• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trippy Fakeout Tactic

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
If you press the jump button to midair jump the first 5 frames you leave the ground, you will be low enough to make a profitable wavedash and not hear Ness' air dodge exclaim. You can use this to trick your opponent into thinking you are jumping since you can still see the spark from the midair jump until your wavedash is over. What do you think about this?

D

Deleted member

If you press the jump button to midair jump the first 5 frames you leave the ground, you will be low enough to make a profitable wavedash and not hear Ness' air dodge exclaim. You can use this to trick your opponent into thinking you are jumping since you can still see the spark from the midair jump until your wavedash is over. What do you think about this?
standard human reaction time for an experienced maneuver (this means if your opponent knows what they're doing) is .25 seconds. In a 60 frame per second game, that's 15 frames.

No one is going to react to a 5 frame action as a feint. A good feint should challenge your opponent's reflexes, so look for a technique that takes appx. 13-15 frames so they still try to respond to it, but it's too fast so you get an advantage.

I have an example. I often do a jab, then run away into a pivoted DJC bair, which works much the same as jab forward smash for most characters, except the DJC bair combos to grab when a fsmash wouldn't. It's really useful.

Of course jab bair grab doesn't actually combo, but it's a good feint trick, trying to bait a shieldgrab after the jab.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
standard human reaction time for an experienced maneuver (this means if your opponent knows what they're doing) is .25 seconds. In a 60 frame per second game, that's 15 frames.

No one is going to react to a 5 frame action as a feint. A good feint should challenge your opponent's reflexes, so look for a technique that takes appx. 13-15 frames so they still try to respond to it, but it's too fast so you get an advantage.

I have an example. I often do a jab, then run away into a pivoted DJC bair, which works much the same as jab forward smash for most characters, except the DJC bair combos to grab when a fsmash wouldn't. It's really useful.

Of course jab bair grab doesn't actually combo, but it's a good feint trick, trying to bait a shieldgrab after the jab.
something useful... HERE?
Lol, Mow is totally right. Punch FOOT IN YOUR FACE combo!

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Practice. That's how I got faster... I'm pretty sure if the average person worked hard enough they could improve their reflex time (I definetely did). Ness is an extremely fast character to use and you need fast hands to play him, just like fox, except without the top tierness. If you don't think you can be fast enough then pick another character or something, I dunno.

The person who created this thread was suggesting something that required even faster finger movements. I really don't understand what you're trying to say, that Mow's suggestion is useless or something or the average person can't do what Mow is suggesting? I can't figure it out. How in the world do you know Mow's reflex? That dot changing colors thing doesn't count (I fell asleep waiting for the god**** thing to change colors.)

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
It's probably because Mow got a cybernetic implant into his brain, increasing brain power a functional 250 hertz.

Or he's magic. It's narrowed down to those.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
My problem is getting off the jab without getting....well....one of a hundred nasty things happening to me. It's not often I'm that close to the enemy standing still.....of course my wavedash sucks...>_>

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
You not HUNGRY for FAKEOUT...

You hungry for HOT POCKETTTTTT!

Funny commercial lingo aside...

My trick to having fast reflexes dates back to when my dad used to hurl beer bottles at my head for not taking out the trash (I was such a little scoundrel back then) but I would catch them and toss them back and would hit him for MASSIVE DAMAGE!

*ahem.

To each their own? I hardly wave dash with ness as usually my oppenents run to me, not away. I DC.

Top Bottom