• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Hey all, Provo Game Den weekly tonight is Smash for Wii U teams followed by PM singles tonight. Be there yo. First one starts at 6 PM, be there on time.

wu-tang

Smash Rookie
hey guys, if anyone is interested there is a free 32' toshiba and 27 sony trinintron on CL right now. but i cant post links so... heres the last part of the links
toshiba
/zip/4932343807.html
trinitron
/zip/4933174096.html
first part is just the regular saltlakecity.craigslist.org

Last edited:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I had to add the directory he linked to "My Drive" in order to be able to view the files.
Well, it loads for me now! All I did was go to sleep and wake up. XD

Also, I noticed I'm not even on the P:M list anywhere. How far back do these statistics go?

ur goin down next time. im gonna go study the matchup and 6-0 ur ftilting needle-jank scrub *** :p
You're trying too hard.

Last edited:

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
looks like someone copied the smash 4 ratings over the pm ratings. they should be fixed now. if you want to sort a column, just hover over the column letter, press the triangle, then click sort sheet a->z or sort sheet z->a. and the information for the ratings goes as far back as fanx from last year.

Last edited:

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
@ Perfect Chaos Perfect Chaos 's losses:
net1234 -- 8/4/0
Jekyll -- 1/1/0
CT | ZeRo -- 0/2/0
DuskMarthWater -- 0/1/0
Yaz -- 1/1/0
C!Z -- 0/1/0
Jelly -- 0/1/0

@ Hatch Backward Hatch Backward 's losses:
JPeGImage -- 0/1/0
DuskMarthWater -- 0/1/0
Rockmix -- 0/1/0
MPW -- 0/1/0
Aria♪ -- 0/1/0
Charliezard -- 0/1/0
Pumpk1nz -- 0/1/0
Shylock -- 0/1/0
Eddie -- 0/1/0
Daze -- 0/1/0
-Mars- -- 0/1/0

@ Perfect Chaos Perfect Chaos only has losing records to out-of-state players and has an equal or winning record against all other utah players. you have loses against several lower-ranked utah players and have yet to beat @Aria♪ who was--and perhaps still is--like the gatekeeper for the scene. makes sense to me :-p.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
@ Perfect Chaos Perfect Chaos only has losing records to out-of-state players and has an equal or winning record against all other utah players. you have loses against several lower-ranked utah players and have yet to beat @Aria♪ who was--and perhaps still is--like the gatekeeper for the scene. makes sense to me :-p.
Is it possible to publish the data that you're referencing for this as part of the ranking doc? Being able to view match history would be nice.

...but I may just be spoiled by http://www.garpr.com

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
i know we were gonna do a garpr-type thing for our scene, but then @ Sinz Sinz left the scene. he was gonna help @ Tsuteto Tsuteto with making a website and stuff. the only thing you really need to worry about though, @ Jekyll Jekyll , is marth. almost everyone who's beaten you was a marth :-p.

SoapSuds

Smash Apprentice
Yo net, the taut canceling code isn't as cool as you'd think it would be. The sound cancels for a lot of things, like jumps and moves and other taunts, not nearly as good as PM/64.

Also, I think Utah should use 20xxTE. I also think we should use frozen stages. Should frozen pokemon be a starter though? No counterpicks?

Pyr

Smash Lord
Don't see why not. Frozen PS is basically Battlefield without a platform and different ledges.

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Alright, so here's my thoughts on the 20xxTE pack:

Yes, base line is it's good. But it's going to present some problems within the community.

Here's what is good:
*Settings on boot - Less time for me to care on set up.
*Settings lock - Don't have to worry about people messing with stuff (though I'll have to see how it's implemented before full opinion)
*Stage striking - Enough said.
*Keep the training portion of 20xx - This sounds weird, but "added mod" packs sometimes get rid of good base things like this, so everyone can use it.
*Widescreen support - Works for my monitors, works for streams, I'm sold. As long as it's done, y'know, right. Like, not "stretched screen" support.

Here's what isn't good:
*Frozen stages - This is a can of worms, will discuss further down.
*Hitlag behavior - This shouldn't be a tournament option, sorry. The latest version is 1.02, that's what it should be, not a possibility to "regress" behavior.
*Community division - With so many options, it's going to cause splits in the community as to what should be right and wrong, and it'll be a ***** to actually solve out.

The "degree" of what isn't good weighs about the same of what is good. They work for TOs, but also present problems for tournaments, if that makes sense. The BIGGEST change since it's early announcement is going to be frozen stages:

Frozen stages - To many, seems like a no brainer. This eliminates the random factors of stages, and thus will improve competitive play. But, now we're going to have two divisions of people: Purists and new-agers. I think you can pretty well determine who is who. And 20xxTE isn't going to give an answer, simply because of this line: "Will your local tournament scene incorporate Frozen Stadium into their starter stages? The choice is yours." I'm sorry, that's just bull****. I need to do research on the whole "counter pick" theory thing that's been brought up, but as tournaments have stood for awhile, for one if we're going to "add" a starter stage, means we have to drop one. Furthermore, why isn't FoD a part of that random chance? Last I checked, platforms were kind of random :/ They may be on a set path, but someone would have to figure that out. The platforms have screwed over several people from my experience.

Again, reasserting my initial statement, the pack is good. But it's presenting problems that, honestly, kind of miff me. Could be me being miffed in other regards as well, but early on something is going to have to be determined to solve things out, and make a better public release for everyone.

I'll support, I'll aim to get the edition early on as the TO of the area. But holy hell, Smash is making my life hell guys.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
i know we were gonna do a garpr-type thing for our scene, but then @ Sinz Sinz left the scene. he was gonna help @ Tsuteto Tsuteto with making a website and stuff. the only thing you really need to worry about though, @ Jekyll Jekyll , is marth. almost everyone who's beaten you was a marth :-p.
I'm getting a server shortly.
I've got a domain name (utahsmash.rocks (right now it just redirects to the very last page of this thread)).

I can make a website soon... I have to make a few things first.

I'm still intending to help Tim with making a site. I've given him a list of **** I need from him first.

@ N nqztv if you have any idea how to do the garpr stuff I'm more than happy to put it on the site and whatnot. I don't know anything about those programs so I wouldn't know where to start.

Last edited:

BillNyeTheSamusGuy

Smash Journeyman
@ Tsuteto Tsuteto @ SoapSuds SoapSuds For real though, with the community as conservative as it is frozen stages are never going to be a thing. It's only use will be if you wanna practice stuff with out 'hazards'. Does the tournament edition have the fixed banned stages? It'd at least be fun as a side tournament to use an expanded stage list.

SoapSuds

Smash Apprentice
Guys, I just realized that the replay feature in 20xx means that we can take replays from cards and play them back on dolphin. 1080p vods?

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
What Jekyll said. There's also readers you could probably buy that connect via USB. I would probably only do it for finals your matches though. Too much work for all matches

Top Bottom