• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate All Around California Tournament (please Trust Me)!

SmashDude1

Smash Rookie
I am talking on AIM to guys about a California tournament. We are trying to get the biggest tourny ever. Please IM me at weiddude for more information invluding where, when, how, what, why (all the W's)!

The Game II

Smash Champion
It's best to just post it here, get some discussion going, and then make the "huge" announcement.

Putting it here means more eyeballs will see it.

--GCII

T0MMY

Smash Master
Wouldn't it take someone like Neal or Ken to pull off a huge tournament? Running something that big takes some experience or at least plenty of charisma...
I'm always looking for huge tournaments to attend, and NorCal would be a good place so OR, WA, and Canada smashers don't have to travel so far.

mrb1tch3s

Smash Ace
Yeah...u need someone more well known to be the face of this tourney...
I really dont think u can top SCC...Or that it would really matter AFTER due to Brawl coming out in December

Lunchbox

Smash Journeyman
I am talking on AIM to guys about a California tournament. We are trying to get the biggest tourny ever. Please IM me at weiddude for more information invluding where, when, how, what, why (all the W's)!
what tournement exactly are you talking about cuz if its the one im thinking of your the last person ppl need to talk to about this tourney so plz tell me your trying to set up your own!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Don't message him about the tournament. It's a scam.

Weiddude is his name on AIM, and his only purpose is to harass the **** out of you until you block him because he wants some kind of world record for being blocked on aim. And he has the ******** notion that "30" blocks is the world record.

Again, don't listen to this guy, and don't message him. Thank you.

Evilnemesis

Smash Lord
Agreed, well I dont know what he's been telling hugo. But for some reason he keeps wanting to talk about Freeways with me. Then he gets all sad because I ignore him. Just ignore him and take your aim off your swf profile or he might message you. Or you can risk leaving it on there if you feel like getting annoyed by him.

The Game II

Smash Champion
TheGameTwoK (5:14:37 PM): Now, I want you to prove to me that you are not lying
TheGameTwoK (5:14:54 PM): people who talk to me about tournaments give me a link and some days and times
weiddude (5:14:54 PM): 1 i wanyt n00bs who dont like me to block me
weiddude (5:15:00 PM): like (name has been deleted)
weiddude (5:15:07 PM): i have never been to a tounry
This was only part of the convo.

So yes, HugS is today's big winner. He wins ... uh, we'll have to get back to you on that one.

--GCII

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
wow, HugS wins again...he kept telling me to advertise the tournament, then he got annoying with the chatroom invites >_<

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
hey do you know exactly what tourney he was talking about!!!!!!!!!!
ohh, was it yours? sorry!! Well, I don't really remember much of the conversation because he told me to advertise tournaments and he talked about a number of them. sorry if I offended you! :(

The Game II

Smash Champion
The point was, he was bringing up various tournaments just to get people going. He said he's from SD, but he talked to me repeatedly about today's Modesto tourney and how he "wanted" to go compete, and then switched to the Palm Springs tourney that was just announced.

Anyway, it's a moot point. This guy's SN is public, so that should be enough. You see this person, just ignore the person.

--GCII

Lunchbox

Smash Journeyman
ohh, was it yours? sorry!! Well, I don't really remember much of the conversation because he told me to advertise tournaments and he talked about a number of them. sorry if I offended you! :(
no you didnt offended me in away dont worry bout it

but to let you all Know the Modesto tourney is no scam its just if you want to attend or find info about talk to me or in the actual thread but this guy has nothin to do with the tourney and he was Pissing off everyone invovled with settin up this tourney!

so if any of you would like to attened talk to me or in the thread find Xilo pryce, Park, or Choknater if you cant find Xilo pryce cuz i talk to him alot and can give him all the info on ppl who want to attend

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
He invites me to a chat room about 3 times a week on average.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
**** jtb, you're lucky. I got 3 invites before 12 pm today. I get about 6 invites daily. Something is seriously mentally wrong with this guy.

Oh, and I know this is tough, but if he happens to annoy you on AIM, you can spite him by not blocking him.

Just ignore him. But don't give him what he wants by blocking him. It's worth it.

mrb1tch3s

Smash Ace
But blocking him is SOOO much easier...
Also...when he runs out of people to block...Then what? Hes screwed...
And getting 4 chat invites and 20 new messages by 1 gets REALLY old REALLY fast...Especially when he does it when ur ignoring him...

