• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using my YouTube exposure, I want to create a Rosalina & Luma Workshop (NEVER MIND)

AceStarThe3rd

SmashTuber
NNID
AceStarThe3rd2
This idea came from this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJBXWs6y-gE

What I want to do is help out all people who want information and critiquing on their Rosalina & Luma.

These forums are filled to the brim of intelligent players, so I was wondering if I could get any advice or assistance in this.

Here's how I would envision it:

(Players without Smashboards accounts)
Kyle wants his Rosalina evaluated, so Kyle needs to get a replay or two then upload it to YouTube.
Kyle gives me the link to the video, then I go to the critiquing thread where others and I who want to help give him tips.
I then forward the information back to Kyle.

We also can have informational links available, such as frame data, landing lag, move %'s, advance tech tuts, and the best guides.

idk, its just an idea. I hope it doesn't seem too illogical

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
Sounds like a lot of fun. I'd be glad to be a part of a "Review the Rosalina" team. This could easily be done in either a group conversation, or left open to the entire Rosa boards.

Last edited:

rubiksmoose

Smash Rookie
NNID
rubiksmoose
3DS FC
1177-7593-7558
I would be interested in submitting such a video for review! I think this is a great idea.

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
I think this is a great idea! I would love too help and participate! If I can be of any assistance, let me know!

Ladyspiker

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-6235-1432-1920
I like this idea a lot too! What a great way for the Rosalina community to engage.

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
The biggest hindrance is people's ability to upload videos. Obviously, your project can't work without it, so maybe providing a list of methods for people to follow to get their videos uploaded could be beneficial. Possibly a list of criteria that makes videos either acceptable, or not acceptable.

Will you make another video, using their video to examine? This could be beneficial to everyone, as opposed to just sending private messages to the one person who is asking for help. This means possibly more work for you though. Are you planning on recruiting help for analysis? I think players like Dabuz giving critiques (whether he does or not, IDK), would go a long ways with establishing credit.

What kind of time frame should people expect to have their videos analyzed? Obviously this will depend on how much help you have, how much free time you have, and how easy/difficult their analysis would be.

That is all that I can think of for now, but I will keep thinking!

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
On the note of establishing credit, I'd love to be a part of personally testing and confirming any tips or advice you'd be giving. Testing out the highest punish a Rosalina with decent reaction speed can use against any particular attack or strategy sounds like really good information to learn. Oh, and if you need anything else, I'm free almost every night around 8-9 EST.

Rosalina _88

Smash Rookie
As someone who is eager to learn what he can about Rosalina, I'd love to do this. I'd be happy to submit my replays to let you guys review them!

WritersBlah

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WritersBlah999
Super late reply, but is this still a thing? I checked out AceStarThe3rd AceStarThe3rd 's YouTube channel and didn't see anything related to critiques. I'm trying to pick up Rosy as a secondary, but need some good, old fashioned advice.

Bash2King

Smash Cadet
NNID
MetroidBash550
why not just have them send replays?Like just through the game itself and then make a video with the replay playing in the background and theb talking over it giving them our feedback?

Last edited:

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
Super late reply, but is this still a thing? I checked out AceStarThe3rd AceStarThe3rd 's YouTube channel and didn't see anything related to critiques. I'm trying to pick up Rosy as a secondary, but need some good, old fashioned advice.
Holy resurrection Batman! Unfortunately this is not a thing. I would have loved it though!

Something else you can do is go to the Rosalina Q and A thread to look for advice. Or you can upload a video to the video thread and ask for critiques. Hope that helps.

vegeta18

Smash Journeyman
this sounds like an awesome idea! would be crazy helpful for the players who get critiques from you as well as the players watching, they can learn common mistakes and such. Also huge fan of your youtube videos, they are awesome would love to participate/help out in any way!

Last edited:

UniStar

Smash Rookie
Even if Ace can't do it maybe we could start a thread and send replays to each other and/or upload them and critique them together.

Top Bottom