• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Usefulness chart of Sheik's moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

goateeguy

Smash Ace
Anyone can comment on how accurate they think this is, but my opinions will not change.
Note: I only rated her attack moves

The rating system is as such: 1=useless to anyone better than beginners 2=pathetic 3=average 4=damaging 5=devastating

simple A: 2. quick, but does so little damage it's not even funny

side A: 4. doesn't exactly do that much damage, but sends opponent upward and provides combo opportunities

smash side A: 3. fairly easy to disrupt, good for hitting faraway opponents

down A: 3. more useful when opponent has high damage because it sweeps their legs

smash down A: 3. does nice damage, but extra flipping of legs rarely damages anyone and just gives opponent time

up A: 2. hard to pull off (jumping is what the game guesses you want to do) not worth the hassle

smash up A: 4. limited range but very damaging

nair: 4. sends opponent flying when they have moderate damage

fair: 4. (see nair)

bair: 4. (see nair)

uair: 5. practically an auto-kill when opponent has about 130 damage

dair: 4. meteor smash, doesn't send opponent far, but knocks them down

B: 4. only projectile Sheik has

down-B: 1-5. depends on whether or not you like Zelda

side-B: 3. very useful for pros, terrible for beginners

up-B: 3. average recovery move

if I forgot any moves, rate them yourself.:cool:

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
chain more useful than jab? *thumbs down*

nty

this is kinda pointless, all sheiks moves are useful in some way or another besides the down+b/or the chain.

it's not about which ones to use its about whens the right to time use them

ACK1012

Smash Cadet
I dunno, when I'm playing a peach, who all she does is throw turnips, the chain is my best friend.

Nightblade

Smash Journeyman
Anyone can comment on how accurate they think this is, but my opinions will not change.
Note: I only rated her attack moves

The rating system is as such: 1=useless to anyone better than beginners 2=pathetic 3=average 4=damaging 5=devastating

simple A: 2. quick, but does so little damage it's not even funny

You forget, however, that it comes out very quick so for experienced Sheik players, this will be their counter. Rating: 3

side A: 4. doesn't exactly do that much damage, but sends opponent upward and provides combo opportunities

Short side range but quick at hits above, most non-floaties will take 3-4 of these before they're able to DI/counter. Rating: 4

smash side A: 3. fairly easy to disrupt, good for hitting faraway opponents

No offense, but Sheik's fsmash sucks. The first kick does damage, the second knocks back. Lag is decent, but she has so many better moves. Rating: 2 (I'm being generous <_<")

down A: 3. more useful when opponent has high damage because it sweeps their legs

Very short range, low damage and knockback. It sucks. Rating: 1

smash down A: 3. does nice damage, but extra flipping of legs rarely damages anyone and just gives opponent time

Actually pretty good. Hits both sides, good out of a dthrow and decent against some dash attacks.

up A: 2. hard to pull off (jumping is what the game guesses you want to do) not worth the hassle

Sheik's utilt is comparable to her ftilt, except it hits a second time when you hit which can be annoying. Nice for racking up damage, especially low-% space animals. Rating: 3

smash up A: 4. limited range but very damaging

Limited range but powerful, very good out of a dash. Comes out fast, very little lag. Rating: 4

nair: 4. sends opponent flying when they have moderate damage

Sheik's sex kick. Decent range, but her other aerials are better. Rating: 4

fair: 4. (see nair)

How is her fair a 4 and her uair a 5? Sheik's fair is devastating powerful, more often than not sending an opponent out and down and has good priority and comes out very quickly with little lag. Rating: 5

bair: 4. (see nair)

While not as powerful as her fair, this thing has a huge range and excellent priority, albeit a bit slower than her fair. Situational, SHFFL'd bairs are very good for edge-guarding. Rating: 4

uair: 5. practically an auto-kill when opponent has about 130 damage

130%? I've seen Sheik's KO space animals, Marth, and others in their 70% with her fair. It is excellent for juggling with great range and good priority. Probably her second best aerial tied with the bair. Rating: 5

dair: 4. meteor smash, doesn't send opponent far, but knocks them down

This move needs good timing and is quite situational. Most players have a hard time controlling this, and having the worst lag of the aerials, shouldn't be used unless you can SHFFL it or you can afford to miss, otherwise you'll be punished hard for a miss. Rating: 3

B: 4. only projectile Sheik has

That's ALL you can say?! Her needles are arguably the single best projectile in the game. She can charge and hold them, they knockback, cancel out most if not all ranged projectiles (like Samus' Fully-Charged Shot for example >_>;;;;), and throws at a 315 degree angle in the air, making it decent for edge-guarding or general annoyance. Rating: 5

down-B: 1-5. depends on whether or not you like Zelda

Zelda's attacks are much stronger than Sheik's. Facing a Peach you can get off the stage for good? Try changing to Zelda to finish her off, not to mention using Nairyu's Love to deflect turnips to throw off her game. Rating: 3

side-B: 3. very useful for pros, terrible for beginners

>_>" Deflects move projectiles and is annoying. Decent edge-guarding against amateur players, especially if they don't sweetspot the ledge.

up-B: 3. average recovery move

Sheik's recovery is very good in my opinion... if you can get the ledge. The lag on the ground is terrible, as is the air lag. However, the beginning invincible frames are nice, and if they miss the counter on the invincible frames, flame on :D Rating: 4 (as far as recoveries go)

if I forgot any moves, rate them yourself.:cool:
My replies are bolded.

