• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(very) amateur marth, need critics!!!

xXGrieverXx (Hayate)

Smash Cadet

Stevo

Smash Champion
with a title like that and 1 post I expected worse

Im pretty sure most of the advice you are gonna get is to Play Human players

head to some local tournies, you'll learn the most that way.

dont play against level 9s anymore... you already have some bad habbits built up that you are gonna need to take out as it is.

good luck and happy smashing :)

EDIT: I should have mentioned, its mindgames and the general mindset you need against human players that your lacking. again... human players will help develop that

xXGrieverXx (Hayate)

Smash Cadet
lol im actually aware of all of that (the bad habits building up), but your right, i do need human players to go against.

plus theres not a lot of human players around (...)

adonnis85

Smash Apprentice
if you are reliant on your c-stick (many MANY marths) try practicing with level one cpu's but if you arent then go to training mode, but only practice your tech skill and some combos... juggling cpu's is useless because they don't DI so you can utilt/uair them FOREVER... humans dont give up when recovering like cpu's do hit them out of their 3rd jump and they dont even try to come abck ledge hopped bairs are usually better against a fox as are dairs because standing aimlessly at the ledge rarely works with their versitile, yet laggy, recovery... keep on practicing your lcancelling, and try to throw in some wave dashing when you really get the hang of it... sprint in wave dash back and punish their whiffed attack with an fsmash... suprisingly most ppl know about this but still fall for it 9 out of 10 times... and dont use counter really at all ... the only time i use it is when im stuck in a nasty combo and i think i might have time to get it out before they end it with the finisher(falcon's knee) because in that situation if you don't do it or whiff with it you will have the same result but on the times when it does work you get the chance to tack some more damage on b4 you lose that stock... and you werent TOO bad... i was expecting ALOT worse when i saw the join date, post count, and title

edit: gotta love run on sentences

xXGrieverXx (Hayate)

Smash Cadet
thats what the guy above said ^_^ ( thought that i was really bad because of the title, i guess i dont have much confidence on what other people will say.)

but, yeah, ill keep all that in mind

*goes to practice techs*

adonnis85

Smash Apprentice
better to say you are terrible than to say you are the new smash god... at least no one will flame you for underestimating yourself

flaco

The Terminator
um l cancel,learn wd,learn short hop marth has a complex game example like wd to fsmash or other tactics and don't fight against the computer no good also um use marth range the strongest part of marth game is the tip of his blade also um learn dash dancing fake out your opponent I realize that your even called yourself a noob but you will need alot of practice marth games is easy to master but hard to make combos and play with him.Oh one more thing fox and falco destroys Marth is just the tiers.

0nion

Smash Rookie
From what I can see (and don't take this the wrong way, I'm about as good as you are) you d-tilt WAY too much, which I assume came from playing a computer. Spam fsmash as much as possible, and try to shuffle a bit more. Marth's dsmash is also fairly reliable when it comes to popping up opponents for combos, but I assume with DI it might not be as reliable as I think it is.

Casture

Smash Apprentice
One thing I noticed you doing that I did alot when I first learned basic Marth tech was using nair alot. I would love it and still do, but fair is Marth's attack. It's alot easier to keep your distance with fair than nair. Plus you can do the godly Ken combos off the stage. Learn to do two fairs in one short hop, not fast fallen.

Casture

Smash Apprentice
Sooo, I'm double posting cause it won't let me edit.

When I critiqued earlier, I hadn't watched the 3rd video. That showed abit more fairs. UUMmmmm, also, I find that the only reason I ever use the Shield Breaker is when I'm trying to outreach someone or trying to finish a combo when every other attack is too short.

dude225

Smash Apprentice
...hmm... i would say your pretty good for being so new, and not playing ppl...

some advice... try and keep your distance... marth's tip is not only his most powerful offense, its his best defense... if you learn to keep ppl at that distance when you want to, then that will keep u safer, 'cuz they cant reach you...

im not saying, hilt hit doesnt have its uses, but just learn spacing

also, u spam nair... not horrible, but its one of those habits that cpus die from, but ppl see right through.... try different approaches like fairs, wd
f-smashes, and also run in and wd out then in again and grab...

so yeah...

Top Bottom