• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Turnip game, mind games.

JAPMAN

Smash Journeyman
Ive been playing Peach for roughly 2 months now, i play alot of friendlies, but im at this point where i need to develop mindgames to be able to play well. I my turnip game, i only have the combo starting turnips game where i smash throw> dash attack, and midar throw->floating aerial/FC grab/what ever. Are there any other interesting ways of using the turnip and its approach?

Also, as mentioned before, i dont really have mind games..please lest if possible what i could do to attempt confusion. If you make a suggestion, please support it with a scenario in which it would work, and how to excecute it. Please dont suggest wavedashing or dashdancing.

Thanks in advance.

PeachFx

Smash Rookie
._. My smash throw -> Dash Attack gets countered hard lol. Usually it's a shield then punish T_T

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Remember that the turnip could be used to also stun your opponents incase they rush at you (or you feel they might start a rough combo on you)

When you're flinged up in the air, if you have a turnip, you could throw down at your opponent, then d air, then when you hit the ground, D-smash.

Another one is to do a dash throw, d tilt, then end it with either a Nair or Uair. You could use the turnip as a distraction move (especially with a stitch) and then suprise them with a powerful move of your own.

Try not to forget that she could also pull out a bomb, beam sword, or a saturn. Each one has their own throw game (the bomb is the most dangerous, as it could backfire on you in the worst way)

Also, when you pull up a Stitch, keep an eye on it, as you want to throw it the moment they're open. Again, watch out though, as this thing could prove to be more dangerous when facing either a strong opponent or a pro. Pro's just have or more of a better chance of catching it and throwing it back then strong opponents do.

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
if you arial throw->FC arial alot, like I do, there is a sweet mindgame to that, depending on how your oppoentnt is playing. If it is a space animal who shines ur turnips, or a Marth/Roy who counters them, or someone who does a move thats punishable after you throw it, try this: Dash towards them->Jump->Throw backwards->FC Bair->continue combo. To succeed, the backwards turnip throw must draw out the shine/counter, and the throw turns you around to perform a Bair. At lower percents, you can combo the Bair into a Dsmash or a grab. at higher percents, you can edge guard/tech chase.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
if you arial throw->FC arial alot, like I do, there is a sweet mindgame to that, depending on how your oppoentnt is playing. If it is a space animal who shines ur turnips, or a Marth/Roy who counters them, or someone who does a move thats punishable after you throw it, try this: Dash towards them->Jump->Throw backwards->FC Bair->continue combo. To succeed, the backwards turnip throw must draw out the shine/counter, and the throw turns you around to perform a Bair. At lower percents, you can combo the Bair into a Dsmash or a grab. at higher percents, you can edge guard/tech chase.
Small Note, yet proven fact: Peach's turnips is two of the only projectiles that could hurt Marth/Roy even when they counter. It's due to the fact that turnip would sometime (or half) bounce to them instead of deflecting them away.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Yeah, I personally dont play Peach, but I know that if I see Peach jump and throw a turnip, i cape it or run.

I've only come across 1 person who would throw turnips away from me, and it just completely caught me by surprise.

Top Bottom