• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trying to get back into the swing of things

waifumagnet

Smash Rookie
I was a 3.02 MK main and when MK got hit hard with the nerfs in 3.5, I didn't find him fun anymore and switched between TL, Fox, and Sheik for tournies. With the 3.6b update, I've taken interest in MK again but is there anything I should know about this current version? Any videos would help greatly.

Narelex

Smash Journeyman
You lose all your jumps if hit out of a special move while airborne. Get used to the new Dair and its uses, watch Strongbad play.

Other then that enjoy your good character again.

MegaAmoonguss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MegaAmoonguss
3DS FC
2251-4929-9404
You lose all your jumps if hit out of a special move while airborne. Get used to the new Dair and its uses, watch Strongbad play.

Other then that enjoy your good character again.
Dair is a good tech chase option now too, really good for high percent punishes if you get a read while they're knocked down. Just another cool random use for it. Other than that it's basically like another bair but with different hitboxes, again watch Strong Bad lol

Narelex

Smash Journeyman
Dair is a good tech chase option now too, really good for high percent punishes if you get a read while they're knocked down. Just another cool random use for it. Other than that it's basically like another bair but with different hitboxes, again watch Strong Bad lol
The Dair sends at a 35 degree angle as opposed to the sakurai angle of Bair so it's better for gimping.

MegaAmoonguss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MegaAmoonguss
3DS FC
2251-4929-9404
The Dair sends at a 35 degree angle as opposed to the sakurai angle of Bair so it's better for gimping.
Yeah probs should have worded that better; different hitboxes/angles, therefore far different uses, but similar horizontal kill potential overall (although dair has slightly less knockback, I believe). Like if someone is at 120% and you hit them with a dair vs a bair onstage, it's gonna have a more or less similar effect, which is what I meant before and didn't really take the extra 2 seconds to think about gimps lol (which it is amazing for, you can hit people with a run offstage -> jump dair and get a really good gimp if you time it well, plus just other general offstage gimps that you can expect from a multi-jump character).

This differing from 3.0 dair due to that being a combo move and 3.5 dair which was really only a situational combo extender and situational gimp move.

Last edited:
Top Bottom