• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trader's Planet, SMASH (1v1 / 2v2) - San Antonio, August 4th

Preacher5

Smash Cadet
Super Smash Bros. Melee tournament (1 vs. 1 AND 2 vs. 2). Double elimination.

Saturday, August 4th at 3pm

Visit our FORUMS at http://traders-planet.com for information about this and all of our other events.

Players are REQUIRED to bring their own controllers.

Entry Fee: $5.00 per player, per event
Registration Fee: $5 per player

Prize Money is based on participation. The more that attend, the higher the prize money.

SINGLES:
1st Place: 65%
2nd Place: 25%
3rd Place: 10%

DOUBLES: Friendly Fire is ON
1st Place: 65%
2nd Place: 25%
3rd Place: 10%

- Best 2 out of 3
- Finals: 3 out of 5
- 7 minute rounds
- no items
- 4 lives

Random stages are Final Destination, Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Stadium, Kirby 64, Yoshi's Story

Banned stages are Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach's Castle, and Kongo Jungle, Onett, Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom 2.

- At the beginning of a match players can opt for a double blind pick.
- After each game, the loser picks the next stage and then the winner decides what character he will play and the loser chooses his/her character last before the next match begins.

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
but the one on the 21 isnt cancelled, he was just announcing his next tourny...am i correct?

tsetse

Smash Lord
Correct...the 21st is still a go, this is a new posting for our next Smash event. I just wanted to give everyone enough notice for the August date.
Hi preacher, the valley crew has a tourney planned for this same day. We are expecting big numbers including some smashers from mexico to show up to it also. Is there an arrangement that we can work out so the days don't conflict. We posted our information up on the 07-03-2007, at 03:22 PM. We usually get very few out of towners but our big tourneis will number at about 40 or so. This is our big one for the year so we are expecting to hand out at least 300$ for singles only. Last time we handed out about 800$ overall including singles and teams. Thanks for considering this in advance. BTW i went to a Traders Planet tournie a while back and really had a good time. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=108296

AXE 09

Smash Master
hmmmm if you move this to the 28th, then i'll probably go because i'm gonna be visitng Texas from the 25th to... i dunno how long lol. but the 28th would be good for me. the 29th (sunday) would probably be even better so 5.0.5. could make it too, but either one is fine by me

Preacher5

Smash Cadet
We can do one tourney on the 11th and another the weekend of the 28th. I don't know about the Sunday thing SoS, that day has typically been bad for any kind of tournament.

AXE 09

Smash Master
alright that's cool. so is this officially going to be on july 28th? i need to know soon so i can plan ahead

Top Bottom