• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Useful Stage Builder Glitch

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
EDIT: This is more of an exploit than a glitch. Still really useful though.

Normally, one character always spawns in the center of custom stages.
There are two ways to avoid this:
1. Obstruct the center of the stage
2. Use an exploit with overlapping platforms

To perform the exploit simply draw a platform within the center platform in Stage Builder.

The overlapping platforms prevent Mario from spawning in the center of the stage.
Make sure that the overlapping platform isn't sticking out above the main platform. It can cause players to clip through the stage or be stopped by the edge of the platform.
You can prevent the overlapping platform from interfering with the physical structure of the stage by matching the edge of the overlapping platform with the edge of the main platform.
Keep in mind that your character will NOT spawn where platforms are overlapping.
Keep in mind that your character will NOT spawn where platforms are overlapping.

Link to the original Miiverse post: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHjkHnuvcA

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Definitely going to use this, just makes me wonder why they didn't just add a spawn option in the first place.

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
Another example of how you can manipulate spawn points with this trick:

Look at how perfectly they spawned in! It just warms my heart.

Last edited:

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
It's tidbits like this that make me antsy for stage sharing. I honestly think we could make some kickass legal stages, and maybe make 1 or 2 of them standard. It seems unlikely, though.

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
with this is it possible to force a specific spawn location? especially on somewhat unconventional and asymmetrical stages

Rifick

Smash Cadet
I assume just negate all the locations other than the one you want.
This depends on the stage and how's it's built, but often ends up in the message "not enough ground for fighters to stand"
Generally it's just a process of trial and error, identifying spawns and blocking them off if necessary until you're happy with the result.

Last edited:

ZarroTsu

Smash Journeyman
Does Bowser Jr's mechakoopa work correctly on these particular overlapping floors?

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
Does Bowser Jr's mechakoopa work correctly on these particular overlapping floors?
They might clip through the stage if the overlapping platform is sticking out slightly above the main platform. You can avoid this by drawing the main platform last or by changing the shape of the overlapping platform.

Last edited:
Top Bottom