• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vacuum Side-B and Green Missile Up-B?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I was thinking about how to integrate a Vacuum into Luigi's Moveset, everyone loves his down-b and side-b. Fireballs are very useful as well. So how about an Up-B? That doesn't make sense though, you will need a recovery move like the Green Missile.

That is when it hit me! How about making Green Missile his Up-B, and can now be aimed like Fox's Up-B. This will give Luigi tremendous recovery and his misfire will be even more deadly that it can be aimed. Maybe as a nerf it could have longer start up time, however he will stall himself in the air for 0.5 seconds. This is seriously just a rough draft from a Luigi main, I know it as flaws it probably isn't a good idea. However I just want to change up how Luigi is played to make him feel brand new.

Now on to the Side-B is a brand new move called "Poltergeist 5000". When Luigi holds Side-B, he holds the P5K like the Cracker Launcher. Luigi can move around when this is happening like when holding the Cracker Launcher. The vacuum does 3% damage every half a second. The vacuum sucks the enemies toward Luigi, making them trip. This move can be used effectively with smash attacks and grabs to punish the enemy. If use in mid-air, it will make the enemy fall as if he has been footstooled.

I know this needs a bunch of tweaks, but I would appreciate constructive feedback.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
I feel like that would make his already bad recovery even worse because green missile has like no priority.

R&B

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking about this today, and one thing to consider about Luigi's vacuum is that in Luigi's Mansion it is very slow and it can only do a few things.
So to integrate a new Luigi attack they would have to pick something from his only game and also make it suit the meta- by making it fast.
And the only things I can think of would be to make him spit fire/ice ect spirits and give him a changing side taunt like samus.
Or give him a move almost identical to Villager's by making his neutral b a projectile steal via his vacuum, he could have a Yoshi esque ability were he sucks them up into his vacuum momentarily, but that attack wouldn't work well with the rest of his kit IMO.
If the devs ever want to change his neutral b(the only ability that really needs changing IMO) it will probably have to be something along the line of him using elemental spirits because they can be the most creative with it, and bend the abilities around most to fit his kit while still making it a move related to his only game.

Burning Boom

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking about this today, and one thing to consider about Luigi's vacuum is that in Luigi's Mansion it is very slow and it can only do a few things.
So to integrate a new Luigi attack they would have to pick something from his only game and also make it suit the meta- by making it fast.
And the only things I can think of would be to make him spit fire/ice ect spirits and give him a changing side taunt like samus.
Or give him a move almost identical to Villager's by making his neutral b a projectile steal via his vacuum, he could have a Yoshi esque ability were he sucks them up into his vacuum momentarily, but that attack wouldn't work well with the rest of his kit IMO.
If the devs ever want to change his neutral b(the only ability that really needs changing IMO) it will probably have to be something along the line of him using elemental spirits because they can be the most creative with it, and bend the abilities around most to fit his kit while still making it a move related to his only game.
Only game? You forgot Mario is Missing :troll:

Top Bottom