$ick

Smash Lord
When he sent me an AIM I just asked him if he would like me to block me and he declined. So then I convinced him I'm a pro Halo player from Washington. ^_^

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
er, wow. this is kinda weird. i had no idea lmao.

he keeps inviting me to chatrooms too to talk about the modesto tourny. since i'm helping the TO, it seems fine... but you guys are right, he does bring up random tournaments from other regions. and he is kinda strange. i'll deal with it for now, no reason for ME to block him atm.

but seriously, if he annoys people into not coming to the modesto tourny, then i'll be mad. xilopryce is overhyping the thing a bit, but this will be the first time we'll have a decent venue since the old TGE tournaments.

EDIT: lolz, choknater is sympathetic to the accused?

weiddude: how often do they post it?
choknater: just check the forums
choknater: in the pacific west sections
weiddude: and for some reason it wont let me see the forums
weiddude: when im logged in
weiddude: it says i dont have permission to use the forums
choknater: um
choknater: you got banned
choknater: by nealdt
weiddude: nealdt?
choknater: yeah
weiddude: so wuts gonna happen/
weiddude: ?
weiddude: he bans me forever?
choknater: it's probably not an IP ban, just an account ban
choknater: so you can probably make another account and not get banned
choknater: but hugs has been accusing you for annoying people on aim
choknater: so nealdt might ban you again if he sees you posting around... so iono, u gotta deal with the situation, lol
weiddude: so the ban is permanent/
weiddude: ?
choknater: yeah, for that account
weiddude: CRAP
weiddude: is neal like the mdoerator?
weiddude: of the forum
weiddude: i cant post ANYWHERE
choknater: neal is a moderator in the pacific west section yeah
choknater: but yes being banned generally means you can't post anywhere, lol
weiddude: dang
weiddude: so he wont lift it?
choknater: no
weiddude: CRAP
weiddude: how do i make a new account?
choknater: lol, i guess if you can try to log off the current one and then try to re-register...
choknater: but like i said, if neal recognizes you posting again, he might re-ban you. you might wanna contact him just in case and tell him why you dont want to be banned
weiddude: he blocked me lol
choknater: lmfao.
choknater: well then, that sucks
weiddude: i was just talking to him bout tournies
weiddude: he didnt have anythng
weiddude: so he blocked me lol
choknater: lol, cuz he saw what HugS posted
choknater: wanna see?
choknater: quite frankly, they think you're strange
weiddude: it was yesteraday

yea it stopped there. i hope he stops spamming me. i also hope he doesnt stain the upcoming modesto tourny.

jmic

Smash Ace
Wow, I also had no idea. He's been trying to get a hold of me all week, but I finally responded today (I hardly respond to IMs to start with though). I feel a little bad for the kid, he has such high hopes, but he really doesn't seem to get the logistics of running a huge tournament. I admit he was pretty annoying, but dang, I didn't realize he bothered SOO many people already.

I guess he just needs someone to let him down easy. Maybe me and Chok will take care of it. We really don't want him to prevent people from coming to a good, legit tourny in Modesto.

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
I get the chat invites more than anyone I think, but I generally have things to do and tell him so, but he invites me again and again no matter what. It's agravating, and I don't want him to cause people to not attend my tournament because of bad hype.

I may overhype a bit, but that's because I want it to be big. But I think that if you're getting people to turn away from the tournament, then please stop. And Bringing up other tournaments fdoesn't helpl And if I understand correctly, is he even going to my tournament? I think he said he couldn't.

If you were considering going but got turned off, please reconsidered

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
yeah... he really is that bad, glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks so though. Oh and Mike, he only bothers good players, so you're probably safe. haha

araknophobik

Smash Master
i was wondering why i haven't been aimed by him...
ive never been so glad to be bad at this game until now

GG ryan, according to some walking spam ***** your better than me

DAHKTERem

Smash Ace
yeah... he really is that bad, glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks so though. Oh and Mike, he only bothers good players, so you're probably safe. haha
Oh dam, that's a relief. Also, someone told me that he only AIMs gay people too, so I'm definitely safe.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Because you know, Deep Socal is FAR from gay.

Top Bottom