• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trigger Trick Glitch

Bones0

Smash Legend
For those who don't know, the "trigger trick" is removing the spring from your trigger or simply holding the trigger while plugging in your controller. The goal of this is to allow Melee players to easily click the trigger and hard shield immediately. Unfortunately, when I play P:M with my trigger-tricked controller, this creates some weird issues.

When I try to shai drop (shield drop out of a dash), I use my trigger-tricked R button. P:M seems to treat my single press as 2 individual presses because when I input a shai drop, I end up wavelanding... I am NOT pressing jump or up on the control stick, so I'm assuming that my character is dropping through with a shield drop and then airdodging diagonally on the very next frame. If not, then something really weird is happening. None of this is an issue when I use a light press on my L trigger (not trigger-tricked).

Top Bottom