• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Traction Negater, Shieldstun Momentum Shuffling

Squiiidzoid

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5026-5302-6885
I am sure all of you have read the tip that says something like "Shieldstun Shuffling: Input a direction while your shield is being hit to move slightly in that direction", and like me thought that that was just talking about how you can move your shield around to prevent shield stabbing. However, this really does affect your momentum. This means you can almost completely negate shield pushback. This partly explains why a run to shield sometimes negates shield pushback and sometimes doesn't. With this i have been able to punish even things such as Fsmashes on my shield with extreme punishes like a standing grab or a standing up b OOS.

To do it, you have to press the direction before you press shield, otherwise you will roll. So for instance what you would do is run forward, keep holding forward when you run into shield, and then keep holding forward while shielded. This is extremely useful for Luigi with his traction problems usually making it hard to punish strong moves OOS unless you perfect shield(which is dangerous against strong moves, especially with online lag). I think we should make this known to all the Luigi mains here, as even though some people may say "lol i knew about this ages ago", most people don't know about it.

Leone Phelps

Smash Rookie
NNID
LeonePhelps
I've never seen that tip but I have seen "Hitstun Shuffling: Input a direction while you're being hit to move slightly in that direction"

Also you can move shield without rolling, you just need to be precise on your stick. Like with shield dropping

Just tested versus C. Falcon's forward smash on omega Windy Hill Zone and concluded that whether shielding normally, angling the shield, or running into shield and keeping it angled, I still get pushed back the same distance every time. I think it was just a placebo :/

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Ironic, but I suggest you post this in the Luigi Combos + Tech thread that you made and I stickied for you. Would probably be more noticed, otherwise I may take the sticky down since it hasn't been updated in a long time. I would suggest doing this with the other tech threads you've made.

http://smashboards.com/threads/luigi-tech-combo-thread.404360/

Cool tech though!

Last edited:

Pook and Pie

Smash Rookie
Ironic, but I suggest you post this in the Luigi Combos + Tech thread that you made and I stickied for you. Would probably be more noticed, otherwise I may take the sticky down since it hasn't been updated in a long time. I would suggest doing this with the other tech threads you've made.

http://smashboards.com/threads/luigi-tech-combo-thread.404360/

Cool tech though!
I just clicked into that sticky (I'm afraid to post in it since no one else has) and I can't see anything at all? There are so many embedded spoilers buttons and when I open all of them they expand but I see nothing.

Am I doing something wrong?

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I just clicked into that sticky (I'm afraid to post in it since no one else has) and I can't see anything at all? There are so many embedded spoilers buttons and when I open all of them they expand but I see nothing.

Am I doing something wrong?
No, it just hasn't been updated by the creator. I suggested putting all the techs he has been posting into that thread he made before. If not, I might just unsticky it because it is serving no purpose atm.

On another note, welcome to the Luigi boards, enjoy your stay!

Pook and Pie

Smash Rookie
Ah, thanks, I appreciate it. I've been a long time lurker but I'm hoping to finally improve my Luigi game after a really long time of messing around in the dark!

Squiiidzoid

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5026-5302-6885
No, it just hasn't been updated by the creator. I suggested putting all the techs he has been posting into that thread he made before. If not, I might just unsticky it because it is serving no purpose atm.

On another note, welcome to the Luigi boards, enjoy your stay!
Sorry for not updating it for a while, I was busy with exams at school, but now that's over, I should be a lot more active.

Top Bottom