Dash A - Sheik's Dash A is very and sends the opponent straight up, perfect for an uair at mid-to-high percents. Most people don't dash, period. However, as far as dashes go, this one is a winnar. Rating: 4 (for dashes).

Also, Sheik's short hop is fairly high and her wavedash is good but not the best. Her recovery time from hits and lag time from moves is almost nil on most A-attacks.

mirage_drag0n

Smash Apprentice
I could tell ur a n00b at Sheik.

Her Fair, Down Smash and Needles should be rated 5

You forgot her dash attack.

Her jab should be rated 4.

Her tilts should be rated 4.

Her forward smash is crap, rated 3.

Her up smash isn't as good as her down smash.

Her nair, bair, uair should be rated 4.

Her dair depends, i don't use it so i rate it a 3.

Her forward B: chain is crap and is only used for edge guarding so it should be rated 2.5

Her up B is a good recovery move.

Her down B should be rated 0.

Check out my Sheik guide everyone.

MoogleDude

Smash Cadet
@nightblade: how do u give the down tilt a 1??? that move comes out fast and pops the opponent up into the air. it also hits low to knick shield grabbers.

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
this list made me cry on the indside...
So I hope this one won't ^_^

Jab: 4
Jab continue: 2
Ftilt: 5
Uptilt: 4
Dtilt: 4
Dsmash: 5
Upsmash: 3
Fsmash: 2
Nair: 4
Bair: 5
Fair: 5
Dair: 2 ( 2 laggy imo for sheik =P)
Uair: 3 (I do not play with it that often, I rather like to fair =) )

Needles: 5
Chain: 1
Transform: -5
Vanish: 5 (How would you survive without it? )

Ledge attack <100: 3 (I use it sometimes)
Ledge attack 100>: 2 (to slow imo)

Well that's my list ^_^

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
Thank you :)

@ goateeguy
The rating system you used is a bit weird, cause I said that Jab continue was a 2, but that would mean it is pathatic and that isn't true. You can use it against a fox who is constantly CCCing. So most of the moves with a 2 are just very situational. A chain on the other hand I would only use to piss of your friends when they are playing fox/Falco and they are of stage =P Otherwise, just use Needles ^^

I would give the numbers this little text:
1: Not usable (in tournament matches)
2. Very situational
3. Situatinonal
4. Good
5. Great (or as you call it, devastating =P )

-5 is by the way "Instant loss" :p

Repyh

Smash Journeyman
Uhm... instead of arguing. Why don't you tell him how he can improve the list?

The list could really use some work.
instead of just rating it and giving personal comments about it... why don't you tell people about the range of the attacks, lag, damage (%) given?
That could really help beginners.

Good luck improving your list ^^ (If you are going to improve it.)

marthsword

Smash Ace
Well if it's sooooooooo horrible, why don't you just rate them urself? It would be Oh, so useful to us "horrible, horrible, horrible, horrlible" people!!!!!!

Do you not know that mew2king is a pro? It is horrible though. F smash is one of the worst smashes in the game, chain is terrible, how is uair her best aerial and a 5? Fair kills much easier. Sheik focuses on horizontal kills. How are bair and nair and fair the same?

goateeguy

Smash Ace
I wouldn't give a care if mew2king was the greatest player in history! As long as he doesn't prove he can do something better he's not being helpful.

ipreferpi

Smash Apprentice
Actually, I'd say he gives good advice, which is pretty helpful. >_>

Looking through his posts, though, he's pretty rude.

Mcscruff

Smash Ace
actually, m2k is pretty close to being the greatest player in history. hes a lot better than you are, so just shut up when he tells you your list is a piece of ****, because it is.

goateeguy

Smash Ace
Ugh. I have no clue why i got so ticked off at M2K!!! That was probably the stupidest thing I've done in years! I really need to get more sleep or something! I apolegize to a great many SSBM players who are way better than I will ever be.

Aaron_Sketch

Smash Cadet
um u forgot dash attack, I'd say 4 cause it's the best dash attack in the game, it's fast, hard, and awesome.

Mabye itd be better if you put them in order from best to worst...? That way people would be able to compare moves easier.

Good job goateeguy on your respect, at least you're not like some idiots who just continue to argue. :)

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
um u forgot dash attack, I'd say 4 cause it's the best dash attack in the game, it's fast, hard, and awesome.

Mabye itd be better if you put them in order from best to worst...? That way people would be able to compare moves easier.

Good job goateeguy on your respect, at least you're not like some idiots who just continue to argue. :)
Ness' dash attack is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom