• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
So a lot of things have changed since you moved away.

1. Salt Fest doesn't exist anymore. It crashed and burned after its second year. I was surprised that a second year even happened. LOL
  2. Tane quit competitive Smash, so he probably won't see your posts.
  3. The scene has moved communications over to Facebook (Click Here for UtahSmash Page), so most people won't see your posts.
  4. The Melee scene here is doing even better now than it was when you left.
  5. A bunch of good Melee players from back then have also quit, including @Ken Neth and @Sexy Yaz.
  6. Ka-Master now lives in Utah and takes all of our money.
If you want to come visit during a big tournament of ours, then you should come during the second Saturday of any month, since that's when we have our monthlies. We always get players coming from Vegas and Idaho now, so it'll let you play other tough players like SK92, too. And the numbers we get at these monthlies are even bigger than Salt Fest's numbers. LOL

Last edited:

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Wow that's seriously awesome. What the hell is Utah's problem attracting all these weegees. Ugh.

I don't have Facebook so that's an issue ... Where are the monthlies?

Long live Utah melee

Sproll

Smash Apprentice
Wow that's seriously awesome. What the hell is Utah's problem attracting all these weegees. Ugh.

I don't have Facebook so that's an issue ... Where are the monthlies?

Long live Utah melee
They are at a café place called Kafeneio, which is right off the freeway on 3300 S. right by the trax station in South Salt Lake

Yellowpikmin476

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yellowpikmin476
3DS FC
4854-6467-1287
Hey, I'm living in Provo, and I'm wondering about how or where I can get active in some Smash related things around here? I myself am not yet a student at BYU, but two of my siblings and one of my parents are, so I don't know if I can actually participate in events right at BYU, but I'd like to know what I can participate in! Thanks in advance!

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I'm living in Provo, and I'm wondering about how or where I can get active in some Smash related things around here? I myself am not yet a student at BYU, but two of my siblings and one of my parents are, so I don't know if I can actually participate in events right at BYU, but I'd like to know what I can participate in! Thanks in advance!
on tuesdays, there's a weekly at game den (2255 N University Pkwy #43, Provo, UT 84604) with the smash 4 tourney starting at 6pm and the melee tourney starting at 8pm. this is in the same shopping center as the walmart neighborhood market and across the street from the dollar theater.

on wednesdays, there's a weekly at 801labs (353 E 200 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84111) with the melee tourney starting at 6:30pm and the smash 4 tourney starting at 8:30pm. even though this is in salt lake, many people from the provo area attend and there's usually always good turnout. you can join in one of the car pools if you like.

on fridays, there's lots of fests. if you like melee, there's a group of byu students that get together around 8ish at the heritage building 8 activity room. if you like smash 4, a lot of people go to @bellsworth46's house up in sandy. once again, you can usually find car pools.

on the third saturday of the month, there is usually a monthly tournament at kafeneio (258 3300 S, South Salt Lake, UT 84115). you can usually see the event details posted in the utah smash facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/UtahSmash/).

Blues17

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blues17
3DS FC
3179-6103-8458
So U Smash?! 3 happened today, somebody who was in charge of brackets will post them.

Anyway, shout outs time.

Shout outs to Ka-Master for being the nicest dude in the world and giving me some falcon advice. I'll get you in PM next time.

Shout outs to Prinny for helping me in the Falco matchup and also severely overestimating how good we are at 64.

Shout outs to everybody from Vegas and Nortah who came and took our money.

And shout out to our amazing TO Kitsune for running the whole thing even though he probably won't even see this.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Shout outs to everybody from Vegas and Nortah who came and took our money.
inb4 Roguay DrPhantasma comes and makes a big deal about who "Nortah" truly is.

EDIT: Apologies to Roguay for using him name instead of the name of the actual person that did it in the past.

Last edited:

Smash Journeyman
While We're on the subject, I want St. George to be known as "Westah" as Cedar City is the real "Sotah".

3th0s

Smash Rookie
Hey all just bringing attention to OkayP.'s name change. Not that any one does or should care just saying hey.
Officially it's "Ethos" but yeah just for rankings sake.

Last edited:

Logos

Smash Apprentice
User was warned for this post
Hey all just bringing attention to OkayP.'s name change. Not that any one does or should care just saying hey.
Officially it's "Ethos" but yeah just for rankings sake.
You're so ****ing stupid it baffles me. You'll never be relevant anyway, why does your name matter? At least it's obvious who was first.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Just looked up the guy that took the original name "Ethos" first. Looks like the guy made one post the day he created his account then never touched it again. LOL

Sandfall

Stage Designer
Yo, any Logan players here?
Yup. On campus it seems to be mostly Smash 4, but I've seen people playing Melee and PM too. They have small weeklies at the Fusion Lounge, but I haven't been there in a while.

Smoom77

Smash Master
What nqztv is right, and I'm the guy you'd want to talk to if you're interested in Melee on Fridays. We play on campus at BYU, no need to be a student here. Join "BYU Melee" on Facebook if you're interested.

Smash Journeyman
Why I gotta have a ****ty, self-insert character as my avi? smh
Probably because all the Spammers, ****posters, etc. got characters from Fates and Awakening because the admins wanted to stick it to You.

Blues17

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blues17
3DS FC
3179-6103-8458
What the **** I already had an FE avatar April Fool's Day is bull****.

3th0s

Smash Rookie
You're so ****ing stupid it baffles me. You'll never be relevant anyway, why does your name matter? At least it's obvious who was first.
Or. Or. We watch you eat your words. That day will come. I promis3 you. And when that day comes I will gladly remind you of this and how I was supposedly never to be relevant.

Last edited:

Blues17

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blues17
3DS FC
3179-6103-8458
Or. Or. We watch you eat your words. That day will come. I promis3 you. And when that day comes I will gladly remind you of this and how I was supposedly never to be relevant.
<-------

Top Bottom