    (a.k.a.”Bayonetta Smash!”)
  • Forward Throw: Spin and Throw Torture Attack
  • Up Throw: Air Bear Trap Torture Attack
  • Back Throw: Iron Maiden Torture Attack
  • Down Throw: Anarchy Reigns Heel Confetti Stomp
Misc
  • Dodge Animation: Bat Within Technique
Final Smash
Infernal Demon Summon: Omne The Controller of Creation
MUSIC
Music is a big part of the Smash Bros. series, so with the inclusion of a DLC Character whos series has no representation till their inclusion, music and stages will obviously be part of the DLC. There will be two categories, music that will be on both the 3DS and Wii U version, and music exclusive to the Wii U version.

Music in both SSB4-3DS/Wii U
Music exclusive to SSB4-Wii U
Misc
ASSIST TROPHY
Assist Trophies have become an essential in terms of items of the Smash Bros. series. So here I’m going to list off Bayonetta characters whom I think would make great Assist Trophies to represent the Bayonetta Universe.

Balder

The Biological Father of Bayonetta, and her rival in the second game. As an Assist Trophy, he will attack with his weapon, the Holy Glaive, in conjunction with powerful magics. He will function similarly to Ghirahim and Phosphora, teleporting and performing various different attacks.
  • Attack 1: Holy Glaive combo
  • Attack 2: Light Beam
  • Attack 3: Giant Glaive Projection

• Challenger Approaching Template Image (x)
  • Video sources for gif's (x), (x), (x), (x), (x), (x), (x), (x), (x), (x), (x), (x), (x), (x), (x)
You see this is the sort of thing I do when I'm bored ...

Last edited:

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
After having played and beaten Bayo 1 + 2 with my girlfriend, i gotta say Bayonetta definitely should have been in Smash. She is incredibly fun and likable.

Also:

So out of boredom, I compiled a series of .gifs to represent what I think would make an effective move set for Bayonetta, if she gets into SSB4 as DLC. I figure, if Mewtwo can get in as DLC, then so can other characters as well. It was something I made for a group on tumblr, but I feel like cross posting it.

But not just her, I also imagine that with her would come possible stage DLC, music to play on said stage, and maybe even assist trophies. So this post is not only how I imagine Bayonetta her self would play, but also list possible, music, items, and assist characters who might come along with this special "Bayonetta Pack".

First off, the Bayonetta Universe symbol, like the Zelda universe having the Triforce, and the Mario universe being the Mushroom, I feel the only suitable symbol for the Bayonetta Universe is the Umbran Witch Insignia.

COSTUMES
For costumes, I wanted to do something similar to Bowser Jr., instead of simple re-colors, each of her eight outfits are full on alternate costumes. The last three having her take on the appearance of other characters, again like Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings.

• Black: Bayonetta's outfit from 500 years ago, seen in flash back sequences in both games.
  • Jeanne/Red: Costume that has Bayonetta replaced with her friend Jeanne. Includes voice clip changes.
  • Rosa/Orange: Costume that has Bayonetta replaced with her mother Rosa. Includes voice clip changes.
  • Umbran Apprentice/Brown: Costume that has Bayonetta replaced with the appearance of an Umbran Witch Apprentice.
MOVE SET
First off, Moveset for the Wonderful Witch her self. Rather than giving her different attacks based off her various weapons, I feel all of her attacks, outside of Animal Transformations, should focus on what she can use with just her guns.

Yes she is a capable fighter with any weapon, but since her guns are her most iconic weapon, I feel they should be the only ones she’d use in her smash bros appearance. Note if the move she performs in a .gif has a name, it will be listed. If it doesn’t, a name describing the ability will be listed instead.

Note: as a Special Gimmick, when attacking with her standard attacks, holding down the attack button after pressing it will cause her to shoot magical bullets, just like in the Bayonetta series.

SPECIALS

• Default:
    • Variation 1: Charges a massive orb of magic energy in her gun then fires it. Functions similarly to Samus’s Charge Shot.
    • Variation 2: Instantly rapid fire small magic orbs from her gun. Functions similarly to Palutena’s Autoreticle.

• Default:
    Transforms into a panther and dashes forward at double standard speed. Press the button again to perform a slashing claw attack.
    • Variation 1: Transforms into a panther and dashes forward at triple standard speed. Transformation lasts only a short period of time, no slash attack.
    • Variation 2: Transforms into a panther and dashes a short distance before performing a powerful slash attack.

• Default:
    Transforms into a crow and gains height as if from a 3rd jump. She will slowly descent while in crow form, and players are able to maneuver her as she descends. Functions similarly to Palutena’s Jump Glide.
    • Variation 1: Transforms into a crow and feather darts will float around her forming a damaging shield as she descends. Functions similarly to Megaman’s Lief Shield.
    • Variation 2: Transforms into a crow and darts in player generated direction. Functions similarly to Pikachu’s Quick Attack.

• Default: Strikes a pose, and if struck, Bayonetta will both counter the attack and the enemies movement will slow down if the attack hits, as if under the effect of the Timer item, for a short period of time.
    • Variation 1: Strikes a pose, and if struck, Bayonetta will vanish then appear behind opponent and perform a meteor smash on the enemy from behind. Functions similarly to Lucario’s Double Team.
    • Variation 2: Strikes a pose, and gains a temporary boost in movement and attack speed, at the cost of strength.
STANDARD
Tilt Attacks
Smash Attacks
Aerial Attacks
Throws
Misc
Final Smash
MUSIC
Music is a big part of the Smash Bros. series, so with the inclusion of a DLC Character whos series has no representation till their inclusion, music and stages will obviously be part of the DLC. There will be two categories, music that will be on both the 3DS and Wii U version, and music exclusive to the Wii U version.

Misc
ASSIST TROPHY
Assist Trophies have become an essential in terms of items of the Smash Bros. series. So here I’m going to list off Bayonetta characters whom I think would make great Assist Trophies to represent the Bayonetta Universe.

Balder

The Biological Father of Bayonetta, and her rival in the second game. As an Assist Trophy, he will attack with his weapon, the Holy Glaive, in conjunction with powerful magics. He will function similarly to Ghirahim and Phosphora, teleporting and performing various different attacks.

• Video sources for gif's (x), (x), (x), (x), (x), (x), (x), (x), (x), (x), (x), (x), (x), (x), (x)
This.
Hope she'll be DLC.

Altais

Smash Champion

COSTUMES

MOVE SET

SPECIALS

• Default:

• Default:

• Default:

STANDARD
Tilt Attacks
Smash Attacks
Aerial Attacks
Throws
Misc
Final Smash
MUSIC

Misc
ASSIST TROPHY

Balder

Very interesting. I thought of a VERY similar moveset, only mine had a special gimmick. Similar to Little Mac's power meter, in mine moveset Bayonetta had a magick gauge consisting of five pearls. Said gauge would fill every time you landed a successful combo. At the end of Bayonetta's jab combo, the player could either launch the opponent vertically, horizontally, or stomp them in the ground. If there is enough magick in the gauge, the ending hit would be a Wicked Punch or Kick--otherwise, it would just be a regular attack. All Wicked Punch & Kicks deplete one pearl. If all five pearls are filled, the player can press B & A simultaneously to execute a Torture Attack that can kill very early--but as a price, the magick gauge is emptied.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
I included a gimmick my self, simply holding an attack button during standard attacks will allow her to shoot magic bullets, like she can in her series. Its a simple one, but at the same time would definitely change the flow of battle. Though yours sounds interesting.

I'm just happy with how it turned out, it took me weeks to put together, mainly for looking for videos to .gif, .gif'ing them, then cropping them down. It was a lot of fun to make, im especially happy with the moves i selected for her throws. I simply couldn't bring my self not to include her torture attacks, but I couldn't see them as her specials.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

COSTUMES

MOVE SET

SPECIALS

• Default:

• Default:

• Default:

STANDARD
Tilt Attacks
Smash Attacks
Aerial Attacks
Throws
Misc
Final Smash
MUSIC

Misc
ASSIST TROPHY

Balder

Megaton post!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ooh, add me to the support list. c:

While I personally believe the whole toning down thing would be a challenge, if they pull it off right, it'd be great. And I agree she isn't that likely (Wonder Red may happen sooner because Mewtwo treatment), but she'd be cool to have.

:phone:

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Don't know if it means anything, but Nintendo sent out a press release celebrating Women's History Month, and Bayonetta was one of the characters included.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1013065

Bayonetta is a sassy and incredibly stylish witch with pistol-stilettos and a vendetta against the armies of angels and demons that hunt her. She’s a force to be reckoned with, an ally to her best friend and fellow witch Jeanne and doesn’t take flak from anybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom