• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Understanding when to headbutt

Brino

Smash Cadet
Okay when are the best times to throw in a headbutt when you have an opponent in a hold? Whenever I am chaingrabbing somebody and throw in a headbutt they brake the hold after. Is it a matter of time or how high their percentage is? What % should I begin to headbutt them 2 times before d-throwing them?

Binx

Smash Master
I headbutt 1 time for every 25% and usually once after 10 percent so basically if they are at 50% and not really fast at breaking out you can do 2 headbutts and a blizzard, at 75% you can do 3 headbutts and a blizzard, below 10% its best to just throw and between 10 and 50% I like to only use 1

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
It depends on your opponent. Some opponents I won't even bother headbutting at all because I know they wiggle out too quickly. Some opponents let you get in a lot of hits because they're focused on DI. It kind of depends on who you play.

Brino

Smash Cadet
I headbutt 1 time for every 25% and usually once after 10 percent so basically if they are at 50% and not really fast at breaking out you can do 2 headbutts and a blizzard, at 75% you can do 3 headbutts and a blizzard, below 10% its best to just throw and between 10 and 50% I like to only use 1
Aye, a headbutt for every 25% works perfect. Thank you.

@ Wobbles : I guess your right. I understand it better now. Marth falls under the "wiggles out to quickly" category. Thanks

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
It's not character dependent for the "who wiggles out too quickly" it's the opposing player. If you're planning to throw immediately after a headbutt, you better off with a blizzardf and head butting with Popo.

Top Bottom