• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Undertale Mafia, 13 man! Game over! Town wins!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Re-posting this because I want others to comment on this.

Scum #2 is Rake. I feel Rake's Koop push is out of place and has no actual basis on finding scum. Everything else is noise to me. I think his emotional reaction to most votes and pressure is forced. His shift from being calm to yelling in caps was forced. His push on me is opportunistic, and his claim feels weird given that there was a deadline extension. I don't understand why he's still voting me when I explained why I have chosen JD, and I don't understand why he'd think that would be something suspicious.

Kary, you're church should be behind this.

Joey, what do you make of Dietz even argreeing with J at all. We all know Dietz never likes J. Obviously this is another scumslip by dietz ala that game he just played in hydra with orbo where he showed the same signs. Agree / Disagree ?

If tHE-Man continues to not post I will continue to mention that ryker is a tool and should be lynched should it keep up.

Kantrip's response to pressure was nothing special, I feel no better having seen it than I did previously which concerns me because kantrips post was big and long but didn't satisfy any of my curiosity beyond him saying "well i misunderstood" I mean, that's fantastic but what I'm really wondering is why Soup is the one on your wagon kantrip that you have a problem with. If anything it looked like Sang was gonna be taking your heat but you kinda just swerve to soup, and from my pov, if I were you, I'd like Sang's approach last and definitely be on her more than Soup. I want you to explain more why soup's cop out feels that way to you because from my perspective Soup doesn't need to quantify his actions like that as scum and copping himself out only makes it read more genuine to me
Rake has been pushing on people who aren't suspicious, but just a question mark.

His push on Koops is out of place. He hasn't been actively questioning him, nor has he presented evidence.

I'm not ignoring them. And I know it's my job to prove my vote and my push on him is I dint see town intent. I'm not seeing anything to put him as town. LITERALLY NO ONE IS EXPLAINING THIS. IT'S THE SAME WITH RYKER. HIW THE ****.KARY IS ALLOWED TO TOWN RED RYKER FOR THAT NE POST IS LITERAL BULL****

What are you even supporting this for. This push is ****ing ********. I'm not even gonna acknowledge anyone else pushing me. I'm ****ing /out. This game is ****ing ********. Literally no one answers **** and them I try to pursue it's like "oh no rake. What a bad guy was person to want an EXPLANATION FOR ****TY READS. "

I'm waiting for you to do anything. Nothing you've done had progressed the game and I see no intent to push or do anything. Who are you pushing. What are you doing. How do you feel about all these people blindly town reading you literally woth no substantial evidence

What are your scum reads exactly dietz ? Because I know I'm not seriously one of them because your reason to dislike me applies to 7/8 of the damn fame and even yourself ? Who besides me is scum? Why should I have more priority than.my two reads ? Who's more worth my vote and why ?

He reacts pretty badly to votes, yells and uses caps. It seems more like an elaborate ruse to get out of being wagoned.

Of course I'm upset this wagon on me is literally comprised of people who have nothing better to do than wagon me
He states here he is obviously upset yet I don't think that is really true. People can get flustered when voted sure, yet not to this degree. There would have to be a legitamate reason to be that angry.

i mean im calm now but this wagon on me is pretty trashbad so
Along with his other reactions, this seems like a lie.

I'm in a terrible mood. Sue me. IRL sucks yet i keep coming back to deefend myself from the same idiocy.
This also seems like a lie, trying to blame IRL for why he may be reacting this way.

I ANSWERED EVERYTHING, YOU JUST CHOOSE TO BLINDLY WALK BY IT OR "'DISAGREEE' AND NOT SEE IT. HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SPELL OUT A ****ING READ
The shift from #529 to #535 is extreme. Emotion is not a button you can press to turn it on or off, and this is what it seems like Rake did.

LAst thing im going to do is claim, I'm Alphys (**** if i can spell this name) , I'm town scientist which is a weak voyuer role. I get either set up information every day phase or o certain night actions that occured during the Night.

Take that as you will because I really don't know what else to do now, I've done nothing but defend myself and state my case and yet i'm no better off for it. Literally have had all my energy to play this game sucked out by the amount of ridiculous **** that is and has occured. Like, i don't understand how more people aren't okay with my wagon. LITERALLY TWO PEOPLE HAVE EXPLAINED THEIR VOTES. THIS SOMEHOW WORRIES NOONE. NOONE'S LOOKING AT HOW EASILY I'VE MADE IT TO L-1 OR HOW HARD IT'S STAGNATED NOW ? Like **** i hate all capsing but seriously, how is it my wagon can form out of the eher, and people can vote me with no substantiating evidence and no legitmate reason or even one illegitmiate reason why i'm scum, it literally boils down to people not liking that i didn't come down on koopa's throat like aa ****ing boat. I stated numerous times why he deserved a vote and people just choose to ignore it. Like, the blind ignorance of this wagon astounds me
Along with a fake reaction to wagon pressure, Rake claims out of no where. I thought it was a bit weird at first, but thought nothing of it.

ran why did you cjeck dietz. like your most logical cjoice shouod have been to check me. I literally just role and flavor claimed yesterday. I like it very little your claiming rb but that im willing to live with but im not willing to allow you to say you choose dietz of all people when you were barely on my side that i recall yesterday and i was the largest and most talked abut topic. No kame gutsu on that

vote ran

also, ryu was town in fea so saying yu got a fea vibe is hilarious
Yet, when Rake attacks me for something small as choosing JD to investigate, he tells me I should have targetted him and that is why he is voting me. That is very weak, considering I have said I would be looking into JD. This push feels very opportunistic from Rake, and it seems like he made it up on the spot. I also find it concerning when people are simply looking at my role and not my play.

Kantrip was killed by a robot
Here, Rake posts his night action results. It doesn't make sense along him saying he'd get either setup information or a night action. He says he got a flavor hint, which has nothing to do with a night action. It is quite a stretch, so it doesn't make sense. I find this slightly suspicious.

Summary:

1. His Koop push is out of place.
2. His emotional reaction to D1 votes seemed forced. (#346 and #347)
3. His shift from calm to upset seemed extremely forced. (From #528 to #529)
4. His push on me was and is opportunistic, considering he didn't have a problem with me yesterday. (#656)
5. His reasoning to push me is very weak and faulty. He knew I stated that I would look into JD.
6. Timing of claim is weird. (#551)
7. Results do not match what action stated he would get.

Unvote; Vote: Rake

I am willing to lynch both Rake and Gheb.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
ranmaru ranmaru
I hope that also clears up some of the things I kept you waiting on? Specficially my current opinions on Rake and J.
I understand that you say that your rake read depends on J, but can you look at Rake individually, and tell me what you think of my #761?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
I find it opportunistic. I dislike him. I'll give a more in-depth read on him once he responds to my #674 and to you.
how is it opportunistic at all. you're not a popular wagon. no one else was saying "man remember how ****ty soup was, we should lynch ran now" my dislike of you started yesterday so to call my push opportunistic is a giant misnomer

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I think Rake can die and is an OK lynch.

I don't care for your case on him. It doesn't affect my opinion on him.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
EBWOP: I may change my mind though if I actually read his most recent posts? Stay tuned!

:059:

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Kary, I have been asking Rake questions to see how he'd react. He took a long time between each interaction. Once seeing his push I realized he was scum here. His opportunistic push along with his forced emotion yesTerday makes sense from a scum perspective.
f you honestly believed i forced that then idk. Also, it takes a long time to respond when im not online lol. Work'll do that

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I have been waiting for the top of the page to post this case, and for Rake. Since he's taking quite a while to respond, I'll post this now. I think I have enough to garner a solid read on him.

Scum #2 isRake. I feel Rake's Koop push is out of place and has no actual basis on finding scum. Everything else is noise to me. I think his emotional reaction to most votes and pressure is forced. His shift from being calm to yelling in caps was forced. His push on me is opportunistic, and his claim feels weird given that there was a deadline extension. I don't understand why he's still voting me when I explained why I have chosen JD, and I don't understand why he'd think that would be something suspicious.

Rake has been pushing on people who aren't suspicious, but just a question mark.

His push on Koops is out of place. He hasn't been actively questioning him, nor has he presented evidence.

He reacts pretty badly to votes, yells and uses caps. It seems more like an elaborate ruse to get out of being wagoned.

He states here he is obviously upset yet I don't think that is really true. People can get flustered when voted sure, yet not to this degree. There would have to be a legitamate reason to be that angry.

Along with his other reactions, this seems like a lie.

This also seems like a lie, trying to blame IRL for why he may be reacting this way.

The shift from #529 to #535 is extreme. Emotion is not a button you can press to turn it on or off, and this is what it seems like Rake did.

Along with a fake reaction to wagon pressure, Rake claims out of no where. I thought it was a bit weird at first, but thought nothing of it.

Yet, when Rake attacks me for something small as choosing JD to investigate, he tells me I should have targetted him and that is why he is voting me. That is very weak, considering I have said I would be looking into JD. This push feels very opportunistic from Rake, and it seems like he made it up on the spot. I also find it concerning when people are simply looking at my role and not my play.

Here, Rake posts his night action results. It doesn't make sense along him saying he'd get either setup information or a night action. He says he got a flavor hint, which has nothing to do with a night action. It is quite a stretch, so it doesn't make sense. I find this slightly suspicious.

Summary:

1. His Koop push is out of place.
2. His emotional reaction to D1 votes seemed forced. (#346 and #347)
3. His shift from calm to upset seemed extremely forced. (From #528 to #529)
4. His push on me was and is opportunistic, considering he didn't have a problem with me yesterday. (#656)
5. His reasoning to push me is very weak and faulty. He knew I stated that I would look into JD.
6. Timing of claim is weird. (#551)
7. Results do not match what action stated he would get.

Unvote; Vote: Rake

I am willing to lynch both Rake and Gheb.
How do my results not match exactly lol ? Are you sure you understand what it is i claimed and what a regular voyuer would even do ? because i don't think you do lol

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Vote J
Im bashing my head into a wall with ran.

Ran, tell me how my push on koop was out of place exactly ? What's a "in the right place " push ? Who should i have been pushing exactly ?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Also, i call bs on #4, i literally said the words yesterday that your catch up did nothing to change my low opinion of soup lol. i mean unless you literally glazed over that. Also, i had nothing left to do yesterday other than claim so your assertion that its "weird" is wifom

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Right now my biggest problem is that I think there was something fishy going on earlier in the Day, between J and Kantrip, and to a lesser extent, Joey and Soup. It seems as though that has all blown over now and no-one has anything to say about it, but I find it hard to believe that the whole thing, all of it, was TvT.
Kary, if you've re-read, would you mind coming back to this and explaining more of your thought process from D1?
The thought process is not very complicated: I felt it was unusual that Kantrip & J had a fight in the early game, but no-one came out of it as a candidate for lynch. Usually when there's an argument in RVS, someone comes out looking the scummier one. You could say I had a 'gut feeling' that someone in that bunch was scum. Of course, we've seen Kantrip & Joey flip- but:

#1: Maybe you could say that soup was going to come out of that storm in line for a lynch, but he avoided that by disappearing / replacing out.

#2 Maybe J was being deliberately non-confrontational with Kantrip (J spends all Day describing him as 'weird' rather than saying anything was 'scummy'):
Kanty seems weird to me this game. What do you make of him?
Sadly, this is in line with a lot of your play this game which is strange and a whole lot not making a lot sense. *shrug*
Anyways, consider it explained.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
The church is scummy
Kary started the church
therefore Kary is scummy.
That's part of it (don't use RVS as an excuse, you said that it was a serious endeavor) as well as you giving a free town pass to everyone who was in the Kult on your read lists (like having tHE-MAN as a town lean), but at this point in the game, I'm not too concerned about much related to the Kult. I'm worried about your response to my line of questioning about the Kult being generally condescending to my slot and having no legit rebuttal other than "You don't know what you're talking about" when I was questioning you (not something I remember seeing from you in RoDG or Gheb's JR), you have been following popular lynches without adding much content or insight, you contradicted yourself twice during questioning (showing bad response to pressure), you voted with little to no reason, and have drastically changed reads between lists with little to no explanation. I've seen the most scummy intent from you of any slot this game and I think you're the best option for today. I went away for the night intermission after submitting my action and took a break from Mafia, and upon re-read, I still think your slot is scummy.

Also, just realized that I stopped the shedding tears list halfway through because I realized it was a garbage way to analyze stuff and just gave a read list in my 379; I thought I deleted the tears statement. Whoops, lol.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary : I answered your question now. What are your scumreads? What are your reads in general?

I think that the Rake waggon was very interesting. Right now I want to look at J, Dietz, Koops, and Rake.

In general, I think Sang and Spak are probably town. I have Gheb and Ranmaru at lean town.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I still think your slot is scummy.
Congratulations, you have just repeated the same list of stuff without responding to my post. Everything you have just repeated is either wrong, or so thin that it doesn't justify a scumread.

Give me your three strongest points as to why I am scum, and I will happily show where you're wrong.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Give me your three strongest points as to why I am scum, and I will happily show where you're wrong.
1. Voting and then failing to explain your reasoning behind them (it's just kinda assumed that you should explain votes in the post that you vote, not a day or two later and then say "I voted him for inactivity").
2. Contradicting yourself twice during a line of questioning
3. Addressing me as if I were an inferior player during my line of questioning (I can't see a townie talking that disrespectfully to someone else while talking to them).
(Sorry but I also need to include one more:)
4. Giving everyone in the Kult a free town lean until someone said something about it one of the members, then moving them straight to scum.
The idea that I was somehow MAGICALLY going to boss people around and become the judge jury and executioner of town is ridiculous.
You said that you wanted them to be your proxy vote, and they were voting as you were telling them to. That probably wouldn't have worked as well near deadline, but you would have surely had a large influence and you wouldn't vote any of your members. I still hold that the Kult is a freebie for scum getting to lategame, but debating that at this point is just wasting town's time.

You continue to repeat that I am scum, but you have never stopped to ask me why I did anything- why I started the church, why I voted for so and so. You just jump straight to conclusions. And you need to stop.
I asked you why you started the Kult, you said to get a tight group of trustable people. Then I asked how can you know they're trustable, then you said you couldn't because we can't mod-confirm slots, then I said it would be an easy way for scum to get into endgame and you said it was null because it was just a smaller version of the game and I said I don't trust you to manually balance the game, and that started this whole line of questioning half a game ago.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
lol a colon and a end parenthesis makes a smiley. Just read it as this on one line:
:
)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Addressing me as if I were an inferior player during my line of questioning (I can't see a townie talking that disrespectfully to someone else while talking to them).
Kary does that regardless of alignment. This null, because anyone can be mean or nice regardless of alignment. About the kult, players (regardless of alignment) actually do that in mafia games. It's null. So slow down. Talk to me. What do you think of Rake's vote on J?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Kary does that regardless of alignment. This null, because anyone can be mean or nice regardless of alignment. About the kult, players (regardless of alignment) actually do that in mafia games. It's null. So slow down. Talk to me. What do you think of Rake's vote on J?
I suppose, but it doesn't allign with what I've seen of Kary based on the two games I've played with him. I think it's a slightly scum show, but it could be null.

I think the Rake vote on J is crazy sketch and he needs to explain his reasoning. He did this yesterday with Koops and got a bunch of backlash for it, so shouldn't he have learned not to vote without explanation by now?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
1. Voting and then failing to explain your reasoning behind them (it's just kinda assumed that you should explain votes in the post that you vote, not a day or two later and then say "I voted him for inactivity").
2. Contradicting yourself twice during a line of questioning
3. Addressing me as if I were an inferior player during my line of questioning (I can't see a townie talking that disrespectfully to someone else while talking to them).
(Sorry but I also need to include one more:)
4. Giving everyone in the Kult a free town lean until someone said something about it one of the members, then moving them straight to scum.
Okay.

#1 Voting for someone and not giving reasoning at the time, is not scummy. If you thought it was scummy, you would be giving J grief about doing it. I am pretty sure at this point I have explained all the votes I've made, so you're wrong in saying I 'failed to explain them'.

#2 This is just wrong.
Okay. You seem to be operating under the assumption that somehow I would have absolute power over the game just because I started a group. I cannot actually force people to vote one way or the other. I cannot actually make a slot 'safe'. I wouldn't want to 'lynch anyone who refuses to join', but if I did want to, I wouldn't be able to.
All this can be yours for one low low payment of becoming my proxy vote. That's right! All you have to do is vote how I tell you to

There is no contradiction here. Asking people to 'become my proxy' does not actually change anything- even if they agree at first, they can still disagree later. If they voted a certain person 'because Kary said so'- that would not be an excuse.

I had this idea to try and run a 'town circle', you know, like you get a voting block of all the more trustworthy/active people and lynch outside of them.
I wouldn't want to 'lynch anyone who refuses to join', but if I did want to, I wouldn't be able to.
'lynching outside of a group' is not the same as 'lynching anyone who refuses to join'. The second one implies that we would want to lynch everyone not in the church, and that 'not being part' would be reason enough to lynch someone- which is a HUGE reach. It's not a contradiction.

#3 So you think that all scum players are mean, and all town players are nice? You were being rude and impatient in insisting that I 'get over here'.

#4 I never said I would townread people in the church, and I never did that.
In the case of tHe-man, I townread them at first based on what they posted, but then later I decided they were not worth keeping around, because they were inactive. I never said they were scummy.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I asked you why you started the Kult, you said to get a tight group of trustable people. Then I asked how can you know they're trustable, then you said you couldn't because we can't mod-confirm slots, then I said it would be an easy way for scum to get into endgame and you said it was null because it was just a smaller version of the game and I said I don't trust you to manually balance the game, and that started this whole line of questioning half a game ago.
You asked me why I started the Kult, and I ignored you.

I was talking to Dietz when I talk about the town circle idea- about what it involves IN THEORY.

So basically you have been ragging on me the whole time about SOMETHING I NEVER DID.

The ONLY reason I did the church thing was to generate content in the early game. Giving people the opportunity to join, or not, is a way of creating stances and opinions where before there was nothing.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
#1 Voting for someone and not giving reasoning at the time, is not scummy. If you thought it was scummy, you would be giving J grief about doing it. I am pretty sure at this point I have explained all the votes I've made, so you're wrong in saying I 'failed to explain them'.
There is no contradiction here. Asking people to 'become my proxy' does not actually change anything- even if they agree at first, they can still disagree later. If they voted a certain person 'because Kary said so'- that would not be an excuse.
Fair enough

'lynching outside of a group' is not the same as 'lynching anyone who refuses to join'. The second one implies that we would want to lynch everyone not in the church, and that 'not being part' would be reason enough to lynch someone- which is a HUGE reach. It's not a contradiction.
[/spoiler]
But if you lynch outside of a group, wouldn't you eventually have to come to that? Won't there be a point where there are no mroe people outside of the group?

#3 So you think that all scum players are mean, and all town players are nice? You were being rude and impatient in insisting that I 'get over here'.
That's because you flat-out ignored my post and went on to start questioning J. I was going to shower, but I usually expect people to respond even if I'm going away so that I can quickly pick up conversation when I get back.

In the case of tHe-man, I townread them at first based on what they posted, but then later I decided they were not worth keeping around, because they were inactive. I never said they were scummy.
Then why did both people that joined the Kult end up on your town lean/read list, even if Dietz was fairly inactive at the time? Also what post of tHE-MAN made you think they were townie?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Sorry, formatting messed up:
You're right, I should start giving J grief about it. I bumped Gheb's question, and J still hasn't responded; that deserves some explaining. Also, saying a couple days later that you voted for activity doesn't help the person be more active if you don't tell them up-front that it's an activity vote.
But if you lynch outside of a group, wouldn't you eventually have to come to that? Won't there be a point where there are no mroe people outside of the group?

That's because you flat-out ignored my post and went on to start questioning J. I was going to shower, but I usually expect people to respond even if I'm going away so that I can quickly pick up conversation when I get back.

Then why did both people that joined the Kult end up on your town lean/read list, even if Dietz was fairly inactive at the time? Also what post of tHE-MAN made you think they were townie?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
formatting, y u do dis:urg:

In the case of tHe-man, I townread them at first based on what they posted, but then later I decided they were not worth keeping around, because they were inactive. I never said they were scummy.]/quote]

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I suppose, but it doesn't allign with what I've seen of Kary based on the two games I've played with him. I think it's a slightly scum show, but it could be null.
What were Kary's games like both times? Just because he's playing differently, doesn't means he is scum. Although it is good to think about why it's different. Also please format your quotes correctly man. I want you to try to be more concise if you can't format things correctly. Personal preference here.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Considering he's still voting the same way, I think he is desperate since he has no genuine pushes to make.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
#791 is in reference to Rake of course.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
#1You're right, I should start giving J grief about it. I bumped Gheb's question, and J still hasn't responded; that deserves some explaining. Also, saying a couple days later that you voted for activity doesn't help the person be more active if you don't tell them up-front that it's an activity vote.
If the person isn't active, it doesn't matter what you post about them. None of my recent votes have been to do with activity.

#2 But if you lynch outside of a group, wouldn't you eventually have to come to that? Won't there be a point where there are no mroe people outside of the group?
If the church works as intended, everyone inside is town. The game ends when you kill all the scum.
For example, 5 in church, 8 outside, 3 scum.
This also assumes we could not kick someone out of the group, and etc.

#3 That's because you flat-out ignored my post and went on to start questioning J. I was going to shower, but I usually expect people to respond even if I'm going away so that I can quickly pick up conversation when I get back.
Yes, you were impatient.

Coincidence.
The tHe-man post where they ask a lot of questions reminds me of Ryker's town play in past games. Taco mafia is an example IIRC.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
kk, thanks for having this conversation with me. I still think your play looks sketch so far and I really don't like it, but I can at least see your thought process and you're no longer my biggest concern as I can see a town incentive behind a considerable amount of your play. I would want to look into more of Koops and Rake today once I'm done with my code and re-read with Koops focus (hadn't really paid attention to the slot much after early D1, and I didn't like some material that I saw while looking back at Kary's posts).

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Can you elaborate on what points you like? Thoughts on the J wagon Ryu?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
and your trusting the indy's words ? A+

I also did no flavor fishing or role fishing at all ? How do you think I am ?
Touche, but I don't see a reason for him to randomly lie while giving up. Does not seem like something Joey would do.

You literally asked thread if you could get everyone to flavorclaim?
I think that counts as flavor fishing.

Top Bottom