• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villager's Counter to Bayonetta's Smash Attacks (and Mario jank)

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Look what I found through some random labbing:

If you can't watch, two things are being shown here:

-Mario may or may not be able to change the direction of Bayo's fsmash with cape, depending on timing. If performed before the portal begins to open, the smash will launch in the opposite direction. However, if the portal has already opened, it's too late - he can turn Bayonetta around, but the fsmash is still going to hit him.

-Villager's pocket renders him immune to Bayo's smash attacks. He doesn't put anything in his pocket, but he also takes no damage from it and he has time to punish before her lag finishes.

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
Villager's Pocket just has invincibility frames on it. Combined with b-reversing, it makes for a solid landing mixup. The cape thing is funny.

David Viran

Smash Lord
This is interesting but I don't see a real reason for villager to use pocket to punish bayo's smash attacks when you can just shield.

BlackCephie

Smash Journeyman
This is interesting but I don't see a real reason for villager to use pocket to punish bayo's smash attacks when you can just shield.
For that matter, you shouldnt be using Bayo's smash attacks without setup anyways.

Top Bottom