• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villians - Theories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Showmethesmash

Smash Rookie
Interested in all thoughts on this. Bowser and DeDeDe are the only villains at this stage. There are 36 characters (1 for the miis.... Don't care) and only 2 villains. In my opinion this is well past coincidence now. We also know very little about the stage bosses as well, who are presumably evil, Thoughts?

I can see one last trailer before launch just unloading a whole stack of villains on us. Ganon, Ridley, Mk, Wario, ghirahim, Mew2, King K Rool, Kamek, Dark Link etc all there ready to rumble. Imagine the fun they could have with it, one reveal after another. Would this be possible?

I have also heard the rumour that part of the wii u added functionality will be controlling bosses with the game pad, which could be a cool casual addition, maybe they are saving some for something like this? Obviously stage bosses will be villains as well, so this would explain holding them back.

Or maybe there just are no villains in this edition of the game?

Last edited:

Tenchi Boom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TenchiBoom
It's obvious Wario, Ganondorf and Meta Knight will be back. It is odd how only two have been shown so far, but I doubt he's leaving it for something big. A villain trailer would be cool though.

Then Daisy comes and saves the day~! <3

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I can see one last trailer before launch just unloading a whole stack of villains on us. Ganon, Ridley, Mk, Wario, ghirahim, Mew2, King K Rool, Kamek, Dark Link etc all there ready to rumble. Imagine the fun they could have with it, one reveal after another. Would this be possible?
This was actually an idea I had back at E3.
I thought that maybe at the very end, right before Nintendo left, that they would show this, and maybe it would tie into that Robot Chicken thing with Reggie fighting Wario and Ganondorf.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I doubt Meta Knight would be part of it since he hasn't been evil in forever, he's even a good guy in SSE.

I could see a Ganondorf, Wolf + Ridley/K. Rool trailer, maybe Wario too but whether he's evil or not is also arguable. It'd be absolutely fantastic, really ticked at the lack of villains, it was a bigger problem than the lack of female characters imo.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
King Dedede was only a villain for one game, and all relevant remakes. Every other time, he's either been misunderstood, or under the control of another. Sakurai even reflected this in his role in Subspace Emissary. That said, for all intents and purposes, he could show up as a villain in such a trailer, and when the Smash cast is at their mercy, betray the bad guys. >:]

@ MasterOfKnees MasterOfKnees is more or less right. Meta Knight is an anti-hero, though sometimes his absolutist ways are cruel, cold-hearted and unfair for the denizens of Dreamland, so even if he vies for a better world, he doesn't always do it the way Kirby would like him to. Like Dedede, he can be a tragic villain as well. Of course for theatrical purposes, both will do just fine, as I'm sure Mr. Sakurai will portray them correctly.

Poor King Dedede... Always gets dragged into things by the true evil.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Currently, Bowser is the only real villain and even he isn't always. Ganondorf would bring the total to two. The rest (Dedede, Metaknight and Wolf) are more of an anti-hero. Wario isn't even a villain anymore. Mewtwo was only evil in the first movie.
So yeah, adding more real villains would be nice.
And if not, we could always complain. It worked for this game when we complained about the lack of female characters in Brawl. :troll:

P.S. By adding more villains I'm not talking about adding villains because they're villains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom