• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Friendlies this week are as follows:

Game Den PROVO - For fun event / Brawl- Zeus side tourney, or whatever the hell community wants to do at the moment as well or something. I may not actually be there tonight due to other obligations.

Game Den TAYLORSVILLE - Melee and Project M, singles. This is actually going to be ran by somebody new that I talked with last week, with my assistance on the side, so not sure how exactly things will go down. It will be the same $5 venue, $5 entry per event though.

That's all this week.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
can someone tell me who these people are so i can label the brawl doubles vids properly:

grbrp
twink
the team that played metaknight + donkey kong
bswth

-Mars-

Smash Hero
can someone tell me who these people are so i can label the brawl doubles vids properly:

grbrp
twink
bswth
Hey you know like all of your vids are desynched/messed up right?

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
@ Perfect Chaos Perfect Chaos ya, as @ net1234 net1234 said, that was not meant to be an ordering of events. i was using '>' in the mathematical "greater than" sense. i was giving my opinion on what would have the most turnout based on previous events i've been to.

@ socandrewcer socandrewcer man, true blue had *one* job. it's sad when the aggressor has >= the amount of stocks as the stock tank :-p. but still hype nonetheless.

@ -Mars- -Mars- ya, i know the brawl vids from the game den weekly a while back are desynced. i mentioned that when i posted a link to that brawl playlist. are you having desync issues on other videos?

looks like the offstream brawl doubles videos from "a smasher's tale - heat of battle" are done uploading to youtube. check them out here. once again, these are 60 fps vids playing at 30 fps.

Last edited:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
ya, i know the brawl vids from the game den weekly a while back are desynced. i mentioned that when i posted a link to that brawl playlist. are you having desync issues on other videos? the brawl doubles videos are uploading right now, so can you check them out and tell me if you're getting desync on those as well?
The PM vids too and the ones you uploaded today all have desync issues

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
strange, they seem fine when i play them on my computer. can anyone else verify on their end? have you tried downloading the vids and playing them on a legit desktop player?

Tuesday

Smash Ace
So the weekly at Game Den this week is Brawl? I have a friend interested in going but only for melee. When's that one scheduled for?

Also, what time is the Taylorsville tournament?

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Provo is Brawl Minus on Tuesday.

Taylorsville is Melee and PM on Wednesday.

Both can have people start showing up at 5 PM. Tourney for tonight, if happening, is at 7:30ish. Tomorrow starts at 6. For tomorrow, if you bring a whole set up, venue fee is waived.

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman
@ N nqztv There is de-sync on Youtube. I suspect that the videos are playing at 60 fps, where as the game was running 30 fps, so the video seems to be at half-speed because of it. I will download a video and let you know if it runs right.

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman
@ N nqztv There is de-sync on Youtube. I suspect that the videos are playing at 60 fps, where as the game was running 30 fps, so the video seems to be at half-speed because of it. I will download a video and let you know if it runs right.
Edit: So yeah, double youtube speed fixed issues, but downloading it still did not come out well at all

-Final-

Aria♪

grbrp
twink
bswth
I did one game with me as DK and Yaz as Metaknight... idk if that's what you are talking about, It wasn't a tourney match.

I believe it was on your setup though now that I think about it.

Edit: Looking at the brawl doubles videos on youtube, I noticed all of the ones you labeled as GKirbz are actually me lol. The Peach and Jigglypuff ones

Last edited:

Sandfall

Stage Designer
I feel like I need to start getting more involved in the competitive scene. Does anything ever happen around Logan/USU? Or is Salt Lake the closest I'll get?

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
I feel like I need to start getting more involved in the competitive scene. Does anything ever happen around Logan/USU? Or is Salt Lake the closest I'll get?
Here in about a month I'll be back in Logan for the school year. We'll have to play sometime, especially since I see you are also a partaker of the woop woops.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
@ -Final- -Final- sorry, i thought gkirbz was tsuteto's partner. it should be fixed now.

@ bellsworth46 bellsworth46 desync means the audio doesn't match the video. that shouldn't change when you change playback speed. it's supposed to be playing at half speed since a 60 frames per second video playing at 30 frames per second translates to a video playing at half speed :-p. the only way to play videos at 60 fps on youtube is to upload the video playing at 30 fps, and have the user double the playback speed with the html5 player.

also, i changed the utah smash events google doc so that the weeklies have a staggered tourney schedule. so for provo:

week 1: melee
week 2: brawl
week 3: project m
week 4: community vote
week 5: community vote

and at taylorsville:

week 1: community vote
week 2: melee
week 3: brawl
week 4: project m

if anyone has a problem with that, then let us know and update the goodle doc. also, start voting for what you want to be played at taylorsville next week since it's community vote.

Last edited:

Sandfall

Stage Designer
I didn't know Utah had PMBR. Neato
WTF I didn't, either. I guess I've been out of keeping up to date on it lately.

But yeah, @Sinz lives in Logan and he only plays P:M nowadays. He's also one of our best at the game.
I'm actually fairly new to the PMBR, so that's probably why :p
I also haven't really done much more than observe the competitive scene. Up until now, creating custom content (mostly stages) has been more of my thing.

Here in about a month I'll be back in Logan for the school year. We'll have to play sometime, especially since I see you are also a partaker of the woop woops.
I'm down, I should be arriving in Logan in about a month as well. I'll probably need to get some experience with high level play before I pose any sort of a challenge though.

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman
@ net1234 net1234 , who are you refering to? If it is me, I always give back at least $2 if you bring in a setup. If you bring in more then 1, and it is used, then I will completely waive the venue fee.

Last edited:

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
Hey everybody. I'm new to Utah, coming from NorCal.
A quick search of Utah Smash brought me here and I'm glad to see that this scene is active. I've taken a look at the google doc spreadsheet and it's awesome that you guys have weeklies.
What games are being played this week? Or rather what week are you guys on for the Tuesday and Wednesday weeklies?

Pumpinz

Smash Journeyman
@ -Final- -Final- sorry, i thought gkirbz was tsuteto's partner. it should be fixed now.

@ bellsworth46 bellsworth46 desync means the audio doesn't match the video. that shouldn't change when you change playback speed. it's supposed to be playing at half speed since a 60 frames per second video playing at 30 frames per second translates to a video playing at half speed :-p. the only way to play videos at 60 fps on youtube is to upload the video playing at 30 fps, and have the user double the playback speed with the html5 player.

also, i changed the utah smash events google doc so that the weeklies have a staggered tourney schedule. so for provo:

week 1: melee
week 2: brawl
week 3: project m
week 4: community vote

and at taylorsville:

week 1: community vote
week 2: melee
week 3: brawl
week 4: project m

if anyone has a problem with that, then let us know and update the goodle doc. also, start voting for what you want to be played at taylorsville next week since it's community vote.
You guys should really stop with the community vote or at least have the vote a week out so people know what game will be played and can make plans accordingly. I want to support these weeklies but you guys are making it really difficult.

Last edited:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
A quick search of Utah Smash brought me here and I'm glad to see that this scene is active. I've taken a look at the google doc spreadsheet and it's awesome that you guys have weeklies.
What games are being played this week? Or rather what week are you guys on for the Tuesday and Wednesday weeklies?
What games you play mayne?

Pumpk1nz

Smash Apprentice
What another Sacramentan? Me, you and @ socandrewcer socandrewcer are gonna take this place over. At least until he leaves in like a week lol.

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
What games you play mayne?
Mostly Melee and PM nowadays but I still play Brawl whenever the opportunity presents itself.

What another Sacramentan? Me, you and @ socandrewcer socandrewcer are gonna take this place over. At least until he leaves in like a week lol.
I'm down lol. That's dope that you guys are from Sac though. I wonder if we have played with any mutual smashers.

*As a side note, I don't have a CRT yet, so some form of practice at some point would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
Oh word. I'll probably swing through then. It's only 10 minutes from where I'm at.
I can bring a Wii with PM but I'd need a CRT

BlackL1ght

Smash Cadet
I play PM and a bit of Melee. Most days I just boot it up and put a few hours in after work (5). PM me if you want to join me some time

Edit: I didn't mention it, but yes I'm in Logan/USU

Last edited:

Steezy22

Smash Cadet
Right on man! Welcome! We will have to smash, I live in the same area.

OkamiFur

Smash Cadet
NNID
OkamiFur
Friendlies this week are as follows:

Game Den PROVO - For fun event / Brawl- Zeus side tourney, or whatever the hell community wants to do at the moment as well or something. I may not actually be there tonight due to other obligations.

Game Den TAYLORSVILLE - Melee and Project M, singles. This is actually going to be ran by somebody new that I talked with last week, with my assistance on the side, so not sure how exactly things will go down. It will be the same $5 venue, $5 entry per event though.

That's all this week.
So is the Taylorsville Game Den hosting Melee and PM tourneys or just friendlies this week?

Top Bottom