• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upair pratfall > jab reset

-_ellipsis_-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HCLargesse

So the very, very tip of upair has sakurai knockback (ie. 361°), which means at high % works as a reliable pratfaller. You need laser precision in your execution, though. Perhaps best use as a tech chase tool, I'm still working on promising setups. Anyway, enjoy and discuss!

samosa

Smash Cadet
It is possible to do two upairs in one short hop where the last upair is the pratfall hit.

Or short hop backair to upair.

It will help timing and it might work as shield pressure to shieldstab?

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Yeah Uair comes out 1 frame before landing if you do it after a SH Bair

-_ellipsis_-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HCLargesse
samosa samosa that's one way to go about it. I think the most important part is seeing how much shield damage needs to be done in order to shield poke. If that's the case, people on platforms would be wrecked by sh bair > upair pratfall. Gonna lab that when I get home.

Edit: i think the best way to ensure a shield poke with platform pressure woukd be bomb + sh bair + upair. If anyone wants to lab this in the meantime, please take the initiative.

Last edited:
Top Bottom