• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
i dont want more calcium

my left index finger is already pretty bad but i think thats from my musical instruments not smash

SoapSuds

Smash Apprentice
I got a letter to soapsuds in snail mail, LETS GO BABY LOL

20GX

Edit- My grandpa almost sent it back

Last edited:

~TLK~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toonlinkking777
how come several of the brackets on challonge aren't fully filled out? It's fun to see final results and things, especially for the ones you can't go to.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Next weekend we are seeing the introduction of Salt Lake Gaming Con! As a part of the convention, they will have a number of tournaments, including Super Smash Bros Melee and Wii U, hosted by us. Let's give them all the support we can, check out the various things they've got going on, and be ready to get your Smash on (or other competitive desires as listed in the following link)! Weekend pass will be needed for all competitions, and at $25 for the weekend, that's a steal!

Check out the links below for more info!

SLGC Main Page: http://www.saltlakegamingcon.com/
SLGC Tournaments Page: http://www.slgctournaments.com/

Aeriden

Smash Apprentice
Haiku **** posting aside, why is there a second Facebook page for Utah smash that is literally just posting the same tournament every week? How is that page necessary?
My friend made the facebook page a while back without looking around, we are working on changing it so its not confused with the almighty utah smash

The Kaysville Weekly
Is it still on for the first?
This is Line 3 bros.
It is still on man
All you need is to show up
it will be insane

Shane M

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrchoochootwain
3DS FC
4656-8139-1796
Also, the amiibo tournament is tomorrow for the haj in Kaysville before ssb4 singles. Winner gets a silver Mario.

Shane M

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrchoochootwain
3DS FC
4656-8139-1796
Still an overall nerf with the removal of his silly jab infinite.
Although I enjoy watching the jabs, It was needed though. infinites aren't that healthy in any fighting games.

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
the balance and design decisions for smash 4 are so bad im done entering brackets for smush for wii 4

melee all the way baby

Sandfall

Stage Designer
Next weekend we are seeing the introduction of Salt Lake Gaming Con! As a part of the convention, they will have a number of tournaments, including Super Smash Bros Melee and Wii U, hosted by us. Let's give them all the support we can, check out the various things they've got going on, and be ready to get your Smash on (or other competitive desires as listed in the following link)! Weekend pass will be needed for all competitions, and at $25 for the weekend, that's a steal!

Check out the links below for more info!

SLGC Main Page: http://www.saltlakegamingcon.com/
SLGC Tournaments Page: http://www.slgctournaments.com/
That ruleset for Smash 4 is a little odd... particularly the fact that both Miiverse and Battlefield are legal. The only difference between the two is the base platform shape (blast zones/platform arrangements are the same between both stages). It's pretty silly to have to burn both your bans if you don't want to play on Battlefield.

Also, all customs are legal, but Mii fighters banned? That really makes no sense.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
That ruleset for Smash 4 is a little odd... particularly the fact that both Miiverse and Battlefield are legal. The only difference between the two is the base platform shape (blast zones/platform arrangements are the same between both stages). It's pretty silly to have to burn both your bans if you don't want to play on Battlefield.

Also, all customs are legal, but Mii fighters banned? That really makes no sense.
It's the rule set I've been dealing with, I really don't want to have to deal with people having a million questions on mii fighters (I still deal with the question of Gamepad legality).

And there are finer differences on Miiverse and Battlefield. General arrangement the same, but ledge play can Carly change, and the platforms are rather closer (like Yoshi's vs Battlefield in Melee).

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Although I enjoy watching the jabs, It was needed though. infinites aren't that healthy in any fighting games.
or you know not take it out but add SDI multipliers
so fox can still have his options and its up to YOU to get out of the jab combo
add some skill back to this game

@ Remioli Remioli
where the **** is that video when you need it
Why aren't you DIing that?
i am im DIing in...

Last edited:

Sandfall

Stage Designer
And there are finer differences on Miiverse and Battlefield. General arrangement the same, but ledge play can Carly change, and the platforms are rather closer (like Yoshi's vs Battlefield in Melee).
The changes are so slight that it's pretty much just like the omegas are for FD (ledge play + friction changes). The characters that get an advantage on Battlefield also get an advantage on Miiverse, so it's still undermining the stage ban/counterpick system :/

Why not just use Dreamland? Or are you trying to avoid any more headaches with DLC for the setups?

Smash Journeyman
Try loading the youtube page in an incognito tab. If it works there, delete your Youtube and Google cookies. If that doesn't help, try signing out of youtube.

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
The changes are so slight that it's pretty much just like the omegas are for FD (ledge play + friction changes). The characters that get an advantage on Battlefield also get an advantage on Miiverse, so it's still undermining the stage ban/counterpick system :/

Why not just use Dreamland? Or are you trying to avoid any more headaches with DLC for the setups?
Dreamland I feel is even close to Battlefield in design. Ultimately, it's going to take going through each potentially viable stage, and playing around with the different options available such as scrooging, stage adjustments, stage interference, platform heights and positions, etc.

We might just well have a unique stage list overall. But I do want to make a standard one that people can just agree too.

DrPhantasma

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrPhantasma
3DS FC
3325-3045-0409

Shane M

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrchoochootwain
3DS FC
4656-8139-1796
My sides hurt after having Tim play super Mario 3D World with us. Haven't laughed so hard in ages.

Top Bottom